Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Zomgbie...  
Full Name Robin Abony
Nickname Zomgbie 
State/Province, Country Stockholms Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/5/2010 6:56:31 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? Hello you! As i'm slowly moving closer to a good understanding of Vertex Buffer Objects, i stumbled upon a question. Consider this; You have many objects (minimum 10, and maximum 10000) in a 2D space. The objects are all just textured cubes, bu... 
Posted January 4, 2011 2:05:59 AM
Nasty vector trouble! Hello people! In my game, i use one vector to store all my objects. At max, there might be around 100 objects contained within the vector, so it's not that crowded. But! I've noticed an issue while adding objects to my vector. Sometimes, when... 
Posted January 2, 2011 2:39:00 PM
My VBO is not drawing anything. Hello! I've got a little problem with an nasty VBO, it's not drawing anything at all. The problem definitely lies somewhere in my VBO code, cause if i swith to immediate mode it's all fine. I'm using GLee for handling the extensions. But this p... 
Posted January 1, 2011 4:34:12 PM
PHP Style function calling in C++ Hello fellas, i have a question. In PHP you can do something like this function thisIsAFunction() { } $functionName = "thisIsAFunction"; $functionName(); Is there a way to do something simliar? I'm asking this because i'm c... 
Posted December 26, 2010 7:24:24 PM
Rendering 2208 2D tiles - Optimization? Hello you! I've been growing more and more fond of game developing and have lately set my goal at creating my very own tile game. Oh, do note; I'm not trying to get an engine going, i just want a platform i can start experimenting with. Anyway! ... 
Posted November 17, 2010 6:27:10 PM
Minimap in large space game Hello people! I'm currently working on a 2D space game. The player is a small ship drawn in the middle of the screen (8x8 pixels), and planets are draw at their location in space (Around 1024x768 pixels). As you might notice by just reading t... 
Posted August 26, 2010 5:31:54 AM
2D Space shooter - Multiplayer experience Hello fellow developers! Introduction My name is Robin, and i'm new to the game development world. I've always been intrested in programming, and i find it one of the most exciting features of life. The challenge to bring ideas to life and t... 
Posted May 5, 2010 7:46:19 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
experienced 2D concept artist finding a Job(paid) Impressive work! If i'd actually had a budget to work with, i'd hire you this second. Thumbs up for you! 
Posted January 7, 2011 7:40:10 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? I'm surprised about the answers i've gotten here. They are extremly informative and helpfull! After reading through all of them, i think i've gotten a better understanding then i had before. Since i'm planning on rotating my sprites, and curr... 
Posted January 5, 2011 5:33:00 PM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? Maybe it's time that i learn shaders then. Sadly, i have no idea what they or nor how to use them. But a few well spent hours on google should take care of that :) 
Posted January 4, 2011 10:50:48 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? Quote:Original post by Erik Rufelt It doesn't work with a texture atlas unless you use shaders. Okey. Hmm, then i guess the question is; Which is best?  
Posted January 4, 2011 9:14:10 AM
One big dynamic VBO, or multiple small static ones? Thanks for all your answers! Quote:Not changing state that causes stalls (read as: use a texture atlas) yields much greater performance advantages. I had no idea there was such a performance gain from using a texture atlas. I'll keep this in mind... 
Posted January 4, 2011 8:42:20 AM
Nasty vector trouble! Quote:Original post by m1o1d1 "What i thought, was that since the particles got added to the same list i'm allready iterating through, something nasty would happen and crash" While Iterating you assign a Pointer to the current Position and also a... 
Posted January 2, 2011 2:52:16 PM
My VBO is not drawing anything. "You have to have a context created first" got me thinking. Turns out i constructed my VBO before i setup my context. Gah, stupid mistake. Thanks a million though for all your help! I'd make you a cake if i could! 
Posted January 1, 2011 5:36:14 PM
My VBO is not drawing anything. Quote:Original post by rolfm It seems to me like you have not put enough data into your buffer. objectVertices has only 8 values, should this not be 9? Like {x,y,z,x,y,z,x,y,z}? I usually test these things by drawing GL_POINTS since its behavio... 
Posted January 1, 2011 5:21:07 PM
My VBO is not drawing anything. Calling glGetError after binding my VBO the first time, returns an invalid operation. This comes from somewhere previous in my code though, since if i call it before binding i get the same result. Just don't want to leave anything out. Calling glG... 
Posted January 1, 2011 4:59:17 PM
PHP Style function calling in C++ Thank you all for your help! And especially you Sudi, that example was great. Finnaly i understand how to work with templates :) 
Posted December 27, 2010 7:51:48 AM
View All Replies Made By This User