Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Narcis...  
Full Name Aaron A.
Nickname Narcis 
State/Province, Country IL   United States
GD Gathering City Du Quoin, IL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1058  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/26/2005 3:17:53 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
16-bit to 8-bit PNG Heightmap I've never really been big on image manipulation, or really anything to do with graphics, so I was wondering how I would go about turning a 16-bit greyscale heightmap (PNG) into 8-bit, and what would be the effects of doing so? 
Posted December 30, 2006 6:27:09 AM
Drag Mouse (SDL) I've searched GameDev and Google for a while now but havn't got anything to work on getting the mouse to keep saying "mouse button is still down". The method I'm trying doesn't work... for some reason (only pasting relevant code). bool but... 
Posted October 28, 2006 12:55:20 PM
SDL_Mixer - Mix_Music Declaration I've been playing with SDL related libraries for a while, and now that I'm playing with SDL_Mixer, I have a problem that I can't find a solution for. The program crashes when I try to declare Mix_Music, I've tested this several times and boiled it do... 
Posted September 6, 2006 7:00:56 AM
Compiling DLL Error I'm having a relitivly easy to debug, but prooving difficult to find, error when compiling a dll. Linking console executable: C:\CLibraries\Projects\DLLs\CommenLib Test\console.exe .objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x158): undefined reference to `file... 
Posted July 5, 2006 6:24:35 AM
DirectX 8 Error I compiled an example DirectX application after setting up the DirecX 8 files with my compiler and I get... C:/directx8/dxfile.h:240: error: stray '\26' in program Incase this is relavent, heres the program source... [source lang=cpp] // dire... 
Posted May 30, 2006 10:12:44 AM
printf - Game Crashing I've been scanning this for a while, and I can't figure out why the game keeps crashing. I'm using HGE and I've narrowed it down to this line... hge_font->printf(200, 215, "You are a %s, %s %s. You have a %s \n%s\n\n%s", TranslateGender(gen... 
Posted May 1, 2006 7:02:25 PM
Pixel Artist(s) Quest Card - Freeware 2D Zelda-Like game project. Project name: Quest Card Brief description: I'm currently developing Quest Card as a 2D game influenced by Zelda. Simple game development has been started but graphic resources are needed. ... 
Posted April 30, 2006 8:06:23 PM
Avalanche - HGE Test Project I created this tiny little game to get the feel of Haaf's Game Engine (pretty good by the way), you may see Link in the image, but since this was a test project, hes not animated, hes not transparent, you don't get a sword, and collision detection is... 
Posted April 13, 2006 4:55:22 PM
HGE Syntax, Texture, and Sprite Recently I downloaded HGE 2D Engine, compiled it, made a small program to play some background music, but I can't figure out how to correctly display images using HGE without crashing the app or getting errors. I have a feeling that I should be us... 
Posted April 12, 2006 9:52:32 PM
[unsolved] MSVC DLL Error I attempted searching google, and GDNet, but I didn't find anything on it. I know the problem, I have a missing DLL, but I didn't do anything to change it. So, when I compile and run an application, I receive this message... Project.exe - Una... 
Posted February 13, 2006 10:22:33 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Fio: a Fallout-alike Isometric Engine Very cool, even though its unrelated, graphics also bring back memories of Stronghold [Crusader]. Nice job ;). 
Posted January 25, 2007 11:02:46 PM
[PHP] Creating a game I'm not sure I agree with that, pretty much any language that outputs something can mix with game programming, although its restricted to specific types of games. Generally PHP person-vs-person type games are turn based or a race of who can reload th... 
Posted January 25, 2007 4:45:15 PM
[PHP] Creating a game Or better yet read the manual! The manual includes function reference, function examples, and user comments. The examples in the manual alone should get you familiar enough with PHP. The manual provides a long and content filled learning experienc... 
Posted January 24, 2007 9:53:07 PM
[PHP] Creating a game If you don't know PHP syntax you can start by learning it - other than that its pretty straight forward, PHP Games are just PHP Scripts/Applications... like anything else, no magic tricks, nothing different than a regular script. If you knew PHP (and... 
Posted January 16, 2007 6:34:48 AM
Screenshots from my "NGine" hehe very nice, I especially like the main one - brings back memories doesn't it. Very nice work ;) 
Posted January 9, 2007 10:09:27 AM
Gun licenses As far as I know it is ok to use it in freeware software, you'd have to find a lawyer to answer all of the questions and scenarios played out in this thread though. 
Posted January 8, 2007 2:27:15 PM
MMORPG Team -------- Quote:C(+(+)) C and a half? Anyway, seeing as your new, you really should read some of the articles here on gamedev about MMORPG creation, and take into concideration the massive amount of designers who want to make an mmorpg from scratch wi... 
Posted January 8, 2007 11:49:14 AM
Types of Game Designers? I think what I'm trying to say is that its not brain surgery, and I'm not paticularly impressed with general level designers, if they can recreate scenes, playable in a game (to a certin extent), then I'm impressed (one that really impressed me was t... 
Posted January 8, 2007 8:45:32 AM
Types of Game Designers? I'll admit that I was wrong - especially after reading the article on http://www.sloperama.com, but I wont admit that I was completely wrong. I don't really see whats so special about level designers, I can still make just as great a level as... 
Posted January 8, 2007 2:48:25 AM
a quick question about a C program i have hmm, alright, makes enough sense :) 
Posted January 7, 2007 10:29:15 PM
View All Replies Made By This User