Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Kerkhoff...  
Full Name Matheus Von Der Kerkhoff
Nickname Kerkhoff 
State/Province, Country Rio Grande do Sul   Brazil
GD Gathering City Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1080  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/23/2005 8:01:53 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Again.... here is the last version... This is my 2d engine =D http://members.gamedev.net/kerkhoff/JournalFiles/Predator-Demo.rar tell me what you thought...give me ideas... I'm a very bad with layouts eauhuah this layout is very...very ugly I know... 
Posted February 8, 2006 1:17:29 PM
New game team...=D okay...following the template now =D Team name: Undefined, but, "Black Mamba Entertainment" would be good, and easy to make a logo Project name: Do vice games =D Brief description: I think that the games can be a lot complex or more simp... 
Posted February 8, 2006 4:50:42 PM
Predator Engine demo =D Hi my friends... here is the Predator Engine with some basic controls... download this file: http://members.gamedev.net/JournalFiles/Predator-Demo.exe Next controls will be the check box, the check button, radio buttons, numeric updown, a... 
Posted February 3, 2006 3:43:10 PM
Fullscreen and glOrtho Hi... I'm having problems with glOrtho in fullscreen mode... here is my create window function void PDevice::BuildWindow(const LPCTSTR AWindowName, SRect* ADimension, PWindow* ANewWindow, bool AFullScreen) { DWORD WStyle; DWORD WExSty... 
Posted February 2, 2006 4:10:51 PM
Drawing techniques Somebody has a good drawing technique? I run my program that is redraw everytime and my mem usage explode = ( if I draw the object only when it receives event...the mem usage increase with the amount of events that I fired. = ( like...e... 
Posted January 29, 2006 6:51:58 PM
Function pointer problem... Hi...check out my problem.. I have a X class that have this attribute: void (*FOnMouseClick)(PInputEventReceiver* ASender); and this method to set this attribute: void OnMouseClick(void (*AOnMouseClick)(PInputEventReceiver* ASen... 
Posted January 28, 2006 10:06:06 PM
Texture problem.. Hi, I'm having trouble with textures in opengl... I'm loading some texture files (.bmp) but the last file is used to all objects in the scene = (( here's my loadtexture code void POpenGLDriver::LoadTexture(std::string AFileName, unsigned i... 
Posted January 20, 2006 4:16:22 PM
Outline font bug?? Hi, I have downloaded the lesson 14, with outline fonts, I changed the output text to some work with accents and like I thought, the GLYPHMETRICSFLOAT gets nuts... (test strin = "Test àçê?õá") = ( how can I workaround this problem?? and How can... 
Posted January 11, 2006 7:46:26 PM
GLYPHMETRICSFLOAT bug??? the GLYPHMETRICSFLOAT structure does not work with accented words??? if it doesn't...how can I get the letter width using wglOutlineFonts? thanx... 
Posted January 11, 2006 8:10:40 AM
Print text problem... Hi everyone.. I want to write text on the screen using outline fonts... firstly, I have tried to use the HFONT size attribute, but it doesn't work. After that, I tried to use the glScale function to resize my text, BUT, the text became inv... 
Posted January 11, 2006 7:13:38 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
New game team...=D addicting games =) 
Posted February 8, 2006 10:18:10 PM
New game team...=D I'm sorry about the first thread...I'm hope that now this is good for you =D thanx for warning me ;)  
Posted February 8, 2006 6:39:25 PM
C-Unit MDX Tutorials and Framework I'll kill myself... Me and my modest engine = ((( I loved your gui layout =) congratulations...very nice work =D 
Posted February 8, 2006 12:12:36 PM
Predator Engine demo =D ahá got you =) the code of fps is the same...the only difference is that my thread system of paint control (=P) is inactive... the same code...without the system...run at 90fps.. and with the system...run at ~10000 =D hehehe [Edi... 
Posted February 5, 2006 11:06:39 AM
Predator Engine demo =D ok...I have made some changes...look if now the fps is more logical (I got 1000 in my radeon 9800xt) =P http://members.gamedev.net/kerkhoff/JournalFiles/Predator-New.exe Thanx... I'm sorry...but I'm a new programmer yet heheh 
Posted February 4, 2006 11:50:28 PM
Predator Engine demo =D this routine...allways give me the timeelapsed with 0... and an error of division by zero =P heheh 
Posted February 4, 2006 10:32:14 PM
Predator Engine demo =D look this... int beginframe = 0; int endframe = 0; int timeelapsed = 0; while (MainApplication->Running() && !FQuit) { beginframe = timeGetTime(); MainApplication->Refresh(); endframe = timeGetTime(); time... 
Posted February 4, 2006 9:18:02 PM
Predator Engine demo =D I really don't use it.. I use a label to show the FPS..... but..so you think that the Predator Engine's way is the better way to show fps?? I need to know how good my engine is working..and if I don't know how much fps it is running...I'll nev... 
Posted February 4, 2006 8:41:49 PM
Predator Engine demo =D I'm sorry about this... but I tried the examples and all of them has gave crazy values... here is my draw loop..now...somebody..make it count the frames correctly =D lastFrame = timeGetTime(); while (MainApplication->Running() &&... 
Posted February 4, 2006 12:52:31 PM
Predator Engine demo =D no...the fps code is running in the main thread... I don't know...but I don't see nothing wrong... it count the frames until one second pass(ff)..and then..store in another variable(fps)... and using timeGetTime() function in the place... 
Posted February 4, 2006 10:11:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User