Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Morpheus011...  
Full Name  
Nickname Morpheus011 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Raleigh, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1142  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/17/2005 5:40:28 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SetDlgItemText memory leak? We are working on an MFC based tool (I know, I know, MFC is outdated and ugly) and we were looking at Windows Task Manager and have been noticing a consistent memory leak with the tool. We have commented out all of our rendering and logic... 
Posted December 28, 2006 11:35:30 AM
Question about polling input in XNA Studio So I've been going through XNA making a game so I could learn both the new framework and C#. So far it's going well and I've gotten to the point that I'm working on input. Now, I've been snooping around the MSDN, tutorials, examples, etc.... 
Posted October 27, 2006 2:02:50 AM
VC++ 2005 performance issue I decided to finally start coding in Visual Studio 2005 (using Professional edition) and have been having a _very_ annoying issue. Consistently throughout the coding process the IDE will just lock up for a few seconds at a time. At first I thought... 
Posted September 29, 2006 2:04:22 AM
resume appropriateness Well, I recently graduated school and have been working on revamping my resume as I restart my job hunt. However, I'm unsure about something I'm putting on there and would like to get some opinions on the subject (if Mr. Sloper happen... 
Posted September 23, 2006 5:47:48 PM
Eberly's new book I was wondering if anyone had the chance to read Eberly's new book, "3D Game Engine Design, Second Edition: A Practical Approach to Real-Time Computer Graphics" I had been thinking about getting his 3D Game Engine Architecture book, but wanted... 
Posted September 22, 2006 3:29:30 AM
Adding lights to a scenegraph I currently have a scene graph and have been trying to decide how to add lights to it. The structure of my scene graph is as follows. *** NOTE: The following is an overall description of my scene graph implementation and is a little lengthy. Any... 
Posted July 14, 2006 10:44:25 PM
Wingman - Networked Aerial Combat This is a game being developed by a five man team called Wreckin Shop for a Full Sail final project. The game is called Wingman and is a networked multiplayer aerial combat game. We just presented our alpha build on wednesday and have about a... 
Posted March 5, 2006 9:28:03 PM
gluUnProject is giving me unreliable results I'm working on a level builder currently. I have a 3D scene, and am using textured quads to represent objects in the scene. The game I am making this for is going to be a top down game set in space, so I have made the level builder from this p... 
Posted June 3, 2006 12:33:55 AM
VS2005 conversion problems I recently upgraded to visual studio 2005 and ported my current project over from 2003. When I build, i'm getting an error in my glprocs.h because two functions don't explicitly declare a return type and apparently the new compiler complains about d... 
Posted May 16, 2006 7:41:29 PM
O(1) searching through an n-ary tree I'm currently working on a rendering system for my new game. The rendering engine relies on my base object which is a node class that only has the members CNode *m_pParent and vector<CNode *> m_pChildren. Because this is going... 
Posted April 21, 2006 6:43:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
3rd-person air shooter they did say it 'features fully HDR lighting' maybe they just meant _really_ fully. 
Posted January 31, 2007 9:05:37 AM
Programming a Game Engine any game engine worth it's weight should be completely independent of APIs like DirectX. 
Posted January 31, 2007 9:03:01 AM
Game Engine Logo: What do you think? elegant, crisp, to the point. I dig it. 
Posted January 29, 2007 11:24:27 PM
what is the secret of rendering a large number of identical objects the answer you seek is 'instancing' 
Posted January 28, 2007 2:15:50 AM
The flood of MMO threads I propose we ban any mention of MMOs all together and branch gamedev into mmodev and gamedev. That way we don't have to deal with any of this at all. 
Posted January 27, 2007 12:26:29 PM
windows 2000 wont let me install the latest 2006 directx sdk you get a non-obsolete operating system. EDIT: wait, you're using vb.net and the artificial engine? Did you actually license the artificial tech? I'd be amazed if they actually support vb.net... 
Posted January 24, 2007 11:22:17 PM
OpenGL Function!!!! although if you're getting lost by reading a book, overwhelming yourself with every function in the API (not sure what you hope to gain from this) is probably not the best answer. You should focus on learning the concepts behind OpenGL and 3D g... 
Posted January 24, 2007 11:21:10 PM
Noobish Question answer 1: Milkshape clearly uses a different orientation axis then GarageGames. Just transform the objects (or ideally if you have access to the exporter, do it there so you're not doing extra matrix multiplies every frame). answer 2: you pro... 
Posted January 24, 2007 10:48:06 AM
C++ Graded Test Help I'm not gonna go through and do each one for you but just glancing at the first 3 I can tell you the answers you put are all incorrect. The first one is an order of operations issue, and the second one is just knowing the proper funct... 
Posted January 15, 2007 3:10:16 PM
directx video tutorials i don't know about videos, but there are copious amounts of free DirectX tutorials all across the web. check out microsoft's website, there is more then enough there to get you started. 
Posted January 12, 2007 4:14:37 PM
View All Replies Made By This User