Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mike.Popoloski...  GDNet+
Full Name Michael Popoloski
Nickname Mike.Popoloski 
State/Province, Country NJ   United States
GD Gathering City West Milford, NJ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID MikePopoloski 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Programming 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1834  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/28/2004 11:18:41 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/mpopoloski/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Designing a Flexible Vertex Element System for XNA Using Attributes
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SlimDX June 2010 Released The SlimDX release for the June 2010 SDK is now live! The long wait on this one was due to issues with Windows Installer and trying to integrate our new .NET 4.0 support. More on that here if you're interested. You can get the SlimDX S... 
Posted July 1, 2010 12:15:46 PM
ID3D11InfoQueue::AddRetrievalFilterEntries According to the documentation, ID3D11InfoQueue::AddRetrievalFilterEntries takes an array of retrieval filters to add to the queue. How does the method know how many entries are in the array? 
Posted May 11, 2010 12:13:11 PM
DirectX in Six Different Languages One of the nice side effects of the SlimDX project is that DirectX has become usable from a wide variety of languages that target .NET. We had never really seen this used much though, except for the occasional VB.Net post every now and then. A month... 
Posted July 28, 2009 9:46:48 AM
ID3D11DeviceContext::CSSetUnorderedAccessViews I ran across this method for the first time today, and was wondering about the usage of the last parameter. The documentation and header seem to imply that it's an array of lengths, but if so what exactly are these lengths? Looking at the samples see... 
Posted June 6, 2009 1:19:48 PM
SlimDX: Feedback Desired SlimDX has been going strong for over a year now, and with each release we've been slowly adding more and more features on top of the core library. Samples, sample framework, example game, help articles, extensible installer, and a suite of type... 
Posted January 31, 2009 12:20:15 PM
ID3DXBaseEffect::SetValue Bug? I think ID3DXBaseEffect::SetValue may contain a bug pertaining to size validation. As an example, say I have an effect file with a simple vector array like so: float4 myArray[20]; In my code, if I call ID3DXBaseEffect::SetVectorArray("myArray",... 
Posted November 4, 2008 7:27:31 PM
DirectX SDK August 2008 The DirectX August 2008 SDK is out now. I didn't see an announcement anywhere, so I assume I'm the first to post this. Linky. 
Posted August 27, 2008 2:30:07 PM
Dynamic Dispatch in C# I was browsing the forums the other day when I ran across this thread, in which the OP wanted to use multiple dispatch in C#. Once it was discovered that this could not be done in C#, at least not directly, the topic flowed on to how his col... 
Posted July 17, 2008 7:54:25 PM
WooHoo!!! Post number one thousand!!! That sure seems like a lot, but then I look at the amount that people like Superpig and Less Bread have... It's been great being a part of this community. Here's to another thousand! 
Posted July 13, 2008 12:38:39 PM
I'm Happy So it seems like there is so much unhappiness, depression, and general angst floating around The Lounge these days. So I thought I'd liven things up a bit. I'm supremely happy right now. I just graduated high school, hung out with tons of friends,... 
Posted June 29, 2008 11:35:12 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SlimDX and PIX Have you specifically set your project to build as x86? 
Posted January 3, 2011 5:28:37 PM
C++ Pointers and C# ref Instead of looking at individual examples of ways pointers are different, you should realize that in general pointers represent a fundamentally different way of programming than you're used to and should resign yourself to studying them thoroughly if... 
Posted January 3, 2011 2:10:08 PM
[SlimDX] Rendering MiniTri10 example with world/view/proj matrices. The position of your camera is too far away to see anything. Setting it to (0, 0, -10) causes the triangle to appear for me. Also, note that the "fov" parameter to Matrix.PerspectiveFovLH should be in radians, not degrees. 
Posted January 1, 2011 2:10:00 PM
Translation: Delphi procedure that initialize with message to C++ Neither C nor C++ have any keywords or directives to make implementing message handlers easier or cleaner. I'm not sure what you're looking to do, but Win32 message callbacks look mostly like what you've posted there, not including the messed up swit... 
Posted December 29, 2010 3:39:08 PM
Is this level of damage realtime possible with no calculus? ok. 
Posted December 29, 2010 2:22:10 PM
IDE without WORKSPACES/SOLUTIONS Let me make sure we have this straight: what you're looking for here is an IDE that doesn't have any of the features of an IDE because you can't handle clicking the "New Project" button? 
Posted December 23, 2010 10:32:59 AM
[SlimDX] Weird/Unused code in SimpleModel example? This was testing code that didn't get taken out for the release. It's been removed in the latest version. 
Posted December 23, 2010 8:12:39 AM
SlimDx and windows 7 issues The .NET 2.0 binaries are shared across all frameworks from .NET 2 to .NET 3.5. They should work equally well in any of them. 
Posted December 22, 2010 8:23:39 PM
Converting wchar_t to LPWSTR If you need to write into the string, then you can't just pin it that way. You could always do something like this: std::vector<wchar_t> title(textBox1->Text->Length); propWrite[0].pwszVal = &title[0]; CallSomething(propWrite... 
Posted December 21, 2010 8:08:51 AM
[slimdx] WpfSample10 failing Have you installed the update to Vista that allows for Direct3D 11 support? Windows 7 supports it natively, but you need an update to run it on Vista as well. I don't know if this would affect shared textures, but it couldn't hurt to make sure. 
Posted December 21, 2010 8:05:53 AM
View All Replies Made By This User