Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Ryan Clark...  
Full Name  
Nickname Ryan Clark 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://gpwiki.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1075  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/29/2004 11:18:47 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GPWiki.org Tutorial Writing Contest, with cash prizes! The Game Programming Wiki is having a game development tutorial contest. If you think you have what it takes to write a great tutorial on some aspect of game development, you could win up to $200USD in prize money! For more details, see the... 
Posted November 18, 2005 6:37:52 PM
Grubby Games releases "Professor Fizzwizzle"! This is just a quick note to let you all know that, at long last, we've released our first game, Professor Fizzwizzle! If you're interested in a description of the game, please visit our website. The final version can be downloaded here: Windo... 
Posted July 3, 2005 8:50:34 PM
The Game Programming Wiki Opens! Hi All, We've just moved The Game Programming Wiki over to a new dedicated server, and have officially launched the site. At gpwiki.org you will find game programming tutorials and source code for all languages and platforms. And, because it is... 
Posted September 14, 2004 11:27:31 PM
The Game Programming Wiki Opens The Game Programming Wiki OpensPosted by: Ryan Clark at September 14, 2004 10:27:44 AMThe Game Programming Wiki has moved to a dedicated server, and is now officially open! When you visit, you’ll find game programming tutorials and source code... 
Posted September 14, 2004 10:27:44 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
You asked for it, you got it: Wiki! (alpha) Hi all, From my perspective, the ideal solution would be to simply share a wiki database with GameDev.net. That way, you guys can have your own skin on the wiki, and GPWiki can have its own skin. You can point to the wiki via wiki.gamedev.n... 
Posted February 15, 2008 12:14:55 PM
You asked for it, you got it: Wiki! (alpha) Thanks for your candor, Oluseyi. Honestly, I am willing to give away the wiki and the domain if it would be best for the internet's game development community at large. I'm not in this to make money; you don't have to buy me out. I am in this to... 
Posted February 14, 2008 1:56:46 PM
You asked for it, you got it: Wiki! (alpha) Hi everyone, Oluseyi has contacted me, and we are discussing the issue. I am certainly open to all proposals, as long as they will benefit the wiki and the internet's game development community at large. Also, I wanted to point out that it may... 
Posted February 14, 2008 12:19:55 PM
Grubby Games releases "Professor Fizzwizzle"! Hi everyone, Thanks for the kind feedback! I just got back from vacation, so I apologize for the delay in my reply. I do plan to write a postmortem, although it probably won't happen for another month or so (I'm in the process of moving across... 
Posted July 18, 2005 4:36:04 PM
Grubby Games releases "Professor Fizzwizzle"! It took two of us 9 months (full time) to finish, so the major expense was not having any job/income during that time! I did the programing, and Matt did the graphics. We hired Michael Huang for the sound/music. I'm glad it reminds some of you o... 
Posted July 7, 2005 8:51:13 AM
Grubby Games releases "Professor Fizzwizzle"! Credit for the awesome music and sound effects should go to Michael Huang at Game Noise. We hired Michael on contract to handle the audio side of things, and as you can see he did an amazing job. 
Posted July 6, 2005 4:06:06 PM
Grubby Games releases "Professor Fizzwizzle"! Thanks very much for the kind replies! I'm glad you enjoy the game :) And as for the game programming wiki; we're happy to provide hosting for it! I think it's important to give back to the game programming community, as I certainly wouldn't be... 
Posted July 5, 2005 7:18:57 AM
Post Your Button: Last Update [jeff.hopkinsmultimedia.com]: 120+ Buttons! The Game Programming Wiki http://gpwiki.org "Game programming tutorials and source code for all languages and platforms!" Our link buttons can be found here: http://gpwiki.org/index.php/GPWiki_Link_Buttons I guess gpwiki would fall under t... 
Posted June 16, 2005 3:08:22 PM
a blue mask[SDL] Well, if you have two different bitmap versions of the sprite, you could just display a different version when you click on it. Wouldn't that work? Ryan 
Posted May 5, 2005 1:04:06 PM
File Read/Write with Allegro? Instead of fstream, you could instead just use fopen, fread, and fwrite. Ryan 
Posted May 5, 2005 1:01:57 PM
View All Replies Made By This User