Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SiCrane...  Staff
Full Name  
Nickname SiCrane 
State/Province, Country IL   United States
GD Gathering City Vernon Hills, IL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 2073  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/10/1999 1:00:00 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/sicrane/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Free Microsoft development tools for students Microsoft has just announced Microsoft DreamSpark. This is a program that allows students of high schools and accredited universities to download, for free, a number of Microsoft development tools. This includes Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professi... 
Posted February 19, 2008 9:26:12 AM
MSVC 2010 Sanity Check I need a sanity check on some things I'm seeing with MSVC 2010. And as far as I can tell, I'm fully up to date with both the Visual Studio installation (Professional, in case it matters) and the help files. First, with /W4 the code if (0) {}... 
Posted April 18, 2010 10:22:48 PM
Official English As I've mentioned before, I'm currently taking a class on linguistics. Right now I'm working on a project involving the Official English movement and need to get the opinions of others on the topic. Basically the Official English movem... 
Posted November 24, 2009 12:20:10 PM
Looking for a volunteer for a linguistics interview As part of my ongoing quest to keep an educational discount on software, I've been taking a course on linguistics at my local community college. Right now I'm writing a paper on second language acquisition, and I need a volunteer... 
Posted October 8, 2009 3:29:48 PM
Evil MSVC-specific dynamic dispatch trick Ok, I got bored, and sometimes when I get bored I try to see what kind of abominations I can slip past my compiler. Some of you might remember this post where I talk about some evil things you can do to implement your own RTTI mechanisms on top... 
Posted August 24, 2009 2:01:57 PM
Revision 441 doesn't compile if AS_MAX_PORTABILITY is defined With revision 441 (the current head), if AS_MAX_PORTABILITY is defined as_arrayobject.cpp doesn't compile. It seems like #include "as_objecttype.h" is missing for the file. 
Posted July 11, 2009 4:57:46 PM
AngelScript exceptions Right now the behavior of AngelScript exceptions is that when an exception is raised, the context first calls the exception callback and then cleans the stack. Would it be possible to delay cleaning the stack until Abort() is called? 
Posted April 24, 2009 12:51:02 PM
Problem using implicit value cast to a user registered type With the current WIP revision (398) I can't seem to get asBEHAVE_IMPLICIT_VALUE_CAST to work when the type being cast to is not a built-in type. Sample code: #include "angelscript.h" #include <cassert> #include <cstdio> void Messa... 
Posted April 18, 2009 3:39:14 PM
Current WIP (rev 383) doesn't compile with AS_MAX_PORTABILITY Pretty much what the thread title says. The current WIP (rev 383) doesn't compile when AS_MAX_PORTABILITY is defined. as_scriptstruct.cpp and as_arrayobject.cpp have some references to the deprecated asIScriptGeneric::GetReturnPointer() function. 
Posted March 24, 2009 10:59:04 AM
asIScriptModule AddRef/Release I'm having some trouble with asIScriptModule objects being destroyed while I'm still using them. I've been using module->GetEngine()->AddRef() and module->GetEngine()->Release() to use the ref counts on the engine, but with revisions... 
Posted February 7, 2009 9:21:16 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Memory Block Assert when virtual func is declared. One thing I notice right away is that your ARRAY_ITEM class lacks a virtual destructor. In general, if you use a class as a base class it should have a virtual destructor. 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:54:22 AM
Pointer to a pointer? The C++ standard explicitly states that function parameters that differ only in * vs [] are equivalent (section 13.1 paragraph 3). However, there's a long standing bug in the MSVC compiler that makes functions declared with * vs. [] have differe... 
Posted January 4, 2011 5:55:10 PM
Dynamic memory allocation in a constructor Quote:Original post by sooner123 What about the very first new? Every time you call new you must call delete. Every time you call new [] you must call delete []. It doesn't matter if it's the first time or the second time or the one millionth... 
Posted January 3, 2011 1:20:10 PM
Dynamic memory allocation in a constructor You're still leaking memory. For every new there must be a delete and for every new [] there must be a delete []. 
Posted January 3, 2011 11:30:48 AM
the boost::multi_array assignment operator You're doing nothing wrong, this is a known bug with boost::mult_array and MSVC 2010. 
Posted January 3, 2011 8:48:23 AM
memory access mismatch: how should I debug this? What are the exact types of all the variables involved? 
Posted January 2, 2011 8:36:03 PM
Class initializing issues Is levelHole supposed to be a member variable or a member function? 
Posted January 2, 2011 7:25:37 PM
How much should I charge for 2D art? What is average? I'm moving this thread to the Visual Arts forum and deleting your cross post. 
Posted January 2, 2011 7:09:20 PM
G++ compiler being weird. Actually that change makes it sound like you've got two copies of your entity header lying around and one source file or header file is including the one you're currently working on and another source or header file is including the ol... 
Posted January 2, 2011 7:07:34 PM
G++ compiler being weird. Well first check to make sure that your version of g++ is up to date. If that doesn't help then make a copy of your project and start deleting stuff until you can identify exactly whats making things go screwy or get down to a minimal compilable code... 
Posted January 1, 2011 6:32:19 PM
View All Replies Made By This User