Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Spoonbender...  
Full Name  
Nickname Spoonbender 
State/Province, Country    Denmark
GD Gathering City Copenhagen, , Denmark
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1769  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/7/2003 1:53:05 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C++ lifetime of temporaries class A { ... ~A(); // non-trivial destructor }; A foo(){ .... return A(); } void bar(){ foo(); // When is the destructor called for the temporary returned from foo()? // Do stuff here } In the above example, foo... 
Posted January 23, 2008 4:37:28 AM
C++ namespaces and VS.Net I'm a bit unsure on how you're "supposed" to work with namespaces in C++. Say, you have a headerfile declaring a class inside a namespace, something like this: namespace foo { class bar { void somefunction(); void someotherf... 
Posted November 25, 2005 11:06:54 AM
UN and the US. Explain this to me... Ok, for ages now, the US has seemed to say the UN was useless, couldn't make or carry out decisions, needed reforms, and generally using that as an excuse for doing their own thing (such as the Iraq war). But now that reforms were being attempted, gu... 
Posted September 14, 2005 6:46:35 AM
[4e4] Definitions of zombies, ninjas and.... Well, how strict are the definitions of the 4 elements? Are zombies dead half-rotten people who've been brought back to life by magic? Or how about the ones in Halo? They seemed pretty zombie-like, but would they qualify here? and ninjas? Are... 
Posted July 19, 2005 1:39:18 PM
DirectInput and localization Been playing around with DirectInput lately, but there's one thing I'm wondering about. How does it deal with international keyboards? How do I detect which non-US keys are pressed? As far as I know, I get an array of 255 chars, each represe... 
Posted June 9, 2005 9:49:14 AM
Any Windows gurus? Retrieving XP Product key I need a bit of help here, I'm afraid. :( I was asked to fix someone's computer. After fighting with spyware and weird errors for a few hours, I decided to just reinstall Windows and start over. All went fine until it asked for the product key. The... 
Posted January 14, 2005 6:43:58 PM
Barebones: MSI Mega I'm looking to buy/build a new computer for my sister, and noticed this: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/slim_pc/slm/pro_slm_detail.php?UID=547 (Hmm, why can't I figure out how to make links? :D) Looks really yummy. Anyone have any experi... 
Posted August 12, 2004 5:19:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Healthcare bill Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:How does the population make a difference when your service users to capita ratio will always be 1. overhead increases exponentially. Service should be the same, but overall costs could balloon quite hefti... 
Posted March 24, 2010 6:16:45 PM
C++0x no more Aw, when I saw the thread title I thought it was some overdramatic "C++0x is ruined! We might as well stick with C++03 now" thread. And then it turns out you're just making a perfectly reasonable point about the delay turning it into C++1x. How... 
Posted July 24, 2009 2:19:43 PM
How to get off the ground? Quote:Original post by Tsakara We're to the stage where we want to start working on programming, getting concept art made, starting to build the world. The problem is no one in our group has the foothold in that field. We need to find pro... 
Posted July 22, 2009 1:01:24 PM
C#-esque properties in C++? I'm not sure I see the big deal. With properties, you can write "x.y = 42;". Without, you have to write "x.y() = 42". (or "x.y(42)" which is even shorter) A whopping two extra characters in the worst case. Is that really a problem? Why are p... 
Posted July 5, 2009 7:36:39 AM
Backpacking in Europe Assuming you can find an affordable way to get around (interrail?), keep in mind that travel times are actually pretty short. Europe is a fairly small continent, so it probably won't break your schedule to drop by something far away from the direct L... 
Posted June 30, 2009 2:43:54 PM
what is a game engine????? Quote:And be sure to check out the Enginuity series Well sure, if you want to shoot yourself in the foot. 
Posted June 15, 2009 5:04:49 AM
Enginuity Party 6? Quote:Original post by owl I'd also be interested in reading more from him. Even when the enginuity series *might* for some people be not very good, I think they are very instructive and enlightening. The problem is if they instruct and enlighten... 
Posted June 14, 2009 10:28:39 AM
MS to sell Windows 7 without IE in Europe EC baawws Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Instead, the EC explicitly wants Microsoft to allow consumers to choose which browser they want to use. And that's a bad thing? Seems a fair goal to me. Which is why the EU is not happy that IE8 gets removed. The go... 
Posted June 13, 2009 3:14:47 PM
C++ (VS 6.0) Question - "long long" Quote:Original post by TylerMoore We have a fully functional working copy of Visual Studio 2008 (the express editions have been giving us major problems), however, compiling on that platform seems to cause a lot of issues with the directX libra... 
Posted May 29, 2009 11:42:46 AM
Team Foundation Server We use it at my workplace, and the one thing that most stands out to me is the performance. Or lack of same. It is amazingly sluggish, at checking in/out, at merging files, at everything. What really amazes me is that for some reason, if a merge... 
Posted April 24, 2009 7:24:09 AM
View All Replies Made By This User