Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Snatch...  
Full Name  
Nickname Snatch 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://cinag.sf.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/14/2004 6:51:37 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Monte Carlo Raytracing This is the result of my Monte Carlo Path Tracer, computing global illumination on a simple Cornell Box. The best part is that it is written in Ocaml, so only functional programming! The image is still noisy, I am planning to use some bette... 
Posted November 13, 2005 10:05:59 PM
__allshr and bitboard I am currently rewritting my chess engine and I use bitboard in order to have a quite fast move generation. I have just profile my code and it appears that 40% of the code is spend in __allshr, is this just because of the right shifts ? I use Visual... 
Posted November 28, 2005 6:38:01 PM
Lambda Beta (theorical computer science) I have to prove thate for all s which is an abstraction we have : lambda x.sx = s And I am completly stuck, I have try a prof by induction on t with s = lambda y.t but I can't prove the induction for the abstraction rule. I think about the... 
Posted October 21, 2005 4:11:16 AM
Place for professional raytracer Do you think there is a place for a new professional raytracer in the current Game/Film/Architecture market ? Mental image seems to have completly locked the market by integrating their products in current 3D modelers. PS : By raytracer i mean all... 
Posted August 19, 2005 8:45:41 AM
SceneGraph and Game Engine 3D engine works with SceneGraph that containt 3D models which can be rendered. A walkthrough in this graph determine which object are visible and put them in a rendering queue. But what about the model view matrix ? I think this model view matrix is... 
Posted May 17, 2005 1:23:50 PM
D and Eiffel programming Hello, Anyone have some experience in D or Eiffel game programming ? I think this language could be very well suited to game code and I would like to known if someone as already try the experience. Best regards 
Posted April 9, 2005 2:59:01 PM
Shared memory threading in game dev I would like to know in which case shared memory threading is used in game developpement and why is there such necessity ? In addition, could you explain me where in a 3D game engine do you use threading ? I think all operations can be done in th... 
Posted April 13, 2005 4:20:40 PM
Game programming language I have heard that game developpers haven't the right tools to do their jobs because hardware is always changing and languages are not adapted to their works. If you had time to create a language dedicated to game programming what would include in... 
Posted March 13, 2005 5:35:39 AM
send Geometry to the GPU I am looking for an efficient way of sending my geometry to the GPU. I can use : -> GL_NV_vertex_array_range and GL_ATI_vertex_array_object (by checking if these extensions exist) -> compiled vertex array What is the fastest solution... 
Posted March 8, 2005 2:17:12 AM
Java in realtime 3D simulation I have to create a robot simulation for university and I don't know if I am going to create it in java or in c++. The computer of the university are quite exotic : PC 3ghz and ... at best a Radeon 7500. I thing that i am not going to lose a lot o... 
Posted January 23, 2005 5:06:24 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Monte Carlo Raytracing Nearly one or two week and it is just for hobby. Ocaml is a really powerfull functional language which can be compiled and it is quite fast ( not like haskel ... ). 
Posted November 18, 2005 1:31:57 PM
Lambda Beta (theorical computer science) (Lx.sx)N = sN but from this, I must use the eta rule to have : Lx.sx = s, the problem is that I am not allowed to use the eta rule ( only Lambda Beta ). Anyway I thank you very much for your answers and I am really sorry about this break of... 
Posted October 21, 2005 6:17:13 AM
Lambda Beta (theorical computer science) Yes it is ! 
Posted October 21, 2005 4:15:36 AM
Place for professional raytracer ApochPIQ, i love your Freon 2/7 project !!! 
Posted August 19, 2005 9:18:37 AM
Place for professional raytracer Erff, i wasn't thinking about patent law... How can we know if MLT or MC raytracing are patented ? 
Posted August 19, 2005 9:10:15 AM
Game programming language If we haven't syntaxic sugar we should always be working in ASM. A language help us in the resolution of a problem. Game programming is a complex problem, its resolution with productivity in mind is a lot more complex. Another programming language wi... 
Posted March 13, 2005 5:18:22 PM
Game programming language I find C++ really ugly and untidy so i would write it in C. 
Posted March 13, 2005 4:32:12 PM
Game programming language I am not sure a RAD game programming language will interest "real" programmers and for the other I think they perfer using FPS Creator than a language. What we need is a programming language which replace C++ (with its speed), but more clear and sim... 
Posted March 13, 2005 3:35:20 PM
Game programming language It encompasses a wide range of software abstraction -- from bit-twiddling to meta-programming and OOP. That is right C++ is adaptable, but when you try to "adapt" it with things like meta-programming you are not doing C++ any more ! Modern game... 
Posted March 13, 2005 3:11:22 PM
Game programming language So we should have a language with code clarity enforced as Python, OO-Implementation like CLOS or Eiffel, Contract programming like Eiffel and fast memory management (smart pointer in non cyclic data structure). I don't think that a total GC system i... 
Posted March 13, 2005 11:01:45 AM
View All Replies Made By This User