Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Orymus...  
Full Name Orymus 
Nickname Orymus 
State/Province, Country Quebec   Canada
GD Gathering City Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Q/A 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 997  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/13/2007 6:08:26 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[Offering Services to Serious Entrepreneurs] Hello everyone, I am a project coordinator with time on my hands. I provide a wide array of services, but mostly: Coordination If you have an idea, and a budget, I am willing to coordinate your team. "coordination" is a broad term, bu... 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:21:48 AM
[PAID] - Serious Project Looking for Freelance Pixel Artists Team name: Unicore Project name: Tentatively named 'Angel's Earth' Timeline: We're considering a realistic Alpha by Q4 2011. Brief description: Project is to be a 2d retro Jrpg using art similar to Castlevania Symphony of the Night. ... 
Posted November 10, 2010 10:00:34 AM
NHL AI + Rpg Stats System Applications Hey all, I've been delving into the advanced rpg-stats system of nhl games along with how they interact with one another during the game (Ai of the characters). My obvious intent was to come up with something else than a sport and see if it... 
Posted November 23, 2010 9:46:17 AM
Breaking into Game Design Hello all, I've been trying to break into the industry for a couple of years now. My background is that of a university degree in history, I've managed to make into as a contractor QA for a big gaming software company for over 6 months, and I have... 
Posted January 1, 2010 4:03:23 PM
[PAID] Professional Project - Seeking Artists Team name: Unicore Project name: Tentatively named 'Angel's Earth' Timeline: We're considering a realistic Alpha by Q4 2011. Brief description: The project tries to be a 2d console-ish jrpg with a couple twists (such as the art we're... 
Posted July 1, 2010 9:18:32 AM
Some people don't get as much experience as they should... Ok, the title does make sense, but you'll have to follow me :) I want to bring to attention a point that is relevant to this forum. There is not really a question that is being asked here as much as facts piling up, and how I think newcomers could... 
Posted May 28, 2010 8:00:10 AM
[Royalties] Professional Project - Seeking GUI Artist & Scenarist Team name: Since we are assembling only for this project, there is no need for a 'name' Project name: Tentatively named 'Angel's Earth' Timeline: We're considering a realistic Alpha by mid to late summer 2010. Brief description: ... 
Posted March 14, 2010 9:54:12 PM
Selling Indie... XNA/PC - What is your experience? Hi, So I've been checking on the net to see what kind of sales one could expect from an indie product put onto the XBOX LIVE XNA club and from onsite PC refs. My result is that, the median, was something along those lines: ... 
Posted May 15, 2010 11:04:33 AM
How do you feel about royalties? As a developper, how do you feel when a project offers you royalties as compensation? I usually personally get the feeling the project isn't serious as soon as someone writes "We will share any profit we have..." etc, but I know there are legitima... 
Posted May 13, 2010 5:32:58 PM
Curiosity on Artists Hello there, I'm just a bit curious... I've been hiring for a specific project of mine, and I found it quite easy to get programmers, musical composers, writers, designers of great talent (not just noobs) to get interested in the project... but f... 
Posted May 8, 2010 12:26:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[Offering Services to Serious Entrepreneurs] I'd like to clarify the fact I do not expect to be paid upfront, but on a regular basis. Also, I have my own projects underway already, but I understand there are a lot of "visionaries" out there without the appropriate management skills to r... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:03:20 AM
How to prepare for a QA internship I don't know if this will be any help to you, but I can safely say I secured my first job in the gaming industry by impressing the interviewer with my understanding in two main areas: 1 - Milestones/Workflow 2 - Testing strategies I'll tak... 
Posted December 21, 2010 4:55:17 PM
A Quick Thought on Research, or, Why Tech Trees Make No Sense Most 4x games I've played have some randomness in research, I suggest you play these games first. 
Posted December 15, 2010 8:47:43 AM
[PAID] - Serious Project Looking for Freelance Pixel Artists Sent you a PM, please reply to my email though. 
Posted December 9, 2010 11:01:20 AM
Indie Studio looking for Writer, Concept Artist & Art Director Just a small heads up here. As with most indie studio, you have no previous projects to show for. That's allright, but I'd recommend it that your ad here asks for someone to contribute with you on a project rather than call it forming a studio... 
Posted December 6, 2010 8:30:04 AM
[PAID] - Serious Project Looking for Freelance Pixel Artists I don't really believe in the seriousness behind an NDA, because, well, especially on an indie team, it has no jurisdiction. So far, I've left serious team members act professional, and it has worked just fine. As for screenshots, the very pu... 
Posted November 25, 2010 5:13:04 PM
[PAID] - Serious Project Looking for Freelance Pixel Artists I've received a lot of applications but am still on the lookout... 
Posted November 24, 2010 10:22:39 AM
NHL AI + Rpg Stats System Applications I'm familiar with that series. Unfortunately, I feel this kind of game lacks "real-time elements". It was my initial approach than to build it as a sim/strategy game much akin to this, but I've chosen to go for something where there is actual real-t... 
Posted November 24, 2010 10:21:29 AM
NHL AI + Rpg Stats System Applications While my initial approach was much akin to yours (I used champion and apprentices, and upon the death of a champion, its best apprentice would be chosen, obviously trained by the champion, and thus depicting the same strengths and weaknesses) I like... 
Posted November 23, 2010 11:31:24 AM
How to make a Web-based RPG FUN? While I share part of your concern, you have to know there is a bigger force at will here... the games you seem to like are hardcore gamer related (to a certain degree, even WoW is meant for its own hardcore gamers). Web-games you are referring... 
Posted November 17, 2010 12:30:34 PM
View All Replies Made By This User