Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know TheTroll...  
Full Name  
Nickname TheTroll 
State/Province, Country CO   United States
GD Gathering City Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Disabled, software engineer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1431  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/20/2006 10:10:15 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Raknet I would suggest going with Raknet. theTroll 
Posted November 30, 2008 4:04:57 PM
Taskbar and hiding forms This is not an question post but an informational post. This is using C# and .Net 2.0 or later. We have an application that we want to start in the taskbar without showing a form first. The form must be running because it is the core of our ap... 
Posted October 25, 2008 7:40:01 PM
Just a bit frustrating I am not sure if I am the only person that is bothered by this but there may be others out there. We answer a question and they never get back and tell us if it worked on not. I don't want to be patted on the back, I just want to kno... 
Posted October 14, 2008 4:26:25 PM
Questions concering a turned-based space conquest game. I decided to work on a turned-based space conquest game. So I wanted to asked some opinions on what people prefer. I am sure the answers will be all over the place but I am just trying to see what people think. Keep in mind these quest... 
Posted November 7, 2007 3:00:24 PM
Strange question This a nomenclature question. private, public, protected and internal are collectively known as "access modifiers". So what are static, const and readonly collectively known as? I have looked and looked and can't find an answer. theTroll 
Posted August 3, 2007 4:09:53 PM
Reference object assignment by value. Ok, a strange question, for some reason I have never come across this before, so never had to figure out how to do it. Say I have the following. public class MyClass { public int Value; public MyClass(int value) {Value = value} ... 
Posted July 28, 2007 2:43:12 PM
Forums missing We are missing the Workshop week one and two forums. Just in case the Staff did not know. theTroll [Edited by - TheTroll on July 22, 2007 1:46:42 PM] 
Posted July 22, 2007 2:24:11 PM
Catching up... If you came in late, just make sure you post your questions in the correct subgroup. Also remember the first week is a general overview of the language, so you don't need to go in depth over everything. theTroll 
Posted July 18, 2007 9:46:30 AM
Link to the workshop I may just be daft, but on the main forum page I can't find a link to the workshop. I have it bookmarked so I can access it directly, but not sure if everyone in the workshop had it bookmarked. Just thought I would bring this up so that people... 
Posted July 15, 2007 11:37:35 AM
Standard Form Controls in XNA After trying to help the person that was trying to resize the XNA window I have been playing around with standard Forms stuff and seeing if I could get it work in XNA, UI elements in particular (Menus, buttons, textboxes.. ect) Well becuase you ge... 
Posted January 10, 2007 7:04:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Snow Leopard on VMWare? If you want a laptop go with the Macbook Air. The Mac Mini, is just a "desktop" but a very very small one.  
Posted January 4, 2011 10:59:45 PM
Snow Leopard on VMWare? Just get yourself a Mac Mini. Not too bad of price. Look on the Apple Refurbished site they have them now and then.  
Posted January 4, 2011 9:19:04 PM
Ways to avoid the needs and the musts of global variables?? Yeah, I know, I was trying to explain the mindset. I pretty much try to never write code that I wouldn't want to use again. theTroll 
Posted January 2, 2011 8:41:43 PM
Ways to avoid the needs and the musts of global variables?? I guess I will jump in this really quickly. There is a huge difference between writing a game (in which much of the code will never be used again), and writing an application that is going to be maintained for many many years. Maintaining code... 
Posted January 2, 2011 8:26:06 PM
Stupid mac problem, please help Put in Disk 1 of the Mac OS disks. Restart the computer, press and hold C. Release the C key after the Apple Hardware Test appears on your display and indicates that it is loading. Test the keyboard. My guess is that it is going to fai... 
Posted December 28, 2010 5:51:27 PM
[C#] How can I speed up float truncation? float value = 1.0023378734f; int truValue = (int)(value + 0.0005)*10000; value = truValue/10000; Give that a try. Did it quick so there might be a lil error in it. theTroll 
Posted December 28, 2010 10:09:16 AM
Few Newbie questions and some C# code i can help a with 'c'. Don't overload OnPaint on a form. Will almost always causes performance issues. Overloading OnPaint on an individual control is fine, but on a form, just causes problems. There are lots of reasons you... 
Posted December 27, 2010 7:36:45 PM
Windows OS: What the weaknesses that everyone talks about Most of the complaints are not about the Windows OS but about applications written for the OS. People don't follow the rules and bad things happen. Windows slowing down is not inherit to the OS but because of the applications installed. Same g... 
Posted December 18, 2010 12:21:14 PM
I need level editor For most games that you design, you also have to make the level editor. It is really not that hard to do. The nice part is you get to control what is allowed in the game and what is not allowed. The bad part, is well you have another thing to do.... 
Posted December 14, 2010 3:55:08 PM
iPhone dev-- Hard Coding vs GameSalad vs Corona etc...?? If you want to work on the iPhone, you pretty much should learn Objective-C and learn how to use XCode. It is really not that hard. It is a bit strange when you first start but you can get the hang of it in no time if you know any other OO lang... 
Posted December 14, 2010 3:53:24 PM
View All Replies Made By This User