Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Beverly Mcadoo...  
Full Name Beverly  Mcadoo
Nickname Beverly Mcadoo 
State/Province, Country IN   United States
GD Gathering City Needham, IN, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.gamashastra.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/26/2010 10:09:08 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
Converting stuff to LPCWSTR / problems with the RECT class. Classic example of #1 dev issue - the problems you don't know you have. (they tend to appear always at the very worst moment.) [Edited by - jpetrie on September 21, 2010 5:56:01 PM] 
Posted September 21, 2010 5:56:22 PM
What would you say would be the strengths and weaknesss of c++ IDE's? Visual studio is the way to go. I've done some pretty heavy coding, and anyone who really gets their hands dirty uses the program. It's the photoshop of Dev. [Edited by - jpetrie on September 21, 2010 5:54:08 PM] 
Posted September 21, 2010 5:54:09 PM
The Retro Renaissance Game Development Challenge! Speaking of retro games, has anyone seen the 8-bit city maps? I think these are hilarious. http://8bitcity.com/map?New%20York [Edited by - jpetrie on September 21, 2010 5:24:43 PM] 
Posted September 16, 2010 6:24:51 PM
Grandma's Boy: How did you feel about it? Loved Grandma's Boy. IMOH this is one of the most underrated comedies in awhile. 
Posted September 16, 2010 6:22:21 PM
photoshop layer styles I am also looking for the same thing - HQ layer styles. I've spent a good amount of time searching around, and there are some decent free ones, but I feel like there has to be more out there... 
Posted September 15, 2010 5:39:56 PM
Game Addiction What is the consensus about AoE 2 vs WOW? I'm looking to get into a game, but not sure which one I should choose. Lots of my friends go with wow, but after this review of AOE, I'm tempted to go that direction, although I would like to play with... 
Posted September 15, 2010 5:37:55 PM
*Unofficial* Alternative Game Libraries FAQ [Updated 2/03/08] I agree that it would be helpful to see the FAQ in a table of contents view. This way it might be a little easier to find the answer you're looking for without reading the whole sheet. 
Posted September 15, 2010 5:22:07 PM
Game Addiction "They say 'once you feel like you need to cut down on your drinking, you've got a drinking problem'" I think the same thing goes for gaming. If you feel like you're doing way too much of it, maybe you are. But then again, if gaming is your jo... 
Posted September 14, 2010 4:27:53 PM
The boundary between real and artificial intelligence I think the end of computers would be a cataclysmic event, but I do not think that it would signal the end of humanity. Most likely people, in my opinion, would at first revolt into looting and anarchy. Then people would band together into safe zones... 
Posted September 14, 2010 4:19:18 PM
UV map and mesh? I would agree that the Bandicoot optimization is a good solution to this issue. This will prevent your game from bogging down the processor and getting too slow, and the results are fairly robust. 
Posted September 14, 2010 3:49:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User