Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know zer0wolf...  GDNet+
Full Name Adrian Walker
Nickname zer0wolf 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Austin, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.AdrianWalker.info 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Producer 
Job Description making games, being a megalomaniac 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1506  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/13/2002 12:02:33 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/zer0wolf/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Happy Turkey Day! I'm surprised no one else has posted this already, but Happy Thanksgiving! Today is when Americans gather around the table with their friends and family to stuff themselves silly and giving thanks for everything they have. My wife is roasting a... 
Posted November 25, 2010 4:43:59 PM
Happy Turkey Day! This is the day that all Americans celebrate the natives helping out the settlers a few hundred years ago. Never mind the fact that the native Americans were repaying with slaughtering and disease, this is a day of thanks. Families get together aroun... 
Posted November 26, 2009 11:26:08 AM
Autodesk Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 available now Autodesk has put up Autodesk Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 for download on the Mod Tool website. I'm downloading it now! You can't use it for commercial projects (unless you're an XNA Creator's Club Premium Member), but it is still a fantastic tool for... 
Posted April 16, 2009 6:19:47 PM
Good Reading Material for Run-Time Adjusted Animations? At work we're working on a game that requires a metric butt load of animation variations due to physical interactions between multiple objects. This probably seems like a really general question, but I was wondering about good reading resources... 
Posted January 7, 2009 11:18:27 PM
tkinter / PyQT / wxPython There are so many options for Python GUI development and I don't really understand the intrinsic differences between them. I've looked their websites and they don't really discuss their "philosophies", which I might use to garner some idea from. ... 
Posted November 4, 2008 7:01:06 PM
Learning Python and a def issue I've started teaching myself Python and I've run into the following issue. The first block is my code and the second block is my result. def print_4 (line): print (line) print (line) print (line) print (line) divider = '+-... 
Posted October 30, 2008 6:19:46 PM
Autodesk acquires XSI! You can check it out here. Autodesk now owns 3DS Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox, and XSI. Absolutely insane. I'm really interested in seeing how XSI's development will be affected. Softimage has gone through a lot of effort to introduce new feat... 
Posted October 24, 2008 2:32:23 PM
Organizing Project Types in Visual Studio? I have no idea how to do this, so I figured I'd go to the infinite wisdom of the Lounge for help. I decided to give some C#/XNA development a try. I installed XNA Game Studio 2, and then after deciding to take a peek at GarageGame's Builder X, I r... 
Posted February 25, 2008 8:49:52 PM
Maya style navigation in Max? I have spent the last couple of years using Maya and the company I work with now uses Max. I am a Game Designer, so I haven't had to do any 3D work since I got here. I have, however, decided to take it upon myself to learn to use Max, to hopefully do... 
Posted January 21, 2008 2:04:10 PM
Portfolio Article Guys, I’m working on an article for GameDev.net about things that are essential (and annoying) in portfolios for artists applying at a game studio. I have things in mind myself, but I was wondering if you guys could provide some additional in... 
Posted November 29, 2007 1:10:12 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
I want to develop for iPhone, but... FlashDevelop is a free IDE based around ActionScript programming. ActionScript is the language used by Flash and is based on ECMAscript, so should be very familiar to you if you've used javascript before. Flex is the open source SDK released... 
Posted January 7, 2011 12:19:34 AM
Indie developer needs your help :) Sure fire way to raise sales? Get it onto Steam and run and introductory sales. 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:05:05 PM
Python Hello World... If you want a good introduction book that includes some of those differences between the 2.x series and the 3.x series, checkout Think Python. It is a free Python book written and used by a professor for several years now, with constant tweaking to i... 
Posted January 6, 2011 3:48:41 PM
I want to develop for iPhone, but... If you're already used to web coding, then you can use FlashDevelop, ActionScript, FLEX, and the Adobe iPhone Packager. They're all free tools. The only thing you have to pay for is the Apple developer fee and an iOS device to test your work ... 
Posted January 6, 2011 3:33:48 PM
Which modeling software should I use? If you really like Max then just use Max. Sure, there are minor differences in the features between Max, Maya, and XSI, but they are just that - minor. Use what you're going to be the most productive in, based on how you work and what you know. 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:57:56 AM
Screenwriter looking to break into game development Creating the game overview is typically the job of the Creative Director, generally with assistance of others. For an overview of game industry positions, look here - IGDA Standardized Roles. 
Posted January 5, 2011 3:44:57 PM
Screenwriter looking to break into game development Let me start off by saying that if I were hiring a writer, and one of the writer potentials sent me an entire film script, I wouldn't read the damn thing. I really do have better things to do that read a 100 page script from a single writing can... 
Posted January 5, 2011 10:57:27 AM
simple WYSIWYG editor I have no idea WTF you're talking about, but have you ever used an app like Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender? Sounds exactly what you're talking about .... well, after it has been expanded past the 'very basic' part. 
Posted January 5, 2011 10:23:04 AM
Screenwriter looking to break into game development 1) I am a movie screenwriter based in Monaco, and I am interested in breaking into the world of video gaming. Cool! What released films did you write? 2) I have an extremely in-depth knowledge of the gaming industry, having been a gamer for o... 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:00:34 PM
How much should I charge for 2D art? What is average? I think Antheus is a bit overboard on what goes into what a contractor should charge, but there is a point to be observed. How long does it take you to make a building tile like that? How much do you want to make per hour? How much rework does y... 
Posted January 3, 2011 10:01:44 PM
View All Replies Made By This User