Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know draconar...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname draconar 
State/Province, Country sao paulo
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1020  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/15/2009 10:14:08 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
visual studio express vs. visuial studio full Hi guys, as I had to format my HD and reinstall everything again, I was planning to give visual studio full (2008) a try. I had this cd I won from MS for ages on my desk, but was just too lazy to install it and kept on using the express... 
Posted December 11, 2010 9:08:10 AM
How to delete a row in a vectorvectorstring ? Hi, I don't have the access to the code right now, but it is easy to visualize it. I have a vector<vector<string> > filled correctly with all my data. I'm iterating over it using a vector<vector<string> >::iterator. Wheneve... 
Posted December 1, 2010 6:39:09 PM
when a class is in the Heap, where are its members? hi, a question that torments me for so much time. Suppose I'm at the main() function and NEWed a class on the heap. X x = new X; and this X class holds inside itself many huge data structures like maps, sets, vectors, etc. But they a... 
Posted December 1, 2010 8:02:49 PM
Software Engineering books Hello all, After some time, I'm finally managing to get a grip on the C++ language and its libraries, deal with compilers, linkers, etc. I even got my first prototype up and running with a reasonable frame rate, etc. My questions and my pr... 
Posted November 15, 2010 7:40:42 AM
[C++] Operator overload extravaganza Hi all, I'm reading C++ gotchas and there is this code snippet that I can't fully understand. The author is making a point about the uses of infix and noninfix uses for overloaded operators. Telling when we should just call it as a function or... 
Posted November 18, 2010 11:38:00 AM
Linker error, but you're going to solve it with one shot Hi, guys. I'm trying to create a header file holding constants and helper functions. These functions will get the range of an ID and other very simple calculation. Well, so I wrote it as: constants.h . . . int checkIDrange(int ID) { ... 
Posted October 24, 2010 5:59:32 PM
Design basics: Callbacks and Listeners classes Hello all, It is weird why it took me so long to post this topic. But the problem is: I'm writing the physics manager of my game engine and I still can't see to -really- grasp the concept of callbacks and listener classes. To be specific, I'm u... 
Posted October 13, 2010 6:49:43 PM
Visual Studio - which files to version Hi all, I'm using visual studio 2008 (express) and the SVN service of Assembla (which I recommend) and I want to know which files should I version and which ones should I ignore when committing to the SVN - besides the obvious .c, .cpp, .h, e... 
Posted October 11, 2010 8:30:58 PM
How to connect the entities manager with the physics manager? Hi all, I'm implementing Box2D in my game engine and it is working alright. Box2d, not the engine, that's it. In the box2d's manual there is a reference to an "actor pointer", where he attachs the physics info to. Here goes what he says abo... 
Posted October 7, 2010 5:21:22 PM
Design Patterns + Algorithms Hello all! I want your impressions on these 2 topics. What Design Patters you think every game developer should know? What about data structures + algorithms? What are the bare minimum a game developer should have under his belt? A separation... 
Posted September 20, 2010 10:13:27 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to delete a row in a vectorvectorstring ? Hi, Belphegor. 1. for template declarations, typename & class are equivalent. Just a matter of personal taste. I prefer typename, since it sounds more "mathematically" correct to me. 2. think the item was a typo.. since the typename will be av... 
Posted December 3, 2010 6:34:37 AM
How to delete a row in a vectorvectorstring ? man, what a thoroughly reply. Thank you very much. Know what? I was always afraid of functors, but I gave it a try and worked flawlessly (and fast). 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:50:56 AM
How to delete a row in a vectorvectorstring ? cool! I try it later. So basically I can tell vector.erase() to get the address of the row and it will deal with it. Then there is no need to remove the elements that each Row holds. Maybe that was my problem. thanks! 
Posted December 1, 2010 7:24:39 PM
Software Engineering books hi guys, thanks for the tips! I already have code complete & the GoF Patterns book but haven't read both of 'em. I tried the GoF, but found it incredible difficult (but I was much greener in OOP then..) What you guys think about Martin Fowler's... 
Posted November 18, 2010 8:07:13 PM
[C++] Operator overload extravaganza Quote:Original post by SiCrane this is a pointer to the current object. *this is a reference to the current object. So you could break &*(*this) into a series of statements: Iter & self = *this; value_type & reference_to_element = *self; // use... 
Posted November 18, 2010 2:42:44 PM
Linker error, but you're going to solve it with one shot Quote:Original post by Promit Function definitions in a header need to be marked inline. I knew you guys would nail it with one shot! the question is: why the function need to be inlined? at every header file insertion is the function being... 
Posted October 24, 2010 6:17:45 PM
Design basics: Callbacks and Listeners classes Quote:Original post by jyk What language are you using? I think it's likely your best resource might be the testbed examples that come with Box2D. There are (or at least were) some examples that showed how to respond to various events (e.g. remov... 
Posted October 14, 2010 6:45:10 AM
Visual Studio - which files to version thank you very much! you just saved many many kb from flying aimlessly over the interwebs :D 
Posted October 13, 2010 8:38:45 AM
How to connect the entities manager with the physics manager? guys? is anybody in there? 
Posted October 8, 2010 5:57:07 PM
How smart is a smart pointer? Quote:Original post by Antheus It's OK, Microsoft is wrong too. They keep using the term STL in their documentation. So does IBM. And Intel. And everyone else. this is it! I got even more confused because of these series on the STL by micr... 
Posted September 3, 2010 12:33:12 PM
View All Replies Made By This User