Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DigiBen...  
Full Name  
Nickname DigiBen 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.GameTutorials.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1028  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/24/2004 3:45:58 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
3DS Max Exporter Tutorial Series for Skeletal Animation Released 3DS Max Exporter Tutorial Series for Skeletal Animation ReleasedPosted by: Ben Humphrey at September 10, 2006 3:38:19 AM 
Posted September 10, 2006 3:38:19 AM
CodeVert program released for showing HTML Source Code Hey you guys, a cool new program was released for download at GameTutorials.com that allows you to convert source code into interactive HTML so you can view it on the internet easier. It has the correct coloring you would expect in Visual Studi... 
Posted September 10, 2006 3:30:18 AM
GameTutorials Squared Released GameTutorials just released its second version of its popular product entitled GameTutorials Squared that teaches programming in C/C++, C#, Java, Win32, OpenGL and Direct3D. The product includes a 180-Day trial of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Profes... 
Posted September 4, 2006 5:25:50 AM
GameTutorials Squared Released GameTutorials Squared ReleasedPosted by: Ben Humphrey at September 4, 2006 5:04:58 AM 
Posted September 4, 2006 5:04:58 AM
Four-Part Shadow Tutorials in OpenGL/GLSL Four-Part Shadow Tutorials in OpenGL/GLSLPosted by: Ben Humphrey at December 9, 2005 6:18:39 PMGameTutorials released a four-part tutorial series on shadows in OpenGL. The tutorials take you from planar shadows to shadow mapping using fixed fun... 
Posted December 9, 2005 6:18:39 PM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping This is from a recent tutorial on www.GameTutorials.com, which teaches how to do realistic water with refraction/reflection using bump maps. The tutorial covers many terms like refraction, dudv maps, normal maps, Fresnel term, tangent space and... 
Posted November 24, 2005 10:57:39 PM
Yann's Lerp Shadow Mapping Technique I was reading the other day about shadows on gamedev and came around the posts that Yann made for getting good results for shadow mapping. He gave some basic psuedo code for doing a type of PCF shadow mapping, but instead of just taking surroun... 
Posted November 26, 2005 3:27:09 AM
Realistic Bump Mapped Water Tutorial With Refraction Realistic Bump Mapped Water Tutorial With RefractionPosted by: Ben Humphrey at November 23, 2005 8:52:39 PMA detailed tutorial with realistic water using bump mapping and refraction with terrain has been posted at www.GameTutorials.com. The tutorial... 
Posted November 23, 2005 8:52:39 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping Just so everyone else here knows when they come and read this and want to comment on the specular highlighting. The intent was not to make the realistic light from the position of the height map, it was JUST to show the bump mapping with the li... 
Posted December 2, 2005 2:41:46 PM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping Yah, I was just thinking about car games that have a reflection of the world as the car is driving through the whole world and was wondering what they do for their cube or sphere map. I find it hard to believe that they would render the world in 6 d... 
Posted December 1, 2005 11:10:33 PM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping In regards to cubemap reflections.... to create the cubemap do you have to render the world from 6 directions every frame? Like, in a racing game, when te reflections are bouncing off of the car as it drives by, is that what they do? or just do pa... 
Posted December 1, 2005 2:43:34 PM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping Yah, I could not just render the terrain upside down like was suggested, and not do backface culling, which might help as well. I am curious about the cubemap thing that was mentioned, how do you mean? What kind of effect would that give? Not su... 
Posted December 1, 2005 2:49:04 AM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping Hey thanks. Expect an advanced shadows tutorial series in the next week. After that, more advanced techniques using GLSL and HLSL. 
Posted November 28, 2005 2:22:25 PM
Yann's Lerp Shadow Mapping Technique Nope, it's 512x512. Here is a good version with some decent PCF, not Yann's technique but just about 13 samples.  
Posted November 26, 2005 6:08:50 AM
Yann's Lerp Shadow Mapping Technique Hey cool, that KINDA worked :) Now it looks like this: It looks like there is shaded spheres in the outside pixels. Weird. If you look at the other guy's pictures in the post I mention at the top, the Coliseum image has banding, but t... 
Posted November 26, 2005 4:48:10 AM
When is someone ready to move on from C++? That's a good question. Me and many other people don't give the computer science degrees much recognition because many people can't actually come out of college being able to really program anything efficiently because they just spent most of their... 
Posted November 26, 2005 4:10:44 AM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping Hey thanks for the comments. playmesumch00ns: If I don't do specular lighting, then how would the bump map be seen so clearly? Just normal diffuse lighting? Yah, you are right, the sky box already has the sun burned into the background. S... 
Posted November 25, 2005 4:59:26 PM
Realistic Water Using Bump Mapping Thanks, I am pretty proud of it :) I currently just finished Shadow Mapping via Hardware, Shadow Mapping in GLSL, and just 10 minutes ago, PCF (Percentage-Close Filtering) Shadow Mapping in GLSL). Just need to comment them. More pretty stuff o... 
Posted November 25, 2005 6:21:01 AM
View All Replies Made By This User