Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Crispy...  
Full Name  
Nickname Crispy 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1304  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/12/2002 6:14:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Post your music/sfx here! (14 artists: latest artists: Hardmoon and Sebuko- 05.07.05) The purpose of this thread is to help music/sound effects makers find an audience and optionally connect them with potential game makers/people who need music/sound effects. For further details, scroll down to the end of this post and read the length... 
Posted March 28, 2005 1:45:58 PM
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet I apologise to people who deserve it. This topic might be of interest to many (depending on the quality of the replies), although it is not programming-related. My aim is not to invoke a discussion (or even to promote myself r... 
Posted August 27, 2006 7:42:30 PM
Creepiest/shockiest/simply the best horror shock moment in a movie I'm going to have to go with Resident Evil - the one where Michelle Rodriguez says "poor bastard" at the woman in the tank in the first half of the movie (before they've shut the computer down) and as soon as she walks out of the frame, the came... 
Posted July 8, 2005 6:32:10 PM
Your dream car I was watching a Top 10 cars programme on Discovery today and they put Aston Martin in the second (or was it the third?) position, at which point I made myself a moral promise that I will own that car one day. And uh no - it wasn't the old... 
Posted July 1, 2005 7:58:59 PM
GM vs MS No, this isn't a standoff thread between the two companies. Instead, I found this little bit on the Internet that is quite funny - I just I hope I'm not reposting. There's several versions of the story available on the web - I'll post two s... 
Posted July 6, 2005 7:28:15 PM
Evil Flash banners and FireFox I am genuinely frustrated with the banners on GameDev. No, they're not bothering me visually, but this is pretty much outrageous: one tab of GameDev only I'm running an AthlonXP 1600+ (running at 1.4GHz, so eating up 30 something pe... 
Posted July 3, 2005 9:54:31 PM
The Philadelphia Project As it appeared, pretty much all of my friends and relatives left town over the weekend, leaving me home alone with a bad case of cold in the middle of the summer. So I waged war on boredom and listed things in my head I'd want to do whilst not n... 
Posted July 3, 2005 9:01:26 PM
Tm Sunrise (demo) tracks Step 1: download the Trackmania Sunrise demo Step 2: install and run the Tm Sunrise demo* Step 3: ... Step 4: profit * this game requires that you actually own an eligible "computer" (not just a box for your word processor), so that's one... 
Posted July 4, 2005 6:39:32 PM
What the heck do I have? I have somekind of a respiratory problem-thingy. I've been staying in for three days now because I have a coughing severly (and I mean severely) and my head's swollen full of snot and stuff that just keeps on producing. People have suggested tha... 
Posted June 29, 2005 5:06:36 PM
PonyHop - Please betatest! Link to download (~200 kB executable; use your own virus scan before running - just in case) I need some feedback on the following points: gameplay - is the game too confusing? Too many colors? Too few colors? Too slow? Too fast? Not eno... 
Posted June 30, 2005 4:32:17 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet Quote:Original post by Rain 7 Quote:Original post by Crispy Quote:Original post by Rain 7 Please explain the difference betweeen "standard" music exposure and game music exposure... Off the top of your head, name three game music makers. No, na... 
Posted August 27, 2006 9:41:28 PM
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937 if you're good you will get to be known, no matter what path you take. That's naive enough to be cute. Obviously you've either succeeded (good for you) or just read a couple of success stories (not so good for yo... 
Posted August 27, 2006 9:37:26 PM
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet Good - the original thread counts for exactly squat. For some reason I'm stuck with justifying myself against singled out examples, not rules. People can't even recognize a round-about question: you quite literally only have a miniscule ch... 
Posted August 27, 2006 8:32:59 PM
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet Quote:Original post by Rain 7 Please explain the difference betweeen "standard" music exposure and game music exposure... Off the top of your head, name three game music makers. No, name one.  
Posted August 27, 2006 8:22:12 PM
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet I'm familiar with that - in fact I have experience with that. What you're suggesting includes four factors, three out of which are very unwanted: lobbying, hard work (the wanted factor), risk and greatly misdirected exposure. Game music, like film m... 
Posted August 27, 2006 8:04:37 PM
Promoting myself as an artist on the Internet Quote:Original post by Dave Is this game related at all? No.  
Posted August 27, 2006 7:50:34 PM
Dont see the fantastic four. Quote:Original post by stimarco There are movies that focus on storytelling. There are movies that focus on giving you a theme park ride. You really shouldn't view the world as black and white. Quote: A blockbuster movie should... 
Posted July 9, 2005 10:17:55 AM
post pictures of your mom. She birthed me at an old age. 
Posted July 9, 2005 9:26:27 AM
Dont see the fantastic four. Quote:Original post by Sneftel Well, sure. The main commonality, as I see it, among good comic book adaptations is an artistic vision that understands what the strengths of the original franchise are and how to leverage them. To me the most imp... 
Posted July 8, 2005 10:58:19 PM
Dont see the fantastic four. Quote:Original post by Sneftel Quote:Original post by Crispy I'm sorry, but I think people are genuinely prejudiced about the comic book/game adaption "genre". The movies that are made may not be so much true to the original, but that in no way def... 
Posted July 8, 2005 7:37:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User