Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dbaumgart...  Moderator - Visual Arts
Full Name David Baumgart
Nickname dbaumgart 
State/Province, Country British Columbia   Canada
GD Gathering City Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.artscum.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Artist 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1613  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/3/2007 2:20:17 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/dbaumgart/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Logo design feedback I'm posting this here as a favor for someone who would like feedback on their game's logo. He's a good fellow and I'm happy to do so ;) I'd like to know what indie gamers think of this game logo. It would be most helpful to me if you answe... 
Posted November 9, 2009 3:33:38 PM
Free 2d/3d art assets '09! aka Sprites, sprites, and more sprites! redux This is a list of free graphics for games. These aren't just restricted to sprites and 2d graphics, 3d is great too (I just don't know of very much). Know of any more good sites? I'll add in suggestio... 
Posted August 11, 2009 2:51:05 PM
Freelance 2d artist looking for work (Paid)(Images) Name: David Baumgart Website: Artscum.net Expected Compensation: Paid freelance work. Rather than an hourly rate I prefer to work out a lump estimate for a specific body of work, then if we both agree on the price, I can do the w... 
Posted March 17, 2008 5:52:28 PM
Character: Animated or Customizable? I have a visual design question to ask of the world: Say you were playing - or making - a cheap 2d rpg dungeon-crawling monster-bashing game. The player's character can be smoothly animated OR it could show what sort of items the player is using (ro... 
Posted October 23, 2008 6:32:07 PM
"Political Capital" in a turn-based grand strategy game The idea is this: You're playing a Civilization/Europa Universalis-like turn-based strategy game. To influence your country/nation/state (I'll call it "polity" from now on) you have to spend "political capital" in the form of what I'm now going... 
Posted December 14, 2007 1:51:59 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How did/do game developers create 2d sprites? How did it work? I've no idea how those old games did their pixel art. Crude software, no doubt - doing pixel art (and all sorts of art) nowadays, I use Photoshop for everything. Here's a decent pixel art tutorial: http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tut... 
Posted November 25, 2010 3:27:06 PM
Area of focus eg style, medium This site does support images and links, you just have to use html code in your post to display them. Regarding style: I wouldn't concern myself with a particular style so much as learning a strong, comprehensive foundation in art in g... 
Posted November 18, 2010 9:34:36 PM
Twin-stick style top down sprite sheets - where can I find one? If you're asking for someone to give/draw you art, your post belongs in the Help Wanted forum. If you're talking about where to find this sort of art in general, it could belong in this forum. And if the purpose of a forum is confusing, there... 
Posted November 8, 2010 9:35:38 PM
Interactive CG turntables for free Moved to Your Announcements. 
Posted October 22, 2010 3:29:23 PM
Age of Reliks models You might consider getting your own journal here at GameDev.net as it may be more appropriate for keeping a, well, journal of your project. Plus, it could lead to posts being featured on the front page and getting all kinds of hits. Alternat... 
Posted September 21, 2010 9:04:40 PM
Trailer Pirate Game Moved to the Help Wanted forum. Please use the mandatory posting template to format your post requesting work. 
Posted August 16, 2010 6:32:55 PM
Need some sprites Post moved to the Help Wanted forum because you're requesting assets rather than discussing art. Please re-format your post according to the mandatory posting template or it may be deleted. 
Posted August 16, 2010 6:31:17 PM
Isometric artist top quality Available !! Very cool work, I love the tiles. 
Posted August 11, 2010 7:44:47 PM
I want to make an MMORPG :P I recommend Pyglet over Pygame, which is a bit of an archaic approach, though I did find it a valuable learning experience, or basic PyOpenGL which I found troublesome and somewhat poorly documented/implemented, at least when I used it several years... 
Posted July 31, 2010 4:17:44 PM
PAID - Taking Bids until 7/31 on short-term vb.net work I just gotta jump in and say that I've done contract art for Dan and he is consistent, timely, communicates well, and is overall a good guy to work with. Good luck finding someone for this project! 
Posted July 30, 2010 6:18:51 PM
View All Replies Made By This User