Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Awoken...  
Full Name  
Nickname Awoken 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 940  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/20/2009 7:38:06 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Flash Game :( [Edited by - Awoken on January 1, 2011 11:46:59 PM] 
Posted January 1, 2011 5:19:05 PM
Assassin FPS I've had this idea flot around in my head and I was just wondering what you guys thought. So it's a FPS but with an RPG element, kinda like fallout 3 but with gameplay more like traditional fps'. You'd be a contracted Assassin working for who... 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:52:20 PM
browser game with server side calculations. is it possible to have a broswer game where the player has access to the gui which provides the information, but the bulk of the calculations are provided by a background server? So if a player makes an action (let's say he buys some men) How are... 
Posted November 10, 2010 4:11:00 PM
Breaking Mind. background: game type: First person shooter/Puzzle character: middle aged man occupation: contractor for a consortium of pharmaceutical companies work involves: using force to achieve desired results. Mainly works in countries with populations w... 
Posted October 18, 2010 9:20:33 PM
Using a database for your website. So basically I've never made a website before and decided to go balls deep with my project. I'm currently installing SQL on my computer and have no idea how to go about incorporating the database into my website, or even how to use a database... 
Posted July 23, 2010 3:29:32 PM
Anyone here using MS Web developer 2010 VB? If so please let me know. 
Posted July 18, 2010 5:10:26 AM
Send an email with Confirmation Link So I've created my site using Microsoft Web developer VB and I want my site to send out a confirmation Email with a link that the user must click to activate there account. Now, I haven't gone to school for this stuff, but I've programed a function... 
Posted May 14, 2010 4:43:49 PM
Solved Alright, my rating took a rather nasty dive due to my imature outburst, so I'm looking for sympathy votes. Cheers Yall [Edited by - Awoken on April 27, 2010 6:10:43 PM] 
Posted April 27, 2010 3:49:07 PM
Background So when I open a new project for Windows Web developer 2010 it uses a standard design template. I would like to have a different look and feel for my page, is there a program that I can make the look and then gives me the code I can implement in... 
Posted April 25, 2010 2:57:03 PM
Online Intelligence test. Hey guys, I'm interested in programing the cadillac of online intelligence tests. I want it to be visually appealing and entertaining for those who participate. There are certain criteria I need though to make this idea a reality and need to k... 
Posted April 12, 2010 9:29:30 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Assassin FPS On the issue of perversion, I agree 100% with the idea that it's a perversion. And to be completely honest, I'm drawn to video games that allow me to express my deeper perversions. I'm interested in making games that express even deeper preversions... 
Posted December 6, 2010 6:49:46 PM
C++ Workshop - Getting Started with C++ (Ch. 1 & 2) oh ma gah, I just found this today and I've visite this site for over a year. 
Posted November 25, 2010 4:31:51 PM
MMORPG economics concept (long read) On one of the very first slides you talk about the relationship between money and commodities, you made an error in stating that when the supply of commodities goes up the value of money goes down, I think what you ment to say is that if the sup... 
Posted November 25, 2010 4:19:20 PM
The philosophy behind bringing a social gamer to the core experience - plus more Well, I think you've got a great radio voice/podcast voice, but the content of what you're talking doesn't appeal to me personally, thought I'm sure someone out there would get a kick out of what you're talking about. 
Posted November 12, 2010 10:48:21 PM
browser game with server side calculations. hun, so if I have a thousand people access my website at the same time and the browser game needs to calculate information every minute, the hosting server will do all the calculations? 
Posted November 12, 2010 12:31:42 PM
A highly competitive browser game - is it possible? @ tommy408 oh I like, I'm interested, however, I'm more than certain my approach is very different though the discription may be the same. What is your economic system like? Cus this is where the bulk of my thinking has gone. The game play e... 
Posted November 9, 2010 2:15:31 PM
A highly competitive browser game - is it possible? My ambition is huge. A browser based game where: -worlds where thousands of players can join and participate in building their empires in real time. -diplomacy integrated heavily into the functioning of game play. -technology, economics, militar... 
Posted November 2, 2010 4:55:31 PM
I don't believe that this is the smartest man in the world... SteveDeFacto Next time you're making love to the woman just remember how irrational the feelings are that go along with your sexual drive. Truely, nobody needs to feel those things, logically all you need to do is deposit your sperm for procre... 
Posted October 23, 2010 2:01:21 PM
I don't believe that this is the smartest man in the world... Quote: mikeman Then starts a bizarre cycle, at least for me: At first, you think: "Whoa, I'm such a good person, and smart too!" If you're lucky(or very unlucky, who knows), you reflect on this thought and drop to the 2nd level: "Hey, hold yo... 
Posted October 22, 2010 2:05:59 PM
I don't believe that this is the smartest man in the world... Quote: M2tM Your question was if the idea god inspires me and I said it does not, if that isn't a straightforward answer I'm not sure what is. :) o.k fair enough. I was just thinking that if I explained my question further you might answer d... 
Posted October 21, 2010 1:29:09 PM
View All Replies Made By This User