Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Naurava kulkuri...  
Full Name Veikko Eeva
Nickname Naurava kulkuri 
State/Province, Country    Finland
GD Gathering City Tampere, , Finland
Contact Info
Homepage URL - 
ICQ ID
AIM ID
Yahoo IM ID
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1163  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/6/2006 2:22:44 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The worlds largest Tetris Now, officially the worlds largest Tetris, MikontaloLights. And video. It's played with a Soviet style gargantuan apartment building and a cellular phone, naturally. I lived practically next door some time ago. :-P [EDIT]A photo provided b... 
Posted December 5, 2007 7:51:10 AM
Machine Architecture: Things Your Programming Language Never Told You... ... by Herb Sutter in his blog post. Also over two MiB of pdf slides and 117 minutes of Google video included. Abstract: Programmers are routinely surprised at what simple code actually does and how expensive it can be, because so many of us are u... 
Posted September 26, 2007 12:22:38 PM
Glinkster? N4G? Games related social networking I just recently came across a piece of interesting news, namely Hello, Glinkster! by David Weller, the Community Manager at Microsoft's Game Technology Group. I didn't know there are sites likes Glinkster or N4G and thought that perhaps there ar... 
Posted September 24, 2007 1:56:28 PM
Discussion forum thread notifications Greetings all! I became to wonder if it is possible to get a notification when someone posts something to some thread? I see that at least when I start a thread (there reads "Check here to be notified by email whenever someone replies to your topi... 
Posted July 17, 2007 4:49:55 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
how much do you know about China? Regarding the original question, some things, but I would like to know more. :-) Did you visit Kirnu? What do you know about Japanese, Slavic, Vietnamise or Viking mythodology? Do you see any specific connections? Do you go to movies often? :-) (I'm... 
Posted December 29, 2010 2:42:40 PM
how much do you know about China? Quote:Original post by Prinz Eugn It would be an undeniable disaster for China if the North collapsed. It would be the mother of all refugee crisis on the Yalu, costing them billions and putting other development on hold (economic developm... 
Posted December 29, 2010 2:09:52 PM
WPF - Transitioning from screen to screen (like in a game menu) Quote:Original post by ChaosEngine Sure there are loads of ways to do this in wpf. [...] Yep, Transitionals can give hints even though it's quite old by now. In addition to the example you provided, also Visual State Manager and pixel shaders woul... 
Posted March 16, 2010 2:41:38 AM
Starting out in iPhone development You could consider also the MeeGo platform. It's being developed jointly by Intel and Nokia after they combined their Moblin and Maemo platforms (both were/are Linux based, now development intended mainly with Qt). Regarding selling your game, my cur... 
Posted March 12, 2010 3:17:00 PM
WPF - Transitioning from screen to screen (like in a game menu) I'm not sure either, but a couple of more links. Transitionals: Quote:About Transitionals Transitionals is a framework for building and using WPF transitions which provide an easy way to switch between UI views in a rich and animated way. Think of... 
Posted March 12, 2010 2:45:18 PM
sound player programming. If I understood correctly, you want to create a music player. In that case there's a rather throughout example written by Sacha Barber: Sonic : A WPF (hybrid smart client) searchable media library. 
Posted March 12, 2010 2:23:44 PM
memcpy Quote:Original post by Zahlman Quote:Original post by Jan Wassenberg (Incidentally, a friend is working on an FPGA for doing 512x512 FFTs in a *single clock* (for demultiplexing 100 Gb/s channels). Without such 'soldering', you just won't reac... 
Posted February 2, 2010 7:46:04 AM
Patents? Quote:Original post by samoth Quote:Original post by Antheus Software patents are alive and well in EU. They just require some creative wording. But there aren't any relevant software companies in EU, so nobody bothers.I'm amazed you wouldn't see c... 
Posted January 15, 2010 12:42:59 PM
Which language has the most consistent phonology? Quote:Original post by Programmer One Hungarian. </thread>Finnish (in practice spoken like written and vice versa)? Or as it seems, Finno-Ugric languages in general. Perhaps Italian too. The artificial ones, like Esperanto or Volap... 
Posted January 15, 2010 12:11:02 PM
Google to no longer filter search results in China I didn't see a mention of operation Aurora. Here's a short blurp. Quote:Operation “Aurora” Hit Google, Others by McAfcee Similar to the ATM heist of 2009, Operation Aurora looks to be a coordinated attack on many high profile companies targe... 
Posted January 15, 2010 5:08:46 AM
View All Replies Made By This User