Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Ezbez...  
Full Name Tom 
Nickname Ezbez 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1642  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/10/2005 4:36:08 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
XNA - Mouse coordinates while windowed For the moment, my XNA game isn't running 100% of the time in full screen simply because it's not happy if (certainly not when) a crash occurs. I might have it full screen only upon release, but that remains to be seen. Either way, I've noticed... 
Posted November 23, 2007 4:38:25 PM
So I wrote a Lisp ApochPiQ suggested in a thread on practicing recursion writing a simple Lisp dialect interpreter. I took that suggestion. With an almost shockingly small amount of Python code, I have a working Lisp interpreter. So far, I've avoided the harder p... 
Posted July 10, 2010 4:22:17 PM
Chapter 3 Chapter 3 discussions go here. 
Posted April 1, 2007 6:11:23 AM
Flatland: The Video Game What if a video game took place in Flatland? It is not the Victorian era social commentary of Flatland that resonates as a game play mechanic but the introduction of higher dimensions to a previously "flat" 2D world. A Square, with the help of his... 
Posted January 5, 2010 1:46:10 PM
Controller latency This is a decent article trying to quantify a not-uncommon problem with video games; unresponsive or laggy controls. I like that this issue is being examined and measured and I hope that game companies will try to measure this before releasing their... 
Posted January 7, 2010 9:50:24 AM
Why is this unforgivably slow? I had the itch to write some fast code yesterday - speed is something I generally don't consider and don't need to consider, but it sounded kinda fun and certainly educational to learn how to profile and optimize code. Well, so I booted up the ol'... 
Posted July 2, 2009 6:26:26 AM
Could this be fun? A chasing-based game. So I've started a really small and simple programming project for fun just recently. I'm making a little "toy" with various units. Each unit has its unique movement style, and the idea is to see them chase each other. It's the classic "can the s... 
Posted April 25, 2009 7:59:25 AM
[Scheme] Concurrency So I'm working slowly through Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, but I've really hit a stumbling block on this concurrency section (section 3.4). Take, for example, exercise 3.42. I don't see any difference (logically, that is... 
Posted April 6, 2009 4:56:13 PM
[Scheme] Implementing a Deque I've finally decided to continue reading Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs again. I haven't touched it much since the workshop, but lately I've been making good progress. I've got a question now about Exercise 3.23 in Section 3.3.2. I... 
Posted March 21, 2009 6:17:13 AM
Computer doesn't turn on, makes an odd tone Firstly, sorry if this shouldn't be posted here, it's definitely a tech support question and this isn't a tech support forum. However, the sticky seems to say that you can ask tech support questions. Now, onto the actual problem. I've got you... 
Posted January 21, 2007 5:23:32 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.net Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Intel/AMD processors are obviously faster than ARM, but they are doing so while drawing 10's of watts, if not 100's of watts. ARM power usage is measured in *milliwatts*. ! I, for one, would be interested... 
Posted January 6, 2011 3:57:16 PM
My First Game: "Paipa Mundo" UPDATE 06/01 Now is in English Congratulations on finishing a game, that's always an achievement. When I was playing, I hit an enemy, then was sent back to the start of the level. However, I was floating above the tree stumps without falling. I couldn't jump either, so I was... 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:20:11 AM
RTS (diablo) game in HTML 5 igo88 - Diablo is an action RPG (other RPGs include Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect, Fallout and Elder Scrolls series). Some RTSs are Starcraft, Age of Empires, and Command and Conquer. Since there is a fairly big difference for networking between the two... 
Posted January 4, 2011 4:19:38 PM
completely new! What part of your question hasn't been answered yet? 
Posted January 2, 2011 7:54:25 PM
[source] tags is too large if the code itself isn't really large. But code tags insert extra spacing above and below - just click "edit" on jbadams's post to see that its necessary to put the code block on the same line as the next one in order to get nice spacing. I use tt tags for short snippits... 
Posted January 1, 2011 8:39:10 AM
Can I use 'Venture' instead of 'Adventure' in my game name? What will be the full title? Edit: If you're going for a light-hearted feel for the title, then using 'Venture instead of Adventure could work since the apostrophe indicates that it is being shortened. But I would definitely ask a native speaker (... 
Posted December 29, 2010 10:25:42 AM
How to determine the distance between two computers by their IP adress In addition, if you simply have the IP addresses of two computers (without access to one or the other), you could only determine the ping from your computer to theirs. This would get you an (approximate) upper bound of the sum of the pings... 
Posted December 29, 2010 9:40:37 AM
The GameDev.net Daily One thing about Google suggesting "Humble Indie Bundle torrent" is that the actual game downloads are given as torrents as well as traditional downloads, so some of the hits may be related to that, not the high level of pirating. 
Posted December 24, 2010 11:28:49 AM
Simple 2D ball spinning off a wall I think this can be done well without being complicated. Let's make an important assumption: the part of the ball that touches the wall "sticks" entirely and does not slide at all. Then, consider a ball coming in at an angle to the wall. Suppose it c... 
Posted December 24, 2010 11:12:18 AM
Humble Indie bundle 2?! Bump with a heads-up: there's only just over a day remaining to get in on this! And again, if you hadn't heard, buying this one for more than the average price gets you the first bundle as well. Too much indie goodness for me to pa... 
Posted December 24, 2010 10:04:08 AM
View All Replies Made By This User