Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Retro3D...  
Full Name Matt Yan
Nickname Retro3D 
State/Province, Country Liaoning   China
GD Gathering City Jinzhou, Liaoning, China
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.3dlevel.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1089  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/16/2005 11:40:29 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
ZX-Shader 48k+ This goes to all ZX-Spectrum fans out there. The newest technology (programmable shaders) doing something that was possible 20 years ago :P This demo is written in VB.NET with Artificial Engines and shows how to render a model with a HLSL shader,... 
Posted February 14, 2006 12:39:19 PM
Artificial Engines Reel This is more a video of the day, so go ahead and download our latest reel of things we did with Artificial Engines in the last year. There's two versions available: Large (640x480, 37MB) Small (320x240, 12MB) Artificial Engines are a group of... 
Posted March 17, 2006 8:20:14 AM
Article: How to move and rotate things in 3D Hey all! For long I've just lurked this forums but now I actually have something useful to contribute to the community. Well, I've seen a lot of questions from beginners in 3D about how to make a 3d model move around the world and then attach anot... 
Posted February 20, 2006 4:29:40 AM
Artificial Gamedev Community Hello all! Me and Kavan have been working on a VB.NET managed DirectX library for the last few years and have posted a number of articles and source code for short demos on our homepage: www.3dlevel.com/gamedev Our team's name is 3D-... 
Posted November 3, 2005 3:08:10 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Artificial Engines Reel You need to get the Xvid codec: http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/. 
Posted March 18, 2006 6:08:35 PM
Artificial Engines Reel As said, the source code for most of these demos can be found in our Game Code Library. Just browse the demo of your interest there :) 
Posted March 17, 2006 6:58:36 PM
Planet Quest 4.0 Nice work! I get something nice to look at when I return to my PC. I especially like the rings around planets. 
Posted February 24, 2006 8:04:28 PM
Article: How to move and rotate things in 3D Yes, Back to the future didn't have the Lotus, however one of the 007 movies had it (with underwater capabilites :)). I agree that it's not explainig a lot of theory. The intent was to have a ready answer for the next newbie that wants to do... 
Posted February 21, 2006 7:33:54 AM
Article: How to move and rotate things in 3D Yes, I am well aware and was (in some things still am) used to this approach. However, when you have 5 or 6 matrices to multiply in the correct order it's much easier to visualize what you're trying to do. I've now seen already too many topics where... 
Posted February 20, 2006 11:15:09 PM
Article: How to move and rotate things in 3D Quote:Original post by rmdeboer82 looks nice, although it doesn't tell the theory behind it i think (don't see any formulas). maybe it's something more practical then you probably suceeded. Yes, it doesn't deal so much with physics (I leave that... 
Posted February 20, 2006 6:34:56 PM
ZX-Shader 48k+ Thanks for all the nice words! It's great to find that my idea about doing graphics the oldschool way isn't just my weird deviation, but actually liked by a lot of people. And btw, please, stop calling me sir. I don't know that much about english,... 
Posted February 20, 2006 4:03:24 AM
ZX-Shader 48k+ Yes, the color clash is something that I really wanted to do. However, it will require a more complex shader or even software processing - I have no idea, cos I'm just starting HLSL and haven't done multiple-pass shaders that would read from 64 point... 
Posted February 15, 2006 6:52:30 PM
ZX-Shader 48k+ Yes, it's a 3D model. If you go to the source code page you can download the art files for this and see that it's just a normal .x model. Binaries of demos in the Game Code Library are not available, because a big part of the idea is that the user... 
Posted February 15, 2006 1:08:44 AM
Python or Basic? I don't want to say choose Basic over Python, because that is 85% a matter of your TASTE and perhaps the remaining 15% of the special features - the perks - each language has. What I will say is DON'T believe the "basic is crap and outdated" poste... 
Posted September 10, 2005 5:06:35 AM
View All Replies Made By This User