Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know brandogon...  
Full Name Brandon Sullwold
Nickname brandogon 
State/Province, Country CO   United States
GD Gathering City Fort Collins, CO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.brandonsullwold.com 
ICQ ID 485428205 
AIM ID brandogon 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description Computer Science 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/26/2007 8:23:32 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
C# Workshop - Supplemental Text Quote:Original post by Telastyn I think that the traffic will increase a little once we hit the project and people have something (interesting) to do and actual code to discuss. Quote:Original post by foolios It would be awesome if we could... 
Posted July 22, 2007 5:14:38 PM
Unsure I can fully carry on with this workshop Quote:Original post by Daerax All hidden participating students should cease lurking and interact, creating a community will make it easier to post and keep the project going. I'm definately still active, just on vacation away from home. I'... 
Posted July 19, 2007 8:58:06 PM
C# Exercise based off previous C++ Workshop Quote:Original post by Zahlman But it is, basically, what you should be doing, *not* the first way. The second way is more maintainable; you won't need to change things if the enum contents change. Please keep in mind that "explicit" does not equal... 
Posted July 7, 2007 4:50:29 AM
C# Exercise based off previous C++ Workshop I decided to play around with this and came up with two solutions. The first solution uses a switch, but not a new enum. System.ConsoleColor matches up nicely. It's the better of the two solutions. The second solution is, well, interesting.... 
Posted July 6, 2007 7:55:31 PM
Gamedev's Summer Reading Giveaway! The Newbie Enters,I'm Making The Quake Killer!Where Do I Start, d00d? 
Posted July 6, 2007 5:10:02 PM
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 & 2) - Advanced Quote:Original post by Nunyah Quote:Original post by JWalsh If you've found the above a more human-readable format for learning beginning C#, please let me know. Note, this is again just an overview of the information in week 1. If this format re... 
Posted July 6, 2007 4:45:14 AM
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 & 2) - Advanced Quote:Original post by JWalsh *snip* (It's good practice according to the Microsoft C# style Guideline to name Properties the same as their data types whenever possible) *snip* I searched both MSDN and Google trying to find this ... 
Posted July 5, 2007 9:29:07 PM
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 & 2) - Advanced 15. When are forward declarations needed in C#? From the specs: Forward declarations are never needed in C# because, with very few exceptions, declaration order is insignificant. When might there be an exception? 
Posted July 2, 2007 10:07:41 PM
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 & 2) - Advanced Quote:Original post by JWalsh public class Rectangle { public int Area { get { return m_Height * m_Width; } } protected int m_Height; protected int m_Width; } The only question I have about g... 
Posted July 1, 2007 11:31:35 PM
C# Workshop - Week 1 (Ch. 1 & 2) - Advanced Here's my first week's exercise. I abused the static constructor of the MyNameIs class and removed the namespace to see if it worked--and it did! This is probably a good example of bad design but it works. class MyNameIs { static MyNameI... 
Posted July 1, 2007 10:28:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User