Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know happy_mingw_user...  
Full Name Grigore Dorin
Nickname happy_mingw_user 
State/Province, Country Hainaut   Belgium
GD Gathering City Lodelinsart, Hainaut, Belgium
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1040  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/6/2006 5:56:41 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
OpenGL 3.2 questions Hi, I saw some talks about the new OpenGL 3.2 and I need to know what on Earth is going on. Here are some questions: If we have GL 3.2 context, the application will run on all graphic cards that support shaders ? Or only... 
Posted February 20, 2010 4:41:37 PM
LDE - Map Editor Hi, After two months of dev in my spare time, I can finally show some screenshots. I specially re-write this editor from scratch. ( All dev on Linux this time ;) ( My first one here, was poorly designed: http://www.gamedev.net/com... 
Posted November 6, 2007 12:49:10 PM
Loading terrain's height_data from a file. Hi, I need to handle a very big terrain, that I will read from a file that I'll need to create. This is 3D but here we only need to think 2D. Things will be something like loading chunks near my position, max 64x64 per chunk. ( If 4x4 =... 
Posted August 3, 2007 7:01:50 AM
OpenGL text help Hello :), I'm trying to create a text engine, but I don't know that much about how to go in :(. For the moment I have my font texture loaded in an GLuint and I can draw it on quads on ortho with OpenGL. I searched and searched, but I &... 
Posted June 20, 2006 3:25:39 PM
Amateurish game builder. Hello I started to make an amateurish game builder, last week, just for fun :). To use it there is no need to know any programming language, it's a BlenderGame like :). ( Cick&Do) -How it should work: 1)We make objects in Maya/3dsmax/Blender... 
Posted May 3, 2006 12:59:26 AM
Car physics with ODE Hello ^_^ I was trying to build a car with ODE and that is success I think :) The graphics of this is just for testing. I thing making a game of this, a lil free game :) Here's a link do download for windows: http://a2.11mbit.in/5sgL0obt4i1g... 
Posted April 6, 2006 10:19:58 PM
CarreraGT Hello everyone, This it is a try to import 3d models in my application. The Porsche CarreraGT I made it in Maya and texture with photoshop ( beginner ). Here's an *.exe to try: http://d55.yousendit.com/D/26JQBLAMW5UPE15DPB6XE7EWE0/ModelLoader... 
Posted March 10, 2006 4:45:04 PM
OpenDynamicsEngine: box rotation Hello, I am new with OpenDynamicsEngine (www.ode.org), I have a problem of rotation: (. The cube deplace perfectly, but, it do not make its rotation. Here's the code: // initialising static dWorldID world; static dSpaceID space; st... 
Posted February 7, 2006 1:36:56 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Sophora Toromiro I tried it, very nice and worked great. Tested on Win 7 w64 
Posted February 21, 2010 10:54:02 AM
OpenGL 3.2 questions Those 4 points are great, I kinda understand better. As I can see, things will force to use shaders alot, which is very good for those who start learning the good way. And yes, it comes to the quesiton, is it worth upgrading now, maybe NOT yet. Un... 
Posted February 20, 2010 7:21:45 PM
Novelty - Visual novel maker Looks very decent and attractive. Great work! 
Posted October 5, 2009 9:58:00 AM
Editor Very nice ! And sources are always welcome for people using QT or OpenGL. Thank you 
Posted August 24, 2009 4:55:15 PM
Vierme 2 I'll try it on linux with wine. Nice shots ;) 
Posted April 4, 2008 6:27:12 PM
Atanua - real time logic simulator Amazing ! 
Posted March 29, 2008 12:09:47 PM
HDRI Clock Amazing ! Great Work ! 
Posted November 27, 2007 12:24:33 PM
LDE - Map Editor Thank you :) Neutrinohunter, all loaders was made from scratch, so I don't have links, sorry. But to know how any file works, here can be found precious informations: http://www.fileformat.info/ Edit: Free software ofcourse ;-) [Edited by... 
Posted November 7, 2007 12:03:59 PM
Mundo 0.7 Released! I have the same thing here, I would like to try it really ^^. (I'm on ubuntu too.) I started a server too on port 8090, and changed the res:=con.connect to "localhost", but I couldn't pass the "Logging..." 
Posted August 20, 2007 4:37:23 PM
Loading terrain's height_data from a file. Thank you, actually I need the file to be on my hard-drive, but, these .pdf files are very useful. Actually, I can create the entire terrain from nothing, all height = 0, and save it, because I'll edit it later with my editor. Do I need to c... 
Posted August 3, 2007 1:36:06 PM
View All Replies Made By This User