Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bodchook...  
Full Name  
Nickname bodchook 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City New Port Richey, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/21/2008 8:58:11 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Concrete Abstractions Ex 2.16 (Proof by Induction) Howdy. I'm working my way through Concrete Abstractions, and I'm trying to understand this proof by induction thing. Here is the exercise (note, this is not homework, this is just self-study): Consider the following procedure foo: (define f... 
Posted December 23, 2008 1:13:41 PM
Bored at Work: Games in Excel I was browsing the internet yesterday during lunch and found a site that has a few games that were created with Excel. I thought this was pretty cool so I threw together my own simple Excel game, Guess The Number. You get 5 guesses at choosing a numb... 
Posted August 27, 2008 8:52:53 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How can i plot a path though screenspace using an ARC? Check out this chapter on projectiles from the book Physics for Game Programmers. 
Posted January 4, 2009 8:20:31 PM
Concrete Abstractions Ex 2.16 (Proof by Induction) I really appreciate the replies! I went through the Induction I and II slides and in-class problems that daviangel linked to. The exact problem I originally posted was actually the first example in Induction I slides.. so that was very helpful! I can... 
Posted December 24, 2008 1:25:21 PM
MS Access application I'm not 100% sure about Access, but I have created a number of Excel applications at work. Excel has to be open for them to work, but you can hide this from the user with some simple automation. I would imagine Access would have similar functionality... 
Posted December 20, 2008 3:19:35 PM
Introduction and Chapter 1 I did some research last night and spent some time mulling over the problem above. I think I understand it now. I figured I would update this post with my thoughts in case anyone is interested. GameDev has a good article about recursion, which has th... 
Posted December 18, 2008 10:08:37 AM
Introduction and Chapter 1 I started this book last week and I'm trying to work through all of the exercises. I'm having trouble visualizing the count-change procedure in Chapter 1.2.2. I tried stepping through the execution with small values for amount, but I'm getting lost!... 
Posted December 17, 2008 3:02:06 PM
C++ programming exercises Quote:Original post by Splinter of Chaos That site looks really great. Do you have to solve a problem to see the solutions or am I just not seeing it? If you're referring to project euler, then yea, after you solve the problem you get access to... 
Posted December 14, 2008 8:05:29 PM
python for games? Also check out Pyglet (Site seems to be down at the moment.. check out the Google Code page. 
Posted December 14, 2008 7:54:12 PM
Filling a Form using C# Quote:Original post by Harish Kumar Hi Guys, I am a prolific photographer and thanks to digital revolution I have some 2000 photos and my wife also a shutterbug has some 1000 and my brother possibly around 1500. Now we all want to create a... 
Posted October 24, 2008 1:49:23 PM
My maths skills are shot, would like some help with an algorithm What about: vector<Whatever*> v; int index = (d == 0.5) ? v.size() * d - 1 : v.size() * d;  
Posted August 24, 2008 12:03:17 AM
Starting a program when the computer starts Quote:Original post by deadstar Package your application up into a .msi installer, it'll sort out things like desktop shortcuts, start menu entries and if I'm not mistaken it provides the ability to add it to the Startup menu. There's plenty of p... 
Posted August 22, 2008 11:56:35 PM
View All Replies Made By This User