Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jaap1978...  
Full Name Jaap Visser
Nickname Jaap1978 
State/Province, Country Overijssel   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.jaapvisser.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Composer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1079  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/23/2007 5:26:50 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Game audio articles Interview and audio for games indepth Interview Rod Abernethy Interview Hitoshi Sakimoto Interview Keith Power About the Halo 3 audio In the studio with Inon Zur Jesper Kyd interview The Rise and Fall of Game Audio A getting started articl... 
Posted April 1, 2008 5:50:26 PM
3 new royalty free music packages available Jaap Visser Music Productions has 3 new royalty free music packages for sale. Each package contains 10 compositions with a total lenght of around 15 minutes. There are 3 packages: 1: Action Music Package - suitable for a FPS, RTS, action adv... 
Posted September 12, 2008 4:17:15 PM
Composer and Sound Designer Name: Jaap Visser Company: Jaap Visser Music Productions Website: http://www.jaapvisser.com Email: info@jaapvisser.com Compensation: paid only, but my prices are very reasonable and Indie orientated. Contact: e-mail, PM or msn/yahoo: jaapvi... 
Posted August 12, 2008 4:06:38 PM
Sort of try before you buy I recently came across this website: http://www.try-sound.com/ It basicly lets you try some libraries and plugins from your own computer. Very cool stuff and great to see if you like things :D I thought there would be some interest for this here... 
Posted August 13, 2008 1:53:34 AM
Music and Sound Design Package Jaap Visser Music Productions offers now a special custom made music and sound design package with a semi-exclusive deal. What do you get? 6 songs and up to 30 sound effects and stingers The music will consist of a: 1: main theme/intro/cr... 
Posted June 25, 2008 7:22:11 AM
Composer/Sound Designer looking for paid work Name: Jaap Visser Company: Jaap Visser Music Productions E-mail: musicproductions@jaapvisser.com Compensation: looking for paid work, but my rates are reasonable and can be negotiated. I am a professional freelance composer and sound designer a... 
Posted May 16, 2008 2:37:18 PM
My journal Hi peeps, I am making a journal at the moment that is going to contain a series of writings about.....dont be afraid....still here?...shocking aint it? Yes, about music. Ok, all kidding a side. I was planning already for some to write some... 
Posted April 16, 2008 5:38:32 PM
Jaap Visser Music Productions - Composer/Sound Designer Company: Jaap Visser Music Productions Website: Jaap Visser Music Productions Compensation: Paid only (rates are reasonable and can be negotiated) Jaap Visser Music Productions can offer high quality music and sound design for games. After... 
Posted March 20, 2008 7:41:48 PM
Celemony Melodyne: Direct Note Access - Awesome new tool! Probably some of you have seen it on some audio forums around, but if not, check out: http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna Awesome new tool for pitch correction. I think this is a great step forward in audio technology. 
Posted March 13, 2008 5:15:19 PM
Royalty free music available Hi people! I want to notify you that on my webshop I have now 20 royalty free tracks available. There is an option to listen to songs fully in a player. The songs are also represented by the Proud Music Library, but now as well for sale ... 
Posted March 9, 2008 5:12:15 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Hi there! What's your story? My name is Jaap Visser, age 29 (1 week till 30 :P) and I have made the switch from classical composer to game composer and sound designer. I have studied classical composition, sonology and musicology and worked during and after study for a few year... 
Posted November 6, 2008 4:17:05 PM
Where to start ? Limit yourself first and then build up step by step to expand your needs. If you start small you will discover what you are missing and what you need and the will lead you easier into the direction you want then digging in all at once. My ad... 
Posted November 1, 2008 8:19:32 PM
skilled composer is looking for projects Hi Toxu, You might want to PM a mod (nmadsen for example) to ask if they can move your topic to the help wanted section. You will have more exposure there and we are allowed to advertise our services in that section. The music section is less... 
Posted November 1, 2008 8:10:32 PM
Starting your career as a composer-sound designer (FAQ and answers) When you sell your sounds or music as non-exclusive then make always sure that you set a fixed term in time. For example I sell a lot of sounds and music as library music and sound effects and I always (or the company, depends which library) sets an... 
Posted October 31, 2008 7:30:13 PM
Game audio articles Thanks Nathan :) Will update it soon again with some new articles. 
Posted October 18, 2008 12:24:08 PM
Start-Up Costs The packages Nathan suggested are great. I own them both now and can't live without them. I had for a long time only the waves gold bundle (which is painfully expensive for a starting studio and if you emptied your wallet, you are going to em... 
Posted October 16, 2008 1:05:36 PM
Colleges for composing/audio production Hi Trevor, I think you should check with yourself what your goals are and what you want to learn in the upcoming years: Questions like: - improve composing - developping sound design skills - learning to work with studio equipment etc etc... 
Posted October 13, 2008 6:14:31 PM
Sound Design and C++ It is very nice to have a good programming background if you want to enter the world of sound design. A lot of middleware is using c++ or similar language and it helps you certainly going if you know who to program audio. For a company it saves time,... 
Posted October 13, 2008 5:52:17 PM
Iron Composer Wow congratulations Nathan! Well deserved and must be a good good reward for all the hard work :D 
Posted September 18, 2008 2:27:31 AM
Decent Quality Voice Actor need for bit-part NPCs I am in the proces of recording a lot of voice overs at the moment. There are possibilities for male and female voice over. Drop me a mail at info@jaapvisser.com and we can discus further details if you are interested. 
Posted September 17, 2008 5:56:34 PM
View All Replies Made By This User