Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Maveryck...  
Full Name  
Nickname Maveryck 
State/Province, Country AZ   United States
GD Gathering City Phoenix, AZ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/17/2008 4:55:29 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Book Recommendations??? I'm finishing up Dawson's "Beginning C++ Through Game Programming." I'm in the process of looking for another book that focuses on game programming, but w/so many out there, I really don't know which direction to head. I'm contemplating either "... 
Posted October 27, 2009 2:04:28 AM
Boxing Game -- Open Source Does anyone know of any existing Open Source Boxing games with the source code available? 2D or 3D, doesn't matter. I want to see how the code is laid out, classes defined, functions, etc. The code exercises, in the various textbooks, I'm learning fr... 
Posted October 10, 2009 5:16:10 AM
Game Demo Design I'm in the process of designing a FPS game -- writing (more like revising) the design doc and sketching out some character, building & vehicle concepts. It occurred to me during this process, why make the entire game by yourself -- get help & reduce... 
Posted September 13, 2008 2:35:14 AM
C++ Workshop I noticed that there was a C++ workshop sometime back. Anyone know if another is forthcoming? I'm new to C++ and would love to learn more, especially game programming for the novice C++ programmer. Thanks, Mav 
Posted August 24, 2008 2:58:07 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Book Recommendations??? Thanks. I'll look into both of Luna's books. Appreciate the recommendation. 
Posted October 27, 2009 2:23:51 AM
Boxing Game -- Open Source Boxing, street fighter, etc. Think Mike Tyson, etc. Yes, beat'em up one to one type games. I am interested in the game play mechanics, as well as the low level functionality. Thanks, Mav. 
Posted October 10, 2009 9:15:03 PM
Game Demo Design Kest/Puck: Thanks for your input. My thought here is to develop something that would generate interest from potential developers/artists/programmers to come on board and work toward completing a viable (and perhaps sellable)game. The tech and... 
Posted September 13, 2008 11:38:45 PM
Monday, April 2, 2007 Cool. So I'm on on the right track here. Is this a workshop for the software Freehand or a workshop on learning and improving hands-on drawing skills? I didn't find a post describing the previous workshop contents. 
Posted September 11, 2008 6:17:11 AM
An attempt to start a team.(any experience is welcome) Bottnot: In retrospect, and after mulling it over, I am being overtly analytical -- blame it on working on business and IT projects. I see your point about making the game project a "chalk board" team, thereby giving everyone the opportu... 
Posted September 11, 2008 6:04:17 AM
Monday, April 2, 2007 Oluseyi: What is the current status of this workshop? Can we anticipate a start date in early 2009? Maveryck 
Posted September 10, 2008 9:20:32 PM
An attempt to start a team.(any experience is welcome) Quote:Original post by d000hg He explicitly stated it's a 2D game, and implied it would be fairly small. A single artist could easily take that on... I was actually thinking taking on 3 extra coders was too many... 3 coders in total would... 
Posted September 10, 2008 5:56:07 PM
An attempt to start a team.(any experience is welcome) Neveza: Not to be a putz here, but it is difficult for anyone to volunteer their time on a game development project without any idea as to what type of game you want to develop or what the project entails. You need a game plan, at the ver... 
Posted September 10, 2008 9:14:42 AM
Am I to old to start? Quote:Original post by mich4elp That's not necessarily true... you brain can make connections better when you are younger, I think that the age that the brain stops is when you are around 20. You can still make connections and pathways in your b... 
Posted September 10, 2008 6:07:25 AM
Suggest a new language for me to learn? To quote a former President: Quote: I feel your pain... I am in the process of moving away from Java. Now, I'm taking a course on C++ (Visual C++) and then decided to learn Python on my own, after reading a few posts and checking it o... 
Posted August 26, 2008 6:37:56 AM
View All Replies Made By This User