Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know F1N1TY...  
Full Name Paul Zaczkowski
Nickname F1N1TY 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Spring, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.f1n1ty.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID pzaczkowski 
Yahoo IM ID pzaczkowski 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1253  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/27/2005 3:36:41 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Looking for some help with the Design Document Hello everyone, this is definitely my first post in the game design section on the forums. I don't plan on being a designer (as I'm very into programming), but I would like to write up a proper design document for the game I'm working ... 
Posted December 2, 2008 11:15:17 AM
New To Maya Question Hello everyone, I'm EXTREMELY new to maya (I've had it open for only a few minutes), and I'm super new to 3DS Max as well(only have done a few hours of work using it). Anyway, in 3DS max, when you edit a mesh, you can see the triangular wir... 
Posted October 9, 2008 11:50:36 PM
Silly Little DLL QuestionL (Question had to have an L... ever other word in the title did :-P) Well, I'm trying to make a little windows hook, and I got the hook working, and all that's fine. But now, I'm having troubles sending a value from my DLL to my Executable. I'l... 
Posted April 1, 2008 8:46:28 PM
VS2005 Standard and ATL (And some other stuff) Don't have access to my computer ATM. Can anyone tell me if ATL is included with VS2005 by default? I'm interested in making either a FF extension, or an IE plugin. It's not for public release (will be used at work to automate a few forms). I... 
Posted March 29, 2008 11:08:22 PM
C++ Static Library Problems [RESOLVED] Hey guys. I'm having issues with a static library (.lib). The best way to describe it, is to show an example. If I build the library in RELEASE mode, then reference this library in another project then build that project in RELEASE mode, everyth... 
Posted November 5, 2007 12:08:04 PM
[SOLVED] C++: File just won't open Hello all, I'm making a log-file class. Basically, the requirements for my class are: non-singleton, labeled output (reason for proxy class), don't want to pass references to instances everywhere, overloaded << operator. Basically, my clas... 
Posted May 31, 2007 9:27:25 PM
What is the equivalent of... Does anyone know the equivalent of this in C#? http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h90dkhs0(VS.80).aspx  
Posted May 27, 2007 11:50:57 AM
Question about 64 Bit Computing Currently (to my knowledge at least), the highest BIT Depth for any computer is 32-BIT Color (A8R8G8B8). Due to the invent of the 64 bit processors, would this start allowing the usage of 64-BIT color depth (aka, A16R16G16B16)? If it would, would i... 
Posted November 30, 2006 8:27:48 AM
Linking Nonsense I wasn't sure as to whether to not I should put this in General Programming, or the beginner's lounge forum. Anyway, I was just going through the Lazy Foo' Productions' tutorial on how to set up SDL under Visual Studio.NET 2005. I got it worki... 
Posted September 19, 2006 4:44:03 PM
Setting up CVSNT[Solved] I am having trouble setting up CVSNT on Windows XP Pro. I want to use TortoiseCVS along side it. I have done it before, but for some reason I can't get it to work now. I've been working on it for two hours, and it's becoming very frustra... 
Posted September 18, 2006 6:08:57 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Tactical MMOG - first pre-alpha image Is this rendered in engine, or pre-rendered elsewhere? Looks great! 
Posted August 31, 2009 11:17:24 AM
Vulcan3D engine This is truly impressive. I would not AT ALL be surprised if you landed a job right out of, if not before leaving high school. Keep up the great work! 
Posted July 21, 2009 8:00:08 PM
Ubuntu 8.10 on Windows XP VirtualPC Quote:Original post by DrHalan I would reccomend trying Ubuntu as live CD it is the easiest way. I agree, if you're only trying it out, this would be a truly easy option.  
Posted December 7, 2008 1:15:08 AM
Looking for particular tips on good programming practice Here's a few tips of general programming practice (in order of importance, in my opinion): #1) Be consistent. Choose a good naming scheme, and stick to it. Having some methods called get_foo(), and others Foo(), and others getFoo() will onl... 
Posted December 4, 2008 1:45:57 AM
trying to calculate delta time each frame and getting weird results? If for some reason you don't want to use the Performance Counters, you can look at this. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms713418(VS.85).aspx Notably this section: "Windows NT/2000: The default precision of the timeGetTime function... 
Posted December 4, 2008 1:21:41 AM
Linking problem fixed but not understood in VC++2008 Quote:Original post by Westie007 yeah you can do it "in code" by using: #pragma comment(lib, "requiredLibrary.lib") As for the x86 and x64 versions of the library, I'm not too sure actually. I assume the linker knows which platform yu are comp... 
Posted December 2, 2008 11:23:06 AM
Reverse Engineering ...? No, both methods of code are easy to disassemble, esp. with programs that monitor memory changes in order to find addresses of values, then alter those values themselves. As programs get larger, however, there might be thousands of cases where a... 
Posted November 25, 2008 9:11:16 PM
Give me your old game ideas. No! But seriously, I'm working on the design document for something interesting, if you're looking for a small team project. :-D I'll tell you about it on #gamedev next time you get on :-) EDIT: BTW, it's a small p... 
Posted November 25, 2008 4:17:04 PM
Good Language choice for a wannabe pro game developer Quote:Original post by DevFred C++ isn't obsolete, where did you get that idea? It just isn't suited as a first language for beginners. Once you know how to program, learning another language is easy. The hard part for a beginner is to learn two... 
Posted November 25, 2008 12:05:35 PM
VCOMP.LIB Also, make sure OpenMP support is set to No in both Debug AND Release mode (again it's under project properties -> C/C++ -> Language ->OpenMP Support 
Posted November 11, 2008 12:58:18 PM
View All Replies Made By This User