Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know WitchLord...  Moderator - AngelCode
Full Name Andreas Jonsson
Nickname WitchLord 
State/Province, Country Sao Paulo   Brazil
GD Gathering City Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.angelcode.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1713  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/27/2000 2:33:17 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net//journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
AngelScript 2.20.1 is released This version has been mostly about internal improvements where the compiler and VM are now allocating local variables of registered value types on the stack instead of on the heap. If your scripts you a lot of those you should see a pretty... 
Posted December 10, 2010 7:29:07 PM
AngelScript 2.20.0 released I've released 2.20.0. As I didn't receive many bug reports for the last version I decided to hold on to this release a bit longer in order to try to get in more changes. The principal change for this release is the removal of the built-in ar... 
Posted November 2, 2010 11:41:19 AM
Bitmap Font Generator with Unicode support This is a very simple program that I wrote to generate bitmap fonts from true type fonts. It's actually been two years since I released the first version, but I've just added support for Unicode character sets so I thought I'd send an Image of the Da... 
Posted September 11, 2006 12:02:41 PM
AngelScript 2.19.2 released This version brings quite a lot of improvements to already existing features, as well as a few bug fixes. There are no major new features, so I suggest you look at the change list for the details. Perhaps the most interesting addition is the new... 
Posted September 5, 2010 3:18:44 PM
AngelScript 2.19.1 This version a couple of improvements to the saved bytecode. It is now almost fully platform independent, with the exception of pointer size differences. The saved bytecode now also includes the names of the script sections used to compile it. Th... 
Posted August 9, 2010 10:22:23 PM
AngelScript 2.19.0 After little over 3 months a new version is finally here. Due to a major project at work keeping me in crunch mode for almost 2 months I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend on this version, so the list of new features is small. But I did ma... 
Posted June 27, 2010 2:50:11 PM
AngelScript 2.18.2 Another version has been released. This version doesn't bring much in terms of new features. The only new feature that has been implemented is the support for function pointers in the script language. However, as there is really no way for the a... 
Posted March 14, 2010 5:16:16 PM
AngelScript function pointers now working Hi guys, I'd just wanted to let you know that I've finally been able to get to the point where function pointers are now fully working. I welcome those that have been waiting for this feature to give it a try so I can root out as many bugs as poss... 
Posted February 22, 2010 7:34:46 PM
AngelScript 2.18.1 I've released version 2.18.1. As I had imagined in the previous release, I wasn't able to implement the support for function pointers for this release, but I have it pretty much planned out now so hopefully the actual implementation should be quite q... 
Posted January 17, 2010 1:46:27 PM
Opinion on syntax for func ptr in AngelScript Hi guys, I'm trying to decide what syntax I should use for function pointers in AngelScript. I would very much like some feedback from the community on this: So far I've come up with two alternatives, but feel free to suggest others. Al... 
Posted January 4, 2010 11:12:05 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Registering Operator Overloading with Angelscript Exactly. The reason for this change was to allow the scripts themselves to implement operator overloading for script classes, simply by implementing the opAssign, opCmp, etc methods. 
Posted December 24, 2010 7:47:25 AM
Passing/comparing strings You shouldn't have to do anything special. The == operator is supported through the opEquals method registered for the string type by RegisterStdString. I just tested this to make sure it works and didn't have any trouble with the latest version.... 
Posted December 22, 2010 3:59:31 PM
AngelScript 2.20.1 is released I've checked in the work around for now (rev 771), so at least the latest revision in the SVN won't have these problems until I can have them fixed. 
Posted December 21, 2010 7:37:59 PM
AngelScript and C++ exceptions Yes. It will be left in an undefined state, which will most likely crash your application or at the very least cause memory leaks. If you plan on exposing functions/methods that can throw C++ exceptions you should wrap those in a function tha... 
Posted December 21, 2010 7:36:01 PM
There is no copy operator... It is more like a C++ reference than a pointer in that regard, except that the handle can be reassigned, which the C++ reference cannot. 
Posted December 21, 2010 7:29:34 PM
There is no copy operator... You need to do a handle assignment by prepending the left expression with the @ symbol. Without the symbol it is a value assignment, for which the copy operator (opAssign method) is needed. class ScriptActor { void init(Actor @actor) { /... 
Posted December 21, 2010 11:52:03 AM
AngelScript 2.20.1 is released Unfortunately I'll be on vacation for a couple of weeks and probably won't have time to fix it before the plane leaves on Friday. But I'll do what I can to have it fixed as soon as possible. 
Posted December 21, 2010 9:33:44 AM
AngelScript 2.20.1 is released I've received another bug report similar to yours. It seems there are still some problems with the allocation of value types on the stack. Please turn this off until I can have this fixed: In as_compiler.cpp, function AllocateVariableNotI... 
Posted December 21, 2010 9:27:56 AM
function pointers A function pointer in angelscript is seen as an asIScriptFunction*. If you wish to execute the function pointer from the application you can get the function id from the interface and then prepare the context with it as a normal function call. 
Posted December 19, 2010 6:56:29 PM
bug of div operation with uint32 I've fixed this bug in revisions 769 and 770. 
Posted December 17, 2010 9:19:12 PM
View All Replies Made By This User