Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know abnormal...  
Full Name Benjamin Nitschke
Nickname abnormal 
State/Province, Country Niedersachsen   Germany
GD Gathering City Hannover, Niedersachsen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://abi.exdream.com 
ICQ ID 29615506 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Coder 
Job Description Lead Programmer and Designer at exDream entertainment. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1082  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/7/2000 7:21:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Dungeon Quest Dungeon Quest is a XNA game that was written in just 4 days live on the GDC 2007 for the XNA Contest of Microsoft. It was developed pretty much from scratch by Christoph Rienaecker (modeler) and me (Benjamin Nitschke, code). The game is a sim... 
Posted August 2, 2007 3:31:13 PM
Rocket Commander Hi everyone. These are a couple of screenshots of our new little game Rocket Commander. More information can be found on the website www.RocketCommander.com. I guess it is still the first .NET 2.0 game (it was done originally in November... 
Posted March 15, 2006 6:53:07 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
'to do' lists I like OneNote too, but only for the very ruff stuff and not as much for coding. Nothing is as useful as a simple TODO.txt text file with a list of TODO and OK items. I tried like 500 different TODO programs and even wrote 2-3 myself, but... 
Posted November 1, 2006 1:40:06 PM
XNA or MDX? XNA is great for 2d games and in the current release stable enough to quickly develop a 2d game. For 3D releated stuff you should propably wait for the next release of XNA Game Studio (next month or so), which includes the content pipeline, suppor... 
Posted October 18, 2006 5:54:25 AM
CSGL Examples The reason is no one implemented the c# code for that "some" tutorial (be more vague pls). You can do the same stuff with c# or pascal or basic in opengl than with c++ and opengl. 
Posted September 28, 2006 11:56:36 AM
Shiver me timbers! Python 2.5 ho! lol, cool text 
Posted September 19, 2006 6:16:47 PM
Deploying .net apps? Deploying the latest .NET framework (if not supported yet by the OS) can be compared with the latest DirectX version, which has to be installed by the game too, if the OS does not have it yet. 
Posted September 11, 2006 10:41:19 PM
Engin Update Lately everything glows ^^ 
Posted September 11, 2006 1:59:55 PM
C# going to beat C++ in game prog Quote:Original post by smitty1276 You can write for the XNA framework in ANY managed language. The Game Studio Express product, however, will only integrate with Visual C#, and this is necessary to get running on the XB360 when that time... 
Posted September 7, 2006 2:34:25 PM
PlayStation 3 Euro launch delayed what a bunch of idiots at sony .. 
Posted September 6, 2006 2:50:39 PM
3dsMax plugin with .NET? Not really. In the future maybe, but last time I checked (3dsmax8 sdk) there wasn't much support for .NET, all the exporters and plugins are written in c++. Your other options are: - Exporting into an existing format like Collada or IGame Xml and... 
Posted September 1, 2006 9:57:41 AM
How to prevent game from taking 99% CPU? Just try out sleeping for 0 ms, this gives the OS the chance to check if there are any other processes currently needing some time or else go back to your program. Usually the CPU load goes also down ... At least for windowed programs this makes s... 
Posted August 10, 2006 1:59:38 PM
View All Replies Made By This User