Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Oluseyi...  Staff
Full Name Oluseyi Sonaiya
Nickname Oluseyi 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City New York, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 2029  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/14/2001 2:16:12 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/Oluseyi/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Creating a Win32 Window Wrapper Class
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Can a gaming-related television station actually thrive? I don't really pay much attention to gaming news or "gamer" lifestyle products, but I came across a sidebar link to a story on Joystiq about DIRECTV dropping G4. This got me to thinking about the prospects for a true, gaming-oriented televi... 
Posted November 7, 2010 3:04:44 PM
Tom Bissell's "Extra Lives" asks, Are video games a massive waste of time? Over on Slate.com I came across an article about a (new?) book by Tom Bissell called Extra Lives in which he ultimately wonders whether video games are a waste of time. Far more interesting to me, however, is this pair of paragraphs by Slate tec... 
Posted June 15, 2010 10:39:25 AM
Implementation Strategies for Extensible Application (plugin API) I normally ask these kinds of questions on #gamedev so I have near-immediate turn around, but my current internet access solution doesn't appear to free port 6667, and as I've taken a Facebook hiatus for now, I can't put the question to the regu... 
Posted May 19, 2010 9:42:32 PM
Hi guys Been about eight months since I logged in to GDNet or even checked the site. Silvermyst and I were talking on FB and he said the input box was acting up so he'd finish up on GDNet, and then I decided to delete my FB account entirely... LOL.... 
Posted May 8, 2010 8:40:34 PM
GDNet at the Movies: District 9 is NOT an Apartheid Allegory. It is much less. In the days leading up to the release of Neill Blomkamp's directorial debut, I became aware of a recurring piece of lazy analysis. Blomkamp, you see, is South African, and District 9 is set in Johannesburg and features an alien race segregated from t... 
Posted August 19, 2009 8:09:28 AM
GDNet at the Movies: Transformers: Meh Summer of 2008, it ain't. The summer of 2008 was spectacular, as far as its blockbusters were concerned. Starting with Iron Man, it was a continuous string of thoroughly enjoyable films all the way up to Tropic Thunder. (Well, except for Wanted. W... 
Posted June 26, 2009 1:41:45 AM
BODIES My employer, Firstborn, organized a company trip to the BODIES exhibition at the South Street Seaport in NYC. I'd been before, about two years ago, so I knew what to expect and came with sketchbook and drawing materials in hand. Or, well, I *thoug... 
Posted May 20, 2009 3:03:43 PM
GDNet at the Movies: Live Long and Prosper! When I first heard that a new Star Trek movie was being made, I really had no opinion. I never was a big fan of Star Trek: I thought The Next Generation was the best overall iteration, but I never got into it. Recent movies (Nemesis) had bombed a... 
Posted May 10, 2009 10:25:55 PM
GDNet at the Movies: So, just how bad was Watchmen? I have no problem with spoilers. Some people really get agitated about spoilers, throwing little hissy fits and saying ridiculous things like, "Gee, asshole, thanks for ruining it for me!" I can really only name two films that would be lesse... 
Posted March 9, 2009 2:08:40 AM
GDNet at the Movies: Taken I'll come right out and say it: I loved Taken. I was in a mood for a compact, violent film, and it delivered in spades. The pacing was perfect - and it wasn't a headlong rush into action, either. Characters and relationships are well established... 
Posted February 18, 2009 1:36:38 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to make a Game Engine? Quote:Original post by boogyman19946 Different compilers = different machine code and processing of your code. Are you implying that different compilers produce different "machine code"? The same compiler can produce different code depending o... 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:41:17 PM
How to make a Game Engine? Quote:Original post by The_Game EDIT: Interestingly enough, if I take out the comment line before #include "GameEngine.h" it says that line is skipped for predefined header use. #include "stdafx.h" must be the first directive in the file. Place the... 
Posted December 29, 2010 4:02:30 PM
Read a bitmap in C and print it binairy Quote:Original post by SnoopMoop If this step is done, we need to print this binary data in the window. So that we can see the "x" of the picture , but than with "1"s for white color and "0" for the black color of the "x". How many 1s and 0s shou... 
Posted November 11, 2010 11:25:07 AM
OpenGL on Mac OS X Quote:Original post by King_DuckZ So, can I just pass ‘pkg-config --libs glu‘ to GCC? With -framework Cocoa? No, because there are no C++ entry points to Cocoa. You'll still need a minimal amount of Objective-C to set up your window and GL context,... 
Posted November 10, 2010 11:17:54 AM
OpenGL on Mac OS X Quote:Original post by King_DuckZ I don't want to add a dependency to X by using GTK or QT so... Qt for OS X doesn't rely on X, and uses Cocoa by default. 64-bit support, of course, requires Cocoa. Quote:Original post by Bregma GCC compile... 
Posted November 10, 2010 11:15:46 AM
Can a gaming-related television station actually thrive? Quote:Original post by keinmann - Contrary to popular belief, it does NOT take millions of dollars to make and get a TV show on national television. My older brother runs his own outdoors (hunting, fishing, outdoor sporting) television show ... 
Posted November 9, 2010 3:04:17 PM
Can a gaming-related television station actually thrive? Quote:Original post by Silvermyst I agree that the TV is a better medium for this, due to its passive status. Sure, a 360 or PS3 might be able to stream it, but... I'm not watching media on a 360 or PS3, I'm interacting with it. (And I just fou... 
Posted November 9, 2010 12:37:53 PM
Can a gaming-related television station actually thrive? Quote:Original post by LessBread Quote:Original post by Oluseyi What would a sustainable gaming-oriented TV channel look like? ESPN Doubtful. ESPN carries professional athletic engagements (yeah, yeah, college sports; they're de-facto junior pro... 
Posted November 9, 2010 11:33:56 AM
Can a gaming-related television station actually thrive? Quote:Original post by Silvermyst I would definitely pay to see more gaming programming ala the Icons series, which, before they changed the theme from gaming to pop culture, was a must-see G4 show for me. Game reviews are somewhat meaningless i... 
Posted November 8, 2010 3:45:32 PM
Can a gaming-related television station actually thrive? Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care One thing that you mentioned but didn't really highlight is that G4 was growing when it was more game focussed. Once it went mainstream and started airing cops and cheaters for 8 of their 24 hour schedule is... 
Posted November 7, 2010 4:29:56 PM
View All Replies Made By This User