Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ChurchSkiz...  
Full Name Adam 
Nickname ChurchSkiz 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Charlotte, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/30/2005 2:43:35 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Beam me up! Can't believe no one posted this... Photon information teleported over 10 miles I am literally blown away. Reminds me of the stuff from Ender's game, where one moleculish type thing is spliced and immediately information is passed li... 
Posted January 6, 2011 8:38:38 PM
Unity Game Contest Not sure if you guys saw this. Kongregate is throwing up $25k to entice devs to make browser-based Unity games. I know a lot of you already use it and could probably come up with some competitive entries. Unity Game Contest 
Posted December 22, 2010 7:23:27 PM
Alot of grammar I know we have quite a few grammar nazis here. I've never really gotten irked about people who misuse your you're, there there, alot a lot, etc. I read this today and laughed my ass off: The alot monster. But then I got to thinking, you hav... 
Posted December 9, 2010 9:49:13 AM
French Burqa Ban France bans burqas in public Kind of surprising to me that this passed so handedly. As a 1st amendment loving american, it just feels wrong to me. I'm not for oppression of women, but what if they WANT to wear the burqa? I'm also wondering if... 
Posted October 7, 2010 2:42:50 PM
Recurring dreams I have a few recurring dreams that I get at least once a week. One is that a tornado touches down around me. I always get in the car (usually with others) and try to drive away from it. While I'm driving away tons of other tornadoes come... 
Posted September 21, 2010 3:17:23 PM
Fun New SMMS Game Social Multiplayer Mouse Simulator. Transformice Seriously some of the most fun I have had with a casual game in a long time. To sum it up, you are in a room with about 30 other mice trying to collect cheese. One mouse is kind of a dunge... 
Posted August 8, 2010 11:26:34 AM
Farmville / Cyber Nations Killer Saw this one yesterday: Erupblik. I'm thinking it's going to be the Farmville killer. If you were into Cyber Nations, this is similar but with a larger scope. Already 400k players, I'm thinking it'll hit a million pretty soon. [Edited by -... 
Posted May 26, 2010 8:46:32 AM
Happy DBAYROTID today! Don't Believe Anything You Read On The Internet Today. The one magical day of the year where all your wildest fantasies come true, only to be crushed moments later because you forgot what day it was. 
Posted April 1, 2010 6:58:02 AM
Canadians busted for partying Canadian Hockey Women After Victory The IOC is investigating this...seriously? Apparently they have nothing better to do. I can't even believe this is an issue, especially in Canada. What exactly are they going to investigate anyway? It's obvi... 
Posted February 26, 2010 7:30:20 AM
Graphing Calculators.... seriously? The year is 1998. The 56k modem is king. My computer just got upgraded from a 486/dx2 to a pentium 2 300mhz. I am enrolled in pre-calc and need to buy a graphing calculator. I go with the standard TI-83 and drop $100 for it. 2 years later I los... 
Posted January 31, 2010 1:15:07 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
the DRM sweet spot I've always been of the opinion that Indie's make more and get more notoriety by releasing for free and asking for donations. Or releasing extra content for donations or a very small fee. Or asking for donations with a percentage going to charity. ... 
Posted January 6, 2011 6:16:00 PM
New Year's Resolution? I'm thinking about getting a 1080p TV for my main monitor like 24 or 26 inches. Anyone had experience with this bad or good? I'm pretty happy with 16:9, wondering if 16:10 caused anyone any problems at that resolution (ie with games or connectivi... 
Posted January 6, 2011 4:05:58 PM
simple WYSIWYG editor Being drunk and making a bad post on GD.net = OK Being drunk and making a bad post on GD.net, while talking about how drunk you are = not OK 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:24:13 AM
Programming changed? Forever? bools could be true, false, OR maybe! 
Posted January 5, 2011 3:58:53 PM
30th birthday next week... what do? Road trip to vegas. Come on, it'll be fun. 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:32:59 AM
"double buffering" is older than you might think :-) This would be a pretty bad implementation of double buffering. Everything is being done in real time, which kind of defeats the purpose of it. More like an example of a RAID array. 
Posted January 2, 2011 3:46:55 PM
Procedural game idea creation I came up with a great idea that just doubled your programs productivity and opened up market share by 50%. A story about a female... 
Posted January 2, 2011 12:12:12 PM
PC Trivia Buzzers xbox 360 controllers? Cheap gamepads? One button USB mouse (or a regular USB mouse for that matter)? 
Posted January 2, 2011 12:07:45 PM
is ?upgradeing? to from xp to win7 good Quote:Original post by ryan20fun I would like to know about what you gays that have used/ reseerched both os's, Like the pro's and cons of useing win7 fo gamdev and has to be compatible with Xp. Are you presuming that we are all gay, or are you... 
Posted January 1, 2011 8:26:22 AM
Spilt Cola on PC Quote:Original post by themadme Thanks for the replies, Anyway, i cleaned my mobo up with using a light cloth with some vodka Congratulations, you're a moron. I'm amazed you still have a working computer. 
Posted December 29, 2010 1:53:10 PM
View All Replies Made By This User