Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dbzprogrammer...  
Full Name Todd 
Nickname dbzprogrammer 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 926  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/29/2005 5:10:34 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Google Wave Anyone else got developer accounts? I'm looking for some people to test it out with before I start designing my wave robot. 
Posted August 15, 2009 9:45:55 PM
Expelled - Explosive? What do you think? I was reading about some anti-matter research when I saw an ad talking about an upcoming movie called "Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed" with Ben Stein. I thought it'd be some kind of intellectual comedy, but after watching the preview, I saw that... 
Posted April 6, 2008 3:24:35 PM
HDR Zones Hello all, I'm looking to write an HDR shader, and my question is this: How does luminosity REALLY work? I've seen multiple examples, where the luminous intensity was exponential or it is linear. Or are there just multiple systems to try? ... 
Posted March 22, 2008 4:51:05 PM
Ambient Occulsion vs Shadows? Quick question, I've been doing a little studying of Ambient Occlusion, and am really a fanatic of the realism created by it. My question is, basically, can Occlusion substitute for shadows? It seems that it makes light and dark of the situation ve... 
Posted August 23, 2007 8:31:53 PM
Stupidity again? Looking at the code below: namespace GameEngine { Kernel::Kernel() { memman = (MemoryManager*)malloc(sizeof(MemoryManager)); memman = new(memman) MemoryManager(); //or memman = ::new(memman) MemoryM... 
Posted March 2, 2007 7:30:27 PM
Stupidly retarded... But neccessary. And I'd prefer not to get talked out of this one, because I don't really have an option. And "ditching" the design to make abstract-C++-ness happy can't be a solution. How do I call constructors/destructors on objects... 
Posted March 1, 2007 9:52:30 PM
Global new operator. Hello all, a quick, couple questions here. I'm currently developing a memory management system for our current game engine, and I wanted to know something quickly. Our memory manager globally overloads new and delete functions in a certain name... 
Posted February 26, 2007 9:11:10 PM
Roughing it Basically, I'm thinking about my future as a game programmer here, and I'm looking for the fastest way to get into the industry... *Please don't view this as bragging, just simple facts* I'm 15, a sophomore in high school, taking as many accelera... 
Posted December 17, 2006 11:19:23 AM
Are Polygons in OpenGL Divided? During a recent arguement with my friend, I could not prove to him that OpenGL divided polygons into triangles. We argued on this, because I believed if he calculated sprites out into triangles rather than quads, then passed them, he'd get a... 
Posted December 14, 2006 9:53:18 PM
Working with 64-bit... I'm just wondering the best way to go about having C++ code working on both 64 and 86 architecutres. Right now what I'm thinking is having a #define on the major types. #ifdef 64BIT #define int long #define float double #endif ... 
Posted November 28, 2006 4:28:58 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What are ROPs & TMUs? The ROP is the unit that performs the final procedure in displaying your screen. When pixels are computed, for example, via shader, they must be blended according to their associated depth and associated blend functions. It's the ROP's job to perfo... 
Posted October 30, 2009 9:09:42 AM
A naive economic, recession fixing question Quote:Original post by LessBread You're not the first to post about the fairtax on these boards... Thanks man! 
Posted August 11, 2009 3:54:07 AM
A naive economic, recession fixing question Quote:Original post by Naurava kulkuri Quote:Original post by dbzprogrammer Do you have statistics to back your claim that the wealthy just play in the stock market? Are you aware that they are inclined to play in the stock market because of a low... 
Posted August 11, 2009 2:40:50 AM
A naive economic, recession fixing question Quote:Original post by LessBread The fairtax is another gimmick to fool people into going along with massive tax cuts for the super wealthy. You want a fair tax system? Jack up the top rates to the 70% rate they were back in the 1960's. Then pay dow... 
Posted August 11, 2009 12:55:50 AM
A naive economic, recession fixing question FairTax. Everyone has more disposable income, including the government. Cut out the lobbyist bullshit which Washington has plenty of. Encourage people to earn more. Cuts down interest rates on loans and makes our nation the most popular pl... 
Posted August 10, 2009 8:47:15 PM
[C++] bask in my awesomeness. I'd love to see this for LOLCAT too. 
Posted June 25, 2009 5:10:41 PM
Trying to Compile a New Linux Kernel for Debian See if this helps: http://kerneltrap.org/node/2318 
Posted May 18, 2009 4:40:33 PM
Goodbye 4th Ammendment Quote:Original post by francoispress I agree with freedom except for civilians being able to have weapons. I think that amendment should have never been created. Really? Increasingly, more and more gun crimes are being committed with illegally... 
Posted February 2, 2009 9:57:09 PM
My IQ score Quote:Original post by shurcool Is it possible to see which questions you got right/wrong after you complete the free test (at iqtest.com)? Or do you have to pay $10 to do that. Ideally, good tests won't have right or wrong answers. The onl... 
Posted January 3, 2009 4:02:07 PM
Assembling the intellectual elite Quote:Original post by Dmytry Quote:Original post by Yann L Quote:Original post by dbzprogrammer How high of an IQ must you have where you could read an 8 1/2 x 11 page of information in 2-3 seconds? None at all. It's called eidetic memory. It... 
Posted November 28, 2008 4:27:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User