Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Phlogiston...  
Full Name  
Nickname Phlogiston 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Novato, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/2/2009 2:03:01 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Best free C++ GUI I need to create a basic application that will need file menus, buttons, drop down menus, and an expandable tree structure similar to the one on the left in this google image searched picture: http://www.java2s.com/Code/CSharpImages/XMLT... 
Posted March 25, 2010 3:54:29 PM
Do I need a degree? I'm currently enrolled in community college, planning to transfer and get a 4 year computer science degree. I was under the impression a CS degree would be almost essential to be a successful game programmer. About four months ago I got an "internsh... 
Posted January 10, 2010 5:23:53 PM
Understanding this xml processor My mistake. Feel free to delete this post, mods. [Edited by - Phlogiston on November 3, 2009 6:40:28 PM] 
Posted November 3, 2009 4:27:24 PM
Most sought after game programming skills? Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this sort of question. I've spent the past six months teaching myself C++ and learning the basics of various types of game programming. It is my ultimate goal to work as a programmer in the video game ind... 
Posted October 1, 2009 8:15:06 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Do I need a degree? Again, thank you all for the in-depth advice. I never expected I would receive such well-articulated and honest responses from veterans of the industry. I'm meeting with a college counselor tomorrow to work out the details of transferring to a four... 
Posted January 11, 2010 3:35:21 AM
Do I need a degree? Thank you for the well-explained advice Teslastyn. You've convinced me. CS degree, here I come. 
Posted January 10, 2010 11:03:36 PM
View All Replies Made By This User