Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Prozak...  
Full Name Hugo Ferreira
Nickname Prozak 
State/Province, Country Lisboa   Portugal
GD Gathering City Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.PositronicDreams.Com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID Prozak Coder 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Analyst Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1475  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/22/2000 8:49:25 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
RTCW still alive somewhere? Do you guys know of any still active Return to Castle Wolfenstein online groups? I know the source code has recently been released... I'm going to see if I can locate the game online and download it. Having some nostalgia here :D 
Posted October 16, 2010 9:09:56 AM
Introduction to Fabrication I'm interested in electronics and Robotics, having built a few amateurish things out of LEGO MindStorms, BasicX and Basic Stamps, and others... I would like to move forward, but there is only so much a Lego-based body can do for a robot. S... 
Posted September 20, 2010 12:11:59 AM
Viral Marketing from Tipp-Ex (Awesome!) I know most of you guys are on top of these things, but here I leave the link anyways for others to enjoy. Tipp-Ex Viral Marketing Note: Contrary to the video's name, the hunter *does not* shoot any bear, but there *IS* some explicit langu... 
Posted September 5, 2010 4:05:56 PM
Get lua_State from inside dynamic class? So I have a class that is dynamically created from within a LUA script. What I need is to call a certain LUA script function from within that same C++ class. But the C++ class doesn't have a lua_State. So how do I get the lua State of the lua s... 
Posted September 1, 2010 8:08:47 AM
Pancakes! I come to you with an urgent matter! My pancake skills are abhorrently low! I must change this using gamedev's distributed knowledge! How do I make my pancakes easier to flip, and less sticky to the cooking surface? Do I use "#pragma teflon"... 
Posted September 1, 2010 2:53:21 AM
Mercury - My attempt at a Browser-OS Environment Hi all, Mercury is the tentative name I gave a technology I've been working on. It mimics an OS-like environment on your Browser. You interact with it in much the same manner you would with any regular OS. My vision is pretty much... 
Posted July 22, 2010 7:54:56 PM
Do you remember this animated children show? As an example in a recent discussion regarding children's TV's shows being just... well... sad these days (not to use other adjectives) I remembered a children's animated series I greatly enjoyed as a child. It had a small boy, and what I think wa... 
Posted August 30, 2010 2:15:23 AM
Introduction to CUDA I'm looking for a demo project that introduces programmers to parallel computing on the GPU using the CUDA library (or some other library, all I've heard in this field is CUDA). Preferably something really simple, like calculating the first 1... 
Posted July 29, 2010 8:26:25 PM
Visual Studio: Debugger doesn't attach error... So I open up VS today to resume some work on an old project, hand't work with VS in a while, and this is the same machine I've always coded in. I try to run the project in debug mode, and nothing happens. I click run in VS, to run the project... 
Posted August 4, 2010 4:52:28 PM
A DB Conundrum... Require some assistance on this DB design I'm trying to implement. It's a web project, mySQL. So, this is my problem: * A site has a certain amount of Users; * Users can create Resources (by uploading files, images, writing articles, etc);... 
Posted July 16, 2010 8:27:48 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
RTCW still alive somewhere? So no one plays it anymore I'm guessing? :D 
Posted October 17, 2010 10:05:38 AM
Minecraft servers crashed. Now free to play for everyone! That Penny Arcade comic mirrors exactly my first nights. I went into this game knowing absolutely zero, I had no idea how to combine stuff, nor did I know there was a day/night cycle, or that there where zombies roaming around at night. On my firs... 
Posted September 20, 2010 6:03:53 PM
Minecraft servers crashed. Now free to play for everyone! That game should be outlawed. I just lost 4 hours of my life digging tunnels. Now I get how he made 600k. 
Posted September 19, 2010 2:41:49 AM
Get lua_State from inside dynamic class? Solved this using the raw keyword provided by luabind: Quote: module( l->L ) [ class_<classMy>("classMy") .def(constructor<>()) .def("Create", &lc_DlgControl::Create, raw(_2) ) ]; When I call the "Create" method of th... 
Posted September 4, 2010 4:32:53 PM
Man from future attempts LHC sabotage! Also, another pet peeve of mine, "Infinities". Nothing in our Universe has, so far, been proved infinite. Even Black Holes seem to be explainable using Quantum Mechanics, they don't bend time and space into an infinite loop you can't get out off,... 
Posted September 3, 2010 12:34:47 AM
Get lua_State from inside dynamic class? Let me elaborate a bit on this. Using LuaBind I've bound a C++ class, so that a LUA script can create instances of that class. But I need to call lua functions from those same C++ classes that are created dynamically. So how do I go abo... 
Posted September 1, 2010 9:58:43 AM
Pancakes! Current Recipe: * 150 grams of flour * 1 tea spoon of baking powder * 2 soup spoons of sugar * 1 bit of salt * 2 eggs * 250 ml of milk (quarter-litter) Mix eggs and milk together. Add the dry ingredients. Mix till we have a smooth paste.... 
Posted September 1, 2010 3:38:36 AM
Pancakes! So just a really thin layer of oil, spread evenly using some kitchen paper towel? My main problem I guess is that the top part of the pancake is still too liquid when I try to flip it, but I feel that I have to flip it at that time because the low... 
Posted September 1, 2010 3:17:00 AM
What do you want to see in RTSs to come? Pairing an RTS engine with Server Technology, allowing players to battle on planets. Each planet would have a huge surface amount, and intelligence gathering would have to be key to know where to attack next, where to mine for precious resources... 
Posted September 1, 2010 3:06:57 AM
Post your favorite music video (link)! I have a special place in my heart for this video clip: Vincent - Don McLean 
Posted August 30, 2010 11:01:30 PM
View All Replies Made By This User