Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know iduchesne...  
Full Name Ian Duchesne
Nickname iduchesne 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.sylien.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Co-Founder 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1027  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/23/2004 1:12:01 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The Paradise Project - Online The Paradise Project (Demo Milestone 1 Snapshot), by Sylien Entertainment The Paradise Project is a massively multiplayer online game that was created to offer players the opportunity to live out a second life within a virtual world. It allow... 
Posted April 17, 2006 9:47:49 PM
Web Game Dev WGD (Web Game Dev) is a new site dedicated to bringing people and information together for those who are web game developers or are at least interested in developing games on the internet. Our site brings you the latest web game news, blogs, and... 
Posted June 20, 2007 8:52:31 AM
MMOG Middleware Hi, I have a question about MMOG Middleware/MMOG client/server software. We are currently evaluating BigWorld (http://www.bigworldtech.com) as a MMOG middleware application for our future game. Are there any other packages/companies out there compara... 
Posted November 16, 2005 8:29:53 PM
Sylien Entertainment / The Paradise Project (programmers needed) We are looking for intelligent, dedicated, passionate people with great attitudes to join our development team and take part in developing our latest cutting-edge MMOG (Simulation/RPG/RTS/Adventure). Brief Description of TPP (The Paradise Project... 
Posted July 11, 2005 2:40:15 PM
The Paradise Project 3D MMOG A new world is shaping itself and new challenges can be sought out in our new Massive Multiuser On-line Game called : The Paradise Project™. TPP is set in the near future when man sets forth and reaches towards the stars. YOU are one of... 
Posted April 10, 2005 9:04:49 PM
Protecting game assets Not sure if I'm in the right forum, please move if needed. I am wondering how to protect game assets from being pirated. I mean, if I have a game client with images, scripts and models.... is it possible to package the files into one or many... 
Posted April 27, 2005 11:01:36 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
MMOG Middleware Can anyone help? Perhaps move this thread the a relevant forum? Thanks, 
Posted November 17, 2005 7:25:10 AM
Sylien Entertainment / The Paradise Project (programmers needed) Those are old shots taken many months ago when we started the project just to show people what the initial engine look would look like. We have more recent and updated shots in the forums, those that you see in the corp site need to be updated and wi... 
Posted July 13, 2005 11:09:01 AM
Sylien Entertainment / The Paradise Project (programmers needed) Sorry I forgot to mention the compensation part.... We currently do not have funding available but good programmers will be retained for remuneration after we release the game in mid-2006, package includes, money, shares and full credits of course... 
Posted July 12, 2005 7:34:46 PM
Sylien Entertainment / The Paradise Project (programmers needed) Sylien Entertainment is incorporated and share holders (investors) we have a few lined up.  
Posted July 11, 2005 7:18:31 PM
The Paradise Project 3D MMOG Yes it has been resolved, it wasn't intentional, didn't realise that guests had no access to attachments. :)  
Posted May 18, 2005 7:09:57 AM
The Paradise Project 3D MMOG Quote:Original post by The Rug Looks pretty good so far. I will suggest, though, that you make your screenshots more accessible. You want to generate as much interest as possible, and some (most?) people will consider signing up not worth their t... 
Posted May 17, 2005 2:04:10 PM
The Paradise Project 3D MMOG haha, its not for spam ;) We just want to make sure if announcements go out that you are in the loop.  
Posted May 17, 2005 1:23:40 PM
The Paradise Project 3D MMOG I wanted to announce our new screenshots available to show where our prototype is at. I posted the screenshots in our forums. http://www.tpp-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=164.0 Enjoy! [Edited by - iduchesne on May 18, 2005 6:16:47 AM] 
Posted May 17, 2005 11:16:20 AM
Protecting game assets Quote:Original post by the Speed Bump This is somewhat tangental, but anything you release is always automatically protected by copyright, whether you slap a EULA on it or not. Of course I mean that too ;)  
Posted April 28, 2005 10:04:26 AM
looking for a message board script I'm sure phpBB will be good enough, it has plenty of mods and addons you can install. I haven't researched all the items you need, but I'm sure most of them are made as mods already. One board I like now as an alternative is Simple Machines http:/... 
Posted April 28, 2005 7:13:01 AM
View All Replies Made By This User