Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know EvilWeebl...  
Full Name  
Nickname EvilWeebl 
State/Province, Country Hampshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1004  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/17/2009 12:41:28 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
c#/XNA Camera not updating correctly Hi all, I'm trying to create a level editor by integrating XNA with winforms. I got to the point where I had the camera rotating on the mouse and moving by keydown. The only problem was the whole windows key delay thing on the keyboard... 
Posted January 6, 2011 12:25:53 PM
xna and shadows/shadow volumes Hi all, I've recently been messing around with shaders in xna and am now moving onto using them for shadows. I have successfully implemented shadow mapping thanks to reimers site but am not happy with the quality this technique produces. I have... 
Posted August 12, 2010 6:12:03 PM
Multiple UPD & TCP clients server for multiplayer game Hi all, so im trying to make a multiplayer game in java and I have never really used java before. I need to make a game that transmits UDP data from each player to the server specifying positions etc relative to the game and TCP data for chatting. I... 
Posted May 15, 2010 9:45:39 AM
.X file exporting/importing and hierarchy problems Hi all, first i'll tell you what I'm up to. I'm trying to export a biped with animation but no meshes attached to it. Currently I'm using Panda to export. What I'm trying to achieve is to load the frame hierarchy and animation and then manually attac... 
Posted April 15, 2010 3:34:43 PM
.x file loading/parsing for random character generator Hi all, so what im trying to achieve is to make a skeleton in max without any mesh attached and then import that into directx. At that point I would like to attach combinations of mesh limbs such as attaching an arm mesh to the arm bone and a torso... 
Posted January 26, 2010 10:47:05 AM
Rendering using effects and mesh Hi all, I'm learning all about shaders and fx files etc. I have been rendering the standard way with a .x mesh that contained a material on it like so: gD3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET | D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, ... 
Posted February 1, 2010 4:08:12 PM
Abstract and concrete classes. Rock, Paper, Scissors Hi all im trying to make a simple rock paper scissors game to get a grasp of abstract and concrete classes. I asked a lecturer of mine to set me this task and I think iv almost got it but am having a little trouble understanding one thing thats... 
Posted November 9, 2009 11:35:31 AM
SDL_DisplayFormatAlpha - 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00401f95 Hi all, For some reason during runtime I keep getting this error! Im creating a sprite class and when loading the image it fails to store it in my surface. Heres the sprite class code: #ifndef _SPRITE_H_ #define _SPRITE_H_ #include <S... 
Posted November 15, 2009 8:38:17 AM
Random Person Generator Hi all, I want to make a random person generator, to be more specific a random robot generator. Think how Borderlands made their guns. Now im not entirely sure how to go about doing this and any help I try to google about random character generator... 
Posted November 13, 2009 6:08:33 AM
Newbie question about multiple inheritance/delegation/interfaces Hi people just learning java and was wondering if I could get some help on this because I just cant wrap my head around this 'no multiple inheritance' stuff. So I get that a class can only inherit one class but can implement multiple i... 
Posted November 2, 2009 7:37:21 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
xna and shadows/shadow volumes Thanks alot Cygon thats a great help! Sorry for the late reply i've been miles away. So I think between what you've shown me and the directx shadow volume tutorial I can nail this but i've still been racking my brain as to how I could do collision... 
Posted September 7, 2010 3:47:07 AM
xna and shadows/shadow volumes Can nobody provide insight into this? Perhaps some source code/demo of shadow volumes being used in xna? If I can at least get this down then any collision stuff can be an after thought for now. 
Posted August 19, 2010 5:29:27 PM
Multiple UPD & TCP clients server for multiplayer game That's correct I am trying to use both TCP and UDP. It is to be a bomber game with a chat feature at the bottom. TCP for the chat and UDP for the game data. this is currently the code I have for my server and client: SERVER: import java.awt.... 
Posted May 18, 2010 1:37:39 PM
Multiple UPD & TCP clients server for multiplayer game Thanks for all your help so far! I think i'm getting the idea of it. So im looking into the whole non blocking TCP thing and have found what I think is a good example. // Create the server socket channel ServerSocketChannel server = ServerSocke... 
Posted May 16, 2010 4:08:16 PM
Multiple UPD & TCP clients server for multiplayer game Thanks for the reply but i'm still finding it hard to get my head around this design structure as to where threads should be created and what needs to be listening out for what etc. Quote: Generally, you don't want a thread per client Why is thi... 
Posted May 15, 2010 11:49:17 AM
.x file loading/parsing for random character generator Duuuhhhhhhh, im such a prat sometimes. Sorry i've been away for a while and have only just got the chance to rectify it and it works!! Haha brilliant. Im going to spend a while sorting out the structure of everything and when I have things the w... 
Posted February 25, 2010 3:52:39 PM
.x file loading/parsing for random character generator Yeah thats exactly the one im looking at. Now effectively going back to the start i have a model built in the same way, one mesh for a bone and simply want to replace the mesh on one arm for the mesh of another. Im doing this so f... 
Posted February 18, 2010 4:31:59 PM
.x file loading/parsing for random character generator right im with you now, the reason iv been so confused I just realised is that i've been using the example of my lecturers animation code(the one you provided a link to earlier) and have been using the model skeleton he provides...it doesnt blood... 
Posted February 18, 2010 3:03:41 PM
.x file loading/parsing for random character generator Quote: You could modify a second mesh (identical to the first), and copy the modified vertices from the second mesh to the first for the vertices that are influenced by the bones you're interested in. If you want a different material for those verti... 
Posted February 18, 2010 2:17:56 PM
.x file loading/parsing for random character generator Oh just thought of another really good example! Borderlands has millions of combinations of weapons but all are made up of a selection of different pieces... how are they able to create something unique from many parts? 
Posted February 9, 2010 2:57:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User