Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know FridgeRaider...  
Full Name Chris Loyd
Nickname FridgeRaider 
State/Province, Country TN   United States
GD Gathering City Winchester, TN, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 984  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/24/2004 8:32:46 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
things you should and shouldn't do when writing stories I have been writing little worlds on paper since i was 5 when i wrote my first mini-series, The Witch and the House of Stones, on my dad's old computer in the basement. Im 16 now and have found some does and some donts while writing stories... 
Posted November 26, 2004 1:13:59 PM
Compiler Tutorials... I was wondering if anyone knew of any good tutorials or articles that explained indepth about what a compiler actually does. And it would even be more appreciated if there were any on visual c++. Thank you. 
Posted January 8, 2005 12:10:01 AM
An OS question? I was wondering how much work it would be to code an OS. I dont mean something fancy to the tee like windows but something with only the basics like DOS. Also, has anyone on here ever tried to create an OS just for experimental purposes, an... 
Posted January 4, 2005 10:25:51 PM
Gamesoft Studios Seeking Full Staff Gamesoft Studios is a newly formed gaming development studio that is focusing its innovations and energy toward the creation of text-based MUD's. We are looking for a full voluntary staff of experienced game creators who want to stop dreaming abou... 
Posted January 4, 2005 2:13:25 AM
Learning Python im going to try to start learning python tonight and was wondering what good tutorials and books were out there for it 
Posted December 21, 2004 7:09:32 PM
Your three favourites!!! Just to spice up this literaly boring night i decide to make this thread for fun. so here's the idea, someone picks a topic and we have to give are 3 favs of that topic, sound cool. Ok. I decide to take the liberty of making the first topic: ... 
Posted December 20, 2004 9:49:54 PM
What's the deal? I was wondering why no one ever talks about Visual C++? Is it used in game programming or is it not better than the original C++? Also, is Visual Basic better than Visual C++ 
Posted December 17, 2004 6:45:16 AM
What has happened to the MUD??? I was wondering why there hasnt been any releases by any of the big video game publishers of any MUD's(Multi-user Dungeons). With the growing demand for online games on consoles, i think that MUD's would be awesome to put on the PS2 or... 
Posted December 17, 2004 9:33:10 PM
Writer looking for work... Like the topic implies I am a writer looking for work. I have no work experience as a writer for anybody but myself, but I learn quick and get along well with others so that shouldnt be a problem. I am hoping to find work on a MMORPG writing... 
Posted December 20, 2004 7:31:59 PM
Visual Studio 6.0 question I recently recieved Microsoft's Visual Studio 6.0 and was wondering what Visual FoxPro and Visual InterDev actually was used for? 
Posted December 18, 2004 3:45:13 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GAME DISTRIBUTION Quote:Original post by stalion76 I am a lead programer of a small team. We want to develop a small game, that can bi distributed over the internet... But I have a problem with find a distributor for our game. I need some addreses for contact, o... 
Posted February 1, 2005 2:54:22 PM
GAME DEVELOPMENT ISN'T EASY! If anyone is looking to start a company(not just a project team) then i would suggest heading over to www.igda.org. They have many interviews and resources from the best in the industry about how game development should be and how to start. Well t... 
Posted January 26, 2005 3:34:54 PM
Selling conole games online? i think that something like ebay where indie developers could sell their products would be awesome, hopes this works and keep us informed!!! 
Posted January 16, 2005 3:58:22 PM
new idea for new game system i was talking to the original poster, -_- 
Posted January 14, 2005 11:54:57 PM
new idea for new game system Can you tell us a little info about this thing that you have patented, or even proof of it? 
Posted January 14, 2005 11:24:08 PM
new idea for new game system What, like a hologram. Your out of your mind dude. Heres some advice, never post on here that you have the best idea in the world and are looking for a team of ppl to create your idea. That will get you know were. 
Posted January 14, 2005 8:17:39 PM
new idea for new game system LMMFAO, god really does have a sense of humor, and this person shows it, LMAO!!! 
Posted January 14, 2005 7:57:04 PM
Applying as newbie game coder great idea about the laptop and presentation anon poster, this would impress most ppl i think. 
Posted January 11, 2005 7:21:41 PM
Applying as newbie game coder There are advantages and disadvantages to whether you want to get hired by a developer or if you want to get an intern position with a developer. So here they are: Intern(Advantage) - You said earlier about a developer just tossing an intern to th... 
Posted January 11, 2005 6:52:05 AM
Tobacco Advertising also i forgot but in video games your not allowed to have beer advertisements, an example is the Nascar games with the drivers having beer sponsors they had to change them to something different. By the way, we have President Clinton to think for thi... 
Posted January 8, 2005 1:29:27 AM
View All Replies Made By This User