Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Alpha_ProgDes...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Alpha_ProgDes 
State/Province, Country MD   United States
GD Gathering City Silver Spring, MD, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.yahoo.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID ok_march_md 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1740  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/5/2002 3:51:11 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/Alpha_ProgDes/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Can we draft a post or thread before putting on the server proper? For instance, right now, I want to start writing a post but I haven't thought it through yet. So, I'd like to start it, save it and when I'm done, then post it to the boards. Possible? 
Posted January 5, 2011 1:36:29 PM
Has anyone seen "The American"? I just watched the movie. Random pick up at Wal-mart. It's a bit slow paced (definitely don't watch it if you're sleepy). However, the character portrayal in that movie is excellent, very well done. George Clooney played that character flawlessly. ... 
Posted January 1, 2011 3:01:18 AM
Basic 3D Math I would need to know before doing Graphics Programming or XNA What are some basic concepts and/or maths a programmer should be familiar with before getting deep into XNA, D3D, or OGL? I've scoured the internets, but I just don't want to be randomly learning (unnecessary) things. 
Posted December 29, 2010 11:44:23 PM
Rob Peter to pay Paul On the surface, this sounds like a good thing. Banks gives non-profits first crack at foreclosured homes. Until you realize that these people are in the same demographic as the people who lost their homes to foreclosures. That these same banks made... 
Posted December 28, 2010 12:39:09 AM
Harbinger of the apocalyspse. Girl gets her legs back in time for Xmas. Weird news. In a surprise comment, Pat Roberson is against harsh sentences for marijuana use. I must say that this is mind-boggling. To hear Pat, the man whose lips overflows with wisdom every time a international incident or tragedy occurs say this is ...astoni... 
Posted December 24, 2010 3:25:57 PM
Codility sample question I tried to post in the other two threads about it, but they're retired. So long story, short. Why is this wrong? I didn't see the sample array they used to test the code so I had to go by was the sample array they had. int equi ( int[] A ) { ... 
Posted December 25, 2010 10:34:06 AM
Have Facebook? Want free Media Converter? Go here. Free Media Converter and DVD Ripper Free as free beer. Full software, not trial. It's some Christmas promotion. If you have a Facebook account, they'll give you a passkey and you can download the software without a Facebook account. It was too goo... 
Posted December 24, 2010 5:01:56 PM
Will XNA have a Kinect API? If this should be moved to the Lounge, please move it (thank you). I know a few people here are MVPs and other are just in the know. But I wonder if MS is going to support the device through XNA or will it be a commercial developer peripheral ... 
Posted December 21, 2010 10:08:20 PM
[XNA] XNA GS 3.0 book for Workshop. Anyone got it yet? XNA Workshop It's on order right now and I won't get it until next week. But I was wondering if anyone else has flipped through or read it. Your thoughts on it. 
Posted December 23, 2010 3:14:15 PM
Even if you're not Christian, you have to appreciate the cleverness here. Nativity 2010. Some of you may have seen this already. I heard about it today at work. I haven't laughed at YouTube video like this in a long while. This is very well done. 
Posted December 21, 2010 11:05:26 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Verlet sucks...need to move to the "true" RBD physics Well when it comes to something interactive like physics, videos are better. [smile] 
Posted January 6, 2011 8:51:54 AM
Can we draft a post or thread before putting on the server proper? Yeah, but it would be nice if it was an actual feature and not a shoehorn solution. 
Posted January 5, 2011 3:52:07 PM
Can we draft a post or thread before putting on the server proper? Yeah..... and if i'm moving from one location to another? In short, not a solution. If it works for you, great. Enjoy. 
Posted January 5, 2011 2:48:20 PM
Programming changed? Forever? Quote:Original post by ibebrett you are already using a quantum computer. are you referring to the human brain?  
Posted January 5, 2011 1:16:56 PM
An artificial hand connected to bone and tendons? Quote:Original post by SteveDeFacto Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes What would be the point? How would that even work? What kind of artificial hand are we talking about: ceramic, claw/grapple, robotic, stem-cell-nanotech? Does it really mat... 
Posted January 3, 2011 5:41:00 PM
An artificial hand connected to bone and tendons? What would be the point? How would that even work? What kind of artificial hand are we talking about: ceramic, claw/grapple, robotic, stem-cell-nanotech? 
Posted January 3, 2011 5:21:19 PM
Has anyone seen "The American"? Quote:Original post by Pete Michaud I thought it was fine, but I went expecting an action movie about an assassin, which it very much was not. Yeah, I hate it when previews lead you to think it's one type of movie and it's something completely... 
Posted January 1, 2011 11:41:00 AM
is ?upgradeing? to from xp to win7 good Make sure your machine has at least 6 to 8 GBs of RAM and you'll be fine. And yes, Win7 is an improvement from WinXP. And that's saying alot because WinXP was good. 
Posted January 1, 2011 3:16:08 AM
Happy New Year! Happy New Year Everyone! May your programming be better than last year's. May Dr. GameDev help you in all your endeavors. 
Posted January 1, 2011 2:57:05 AM
2D Jumping Quote:Original post by Subliminalman Well I had it like this at first float gravity = 0.09f; velocity.Y += elapsedTime * gravity; position.Y += elapsedTime * velocity.Y; but for some reason the sprite would just stick to the ground and not... 
Posted December 30, 2010 7:12:36 PM
View All Replies Made By This User