Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know hbsmgray...  
Full Name  
Nickname hbsmgray 
State/Province, Country AL   United States
GD Gathering City Huntsville, AL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.hatboysoftware.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1022  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/25/2005 5:00:13 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Simple Windowing Engine This is a sample of the simple windowing engine I pieced together this weekend. I think I'm going to go ahead and create some event handling code to allow basic operations like resizing, moving, and mouse-click-drag detection. In any case, it's not m... 
Posted December 12, 2005 12:37:17 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Simple Windowing Engine Hmm, considering the fact that I'm juggling time between my incredibly unforgiving career, my loving wife, and my hobby (this), the amount of man hours I probably put into this would total all of 12-15, roughly... 
Posted December 19, 2005 9:19:52 PM
VNXView - The VNX Window System Heh, cool... How are you implementing the event handling on your windowing system? I'm using an event handler base class and an event dispatcher singleton class (read as OOP) for mine... 
Posted December 14, 2005 9:54:17 PM
Simple Windowing Engine Thanks for all the supportive comments -- I actually just got the mouse event functions in, and although I'm not 100% sure of their "correct" functionality, I am successfully moving windows with left-click-drag operations...  
Posted December 14, 2005 9:50:17 PM
Simple Windowing Engine Yay -- late nights do pay off!!! I managed to get my event handling mechanism working, and I'm successfully generating keyboard events with ease... The mouse side of things will be a little more difficult as I believe I'll have to keep track of the... 
Posted December 13, 2005 11:36:59 PM
Simple Windowing Engine Heh, sorry... I'm just a big nerd when it comes to these things -- it absolutely drives my wife nuts... 
Posted December 13, 2005 9:15:05 AM
Simple Windowing Engine Now that I'm no longer at my day job and can geek a little bit more, yeah, I plan on adding the shutdown buttons and other cool and nifty functionality... Right now, all the window elements are derived from a default texture, and features like... 
Posted December 12, 2005 8:30:45 PM
Simple Windowing Engine Not quite sure yet -- I'm probably going to use a base class for the event handler which will register with a singleton event dispatcher... I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle the input devices in relation to this, but I'm sure I'll come up w... 
Posted December 12, 2005 5:33:49 PM
View All Replies Made By This User