Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know techtonic...  
Full Name  
Nickname techtonic 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City San Jose, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/16/2006 3:21:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Realtime Ocean and Cloud Simulation These images show some of the features of the ocean and cloud work that I've been doing. I work for Quantum3D doing realtime visual simulation applications (not games - so don't expect to see this stuff in any upcoming game). The ocean in the main... 
Posted February 18, 2006 10:02:57 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Realtime Ocean and Cloud Simulation zedzeek - I'm trying to simulate the bio-luminecence of the algae in the water as it gets agitated by the ship ;) Just kidding - seriously it's the usual problem with reflections of the background bleeding through where objects intersect the water... 
Posted February 24, 2006 3:17:05 PM
Realtime Ocean and Cloud Simulation NamelessTwo - The carrier model was created in house - and I'm afraid it's not available 'for free' :( meganfox - keep guessing! MadCow257 - The shadows are so strong just because in the area you are looking at almost all the light is the resul... 
Posted February 23, 2006 8:54:14 PM
Realtime Ocean and Cloud Simulation I render the ocean using a very different technique to the one you referenced. Unfortunatley for reasons of IP I can't go into too much detail on it - so I'm afraid that although personally I would love to share this information I am not at... 
Posted February 21, 2006 1:10:30 PM
View All Replies Made By This User