Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mind in a box...  
Full Name  
Nickname mind in a box 
State/Province, Country Schleswig-Holstein   Germany
GD Gathering City Eckernforde, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1080  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/20/2010 3:33:42 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[w]techportal opens its gates to the world! Official Release [w]techportal opens its gates to the world! Today we release our portal for all people who are interested in [w]tech and who are planning to work on a project using [w]tech. Of course we will update our ModDB entry regularly... 
Posted December 28, 2010 6:18:28 AM
Ray/Line intersection in 3D I found an enormous number of threads discussing how to do this in 2D, but none of them seemed to have a nice solution for the 3rd dimension. What I would like to do is to get the intersection between a ray and a line. Why? In my engine's editor... 
Posted December 6, 2010 7:25:48 AM
Editor GUI design: Property-Box Hi everyone! I just coded a property system for my engine, and now I need to make it available to the user who is using the engines editor. The GUI of my engine is built on top of native Direct2D, everything is self made. So I can make cha... 
Posted December 2, 2010 4:47:05 AM
[D3D11] The ghost inside my engine... (Strange Instancing issue) Hi GDNet. I decided to put instancing into my engine, and I finally got to the point where it renders something again. Well, it renders gibberish, so that I would say some of my inputs are completely wrong, but they're not. Not completely. To t... 
Posted November 7, 2010 9:45:37 AM
[C++] Incomplete type error So I wanted to write my own cool timer which supports the calling of member functions. I used the boost::function before and it worked very well, but this time I get an "Incomplete type"-error when using it. My code goes as following: #inclu... 
Posted November 12, 2010 10:21:06 AM
[HLSL] Function style Makro without parmeters Hi! I wrapped up my lighting functions into useful functions to give my artist easier access to the lighting in the shaders. I wrote some functions which do the needed standard computations, taking some input parameters which are the same every ti... 
Posted November 6, 2010 1:18:51 PM
[D3D11/D2D] Mutex seems to fail... Hi GameDev! I'm currently on that D3D11 with D2D thingy and there seems to be a problem with the mutexes. When I call this code: //Sync the texture with D3D10 hr = SharedTexture->GetKeyedMutex10()->AcquireSync(0, INFINITE); ... 
Posted October 19, 2010 8:53:12 PM
Rendering Lights: Geometry vs. fullscreen quad I implemented the LightPrePass into my engine a while ago, using spheres to render my point lights. Since a sphere isn't a fullscreen quad, I can't use Cryteks method to reconstruct the worldspace position from my depth buffer. (I'm using D3D11, s... 
Posted October 19, 2010 12:20:05 PM
[C++] Unhandled exception with win32 dialogs Hi all! First of all: I'm a bit tired right now, so maybe I just missed something in my code. I wrote a little wrapper for win32 dialogs that gives me the ability to put the MsgProc into my class instead of having a global function. Unfortun... 
Posted October 8, 2010 2:14:38 PM
[D3D11] Depth buffer does nothing Hey, with the recode of the core of my engine, most rendering functionality was gone. That was also the case with the depth buffer, and now I would like to re-implement it finally. However, I would not post here if that would work out of the box. ... 
Posted October 1, 2010 2:30:59 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
swprintf acting weird Why are you using swprintf anyways? What's about this: LRESULT CallTest(AlButton* sender, Point2<int> Mousepos) { //Get the text from the editbox std::wstring text = eb->GetText(); MessageBox(sender->GetParent()->GetHand... 
Posted January 2, 2011 4:07:39 PM
Zero Ballistics - tactical tank game Hi, I wanted to try your game. I installed it without any problems, but when I start the game, the menu shows up only for a second or two, then the game seems to get minimized and I am back on my desktop. My OS is Windows7, GPU is GeForc... 
Posted January 1, 2011 7:41:32 AM
Looking for an implementation of finding the closest two points of 2 3D line segments I don't know if this helps you, but I had a thread about a Ray/Line intersection a while ago. A ray is most nearly a line, maybe you can modify it so it stops after a given distance, making it a line. Here it is: *here* The code posted there wo... 
Posted December 30, 2010 6:00:05 PM
Cyrus Script is now open source Hey, I just downloaded and compiled your package. I thought I inform you about the error you get because of the missing "unistd.h" on windows. It gets #included in lex.cpp, line 26. Commenting that line out seems to have fixed the problem. 
Posted December 30, 2010 9:32:51 AM
Deleting Pointers??? Quote: I do know that after doing this, the memory used to store the value 5 is returned to the "heap", but is it possible to do this with class instances? Short answer: Yes. Just put the name of it in there: SomeClass* pointer = new Some... 
Posted December 28, 2010 1:40:01 PM
-CHECK OUT YOUR PRESENTS (in the OP)!- The Gamedev Super Secret Secret Santa Thread! Thanks for the Video szecs [grin] I will watch it when it finished the download. [wink] Pic related: http://s10.directupload.net/file/d/2386/oobuo4ry_jpg.htm  
Posted December 27, 2010 5:53:28 AM
Since when can't you use a variable in a char array in c++? Just for completeness: 6) char* Guessed = new char[len]; But don't forget to delete[] it afterwards! delete[] Guessed;  
Posted December 26, 2010 5:08:50 PM
-CHECK OUT YOUR PRESENTS (in the OP)!- The Gamedev Super Secret Secret Santa Thread! Then someone will get 2 gifts and anotherone will get nothing? 
Posted December 26, 2010 12:33:55 PM
-CHECK OUT YOUR PRESENTS (in the OP)!- The Gamedev Super Secret Secret Santa Thread! Everything zipped up and sent! 
Posted December 24, 2010 9:12:17 PM
-CHECK OUT YOUR PRESENTS (in the OP)!- The Gamedev Super Secret Secret Santa Thread! Mine's finished so far. I just let some friends test it ATM. You should get it within the next hour or so. 
Posted December 24, 2010 8:43:16 PM
View All Replies Made By This User