Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SamLowry...  
Full Name  
Nickname SamLowry 
State/Province, Country Brabant   Belgium
GD Gathering City Leuven, Brabant, Belgium
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1515  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/20/2004 7:53:42 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Chapter 2 Extra exercises I (and perhaps others) will be posting some exercises here. These are not really bound to chapter 2, people can make them whenever they want, but the exercises in this thread assume you've read Chapters 1 & 2. Let's see if this'll revitalize this... 
Posted January 17, 2007 9:04:25 AM
Map, Reduce and co. This thread will explain common higher-order functions such as map and reduce (also known as fold) as will it provide some exercises. map map takes a function and a list, and applies the function on every element of the list. The results are... 
Posted May 9, 2007 6:03:29 PM
Aronofsky's Fountain A trailer is finally out for The Fountain (by the same director who did Pi and Requiem for a Dream). It certainly is beautiful, kind of reminds me of The Cell (visually). I've read the graphic novel, it's quite... special, and I can't but have tha... 
Posted July 26, 2006 7:01:32 PM
Reachability of temporaries For an assignment I have to write a few audio filters using the javax.sound.sampled package. You are given bytes, which you have to combine into samples, then separate the channels, apply the filters, interleave the channels and finally convert it ba... 
Posted November 29, 2005 8:23:43 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
(C#) Issues with explicit casts and generic functions Quote:Original post by macnihilist I'm no C# expert, but isn't this simply a boxing issue? object x = 5.0; int y = (int) x; raises an exception. I guess that makes you right. 
Posted September 17, 2010 9:49:41 AM
(C#) Issues with explicit casts and generic functions I have no answer for you, and it puzzles me too. I reproduced the abnormality in a shorter, clearer piece of code: public static void Main( string[] args ) { var dic = new Dictionary<string, object>(); dic["five"] = 5.0; ... 
Posted September 17, 2010 9:22:48 AM
Post your favorite music video (link)! Daan's Icon. I guess I like simplicity. And cowboys dancing with vacuum cleaners. 
Posted August 26, 2010 3:48:53 AM
Best Languages to start with? I would suggest Python for the language, or C# for the tools. Python is a simpler language than C#, which is important when evaluating languages in the context of learning to program. It's useless to start with a complicated language like C++ whic... 
Posted August 12, 2010 3:49:12 AM
Google's Go vs. C++ Quote:Original post by Daaark Quote:Original post by Telastyn We don't give a crap. If only there was a language called Excuse. Very loose syntax, and you aren't responsible for the outcome of the program. This thread has got me reading abo... 
Posted July 30, 2010 5:12:27 AM
Anyone seen Inception yet? Quote:Original post by capn_midnight I'm not even sure we ever even hear her on the phone. We do, but only a few words. She has some kind of accent, probably French so that it fits with Mal's.  
Posted July 25, 2010 6:04:24 AM
Anyone seen Inception yet? Quote:Original post by capn_midnight Wow, you're right. I had completely glossed over Mal (BTW, latin for "bad", or "evil"). Ariadne (BTW, in Greek mythology, Ariadne helps Theseus navigate the Labyrinth and defeat the Minotaur) tells Dom Cobb (shor... 
Posted July 22, 2010 4:29:43 PM
Anyone seen Inception yet? Quote:Original post by shurcool Then how do you explain Cobb's kids being dressed and looking exactly the same way he remembered seeing them the last time, when it must've been quite some time passed since then. They just happen to wear the same... 
Posted July 22, 2010 11:20:31 AM
Anyone seen Inception yet? Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath Observe that on his walk through the airport, none of those characters do more than acknowledge his being there. They're strangers. The dream also made use of "sedation" quite a bit in some pretty funda... 
Posted July 22, 2010 7:56:31 AM
Anyone seen Inception yet? (spoilers) I don't see how the ending would open up a path towards a sequel, it was fairly predictable that such an ambiguity would be inserted at the end. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed by it, it seems too much like "the typical thing t... 
Posted July 21, 2010 8:58:24 PM
View All Replies Made By This User