Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Ilici...  
Full Name Andrei Stoian
Nickname Ilici 
State/Province, Country Aquitaine   France
GD Gathering City Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1506  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/23/2003 2:01:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Rotation under varying force This is quite a tough one. I'm working on a flight simulation and aircraft are modeled as a rigid solid moving under drag. I'm making the AI system so I need to plan a path for the airplane - thus i need to spin it around so it points in th... 
Posted June 16, 2009 9:27:36 AM
Impostor texture allocation I'm working on a cloud system using impostors and it is currently working quite well, only that I'm using a single impostor texture resolution. I want to be able to render far-away impostors to lower resolution textures than the near o... 
Posted April 26, 2009 11:56:31 AM
Friend classes weirdness This has been bugging me lately... Let's say I have 3 classes: EDIT: changed private to protected in base, TestFriend* with tpl* in BaseTpl, added more members, replaced A with TestFriend template <tpl> class BaseTpl<tpl> { B... 
Posted March 4, 2009 5:51:11 AM
Bluetooth Headset I'm looking into buying a bluetooth headset, something like this. I have a bag in which I carry my cellphone and when driving, if I get a call it's quite annoying to try to get it out with one hand or wait for a stoplight. Moreover, I hate h... 
Posted January 5, 2009 5:17:21 PM
Critique my hardware configuration + what games to play on it? It's been a long long time since I bought a brand new PC - about 8 years actually. I did get a laptop in this time but it's of no great use to gaming. Since I've got a new job as a game programmer I figured I need a new machine to play the current ga... 
Posted July 31, 2008 11:24:25 AM
Need advice on dealing with my bosses I work for a small company which does contracting, so now we've got to develop a product which includes a web site. So I've estimated the cost for the programming part which I'll be doing and the cost for the design which would be done by someone els... 
Posted March 28, 2008 9:40:49 AM
UK living I'll be living in Nottingham for a couple of months, working with one of the company's clients. We are still negotiating the pay I'll be getting, but as it looks now, excluding housing, I'll be living off 170 quid per week. Do you think that wou... 
Posted February 12, 2008 5:05:42 PM
Looking for testing management software We have a pretty big project at work which involves a web application calling reports which, in turn, call a bunch of SQL procedures. Currently the testing strategy is pretty bad: testers run the app and look over the interface and the reports just c... 
Posted December 14, 2007 1:52:02 PM
Learning programming. Creating heuristics and algorithms While teaching programming to my girlfriend, I've come across a gap in learning literature about programming dealing with heuristics and exercises that help shape the mind into creating algorithms. Most of the books follow the same style: "L... 
Posted September 9, 2007 6:03:27 AM
More routing problems, 2 router lan Right, so I have this setup: 2 internet connections from different ISPs. One goes into a linux box which does routing and the other goes into a TrendNet hardware router. There is also a switch to which all the computers on the network are li... 
Posted September 27, 2006 6:57:47 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Cyberlympics.com looking for AI-Contestants That's pretty impressive and looks like fun. What's the main challenge in coding a bot? Do you need to make separate bots for single tanks and formations? I'd change the site layout a bit if you want to attract users. I think this year's Google AI... 
Posted November 11, 2010 1:44:52 PM
Sensation of Speed I'm working on a flight sim game and I can tell you, the problem with creating a good sensation of speed has been incredibly tricky. What gives you a good sensation: - detail textures help out quite a bit - they give you a lot of moving pi... 
Posted January 26, 2010 3:01:14 PM
The USD is falling in value: What to do if/when/before/after it collapses? Ugh.. have you actually checked the rates? The USD is at 2008 levels, which is quite low but then again gold investment isn't doing extraordinary well either. 
Posted September 15, 2009 1:38:13 AM
Internet Boosters Quote:Original post by worldextermination Thanks for the info, but wouldn't the OS be better suited to everyone's needs (indeed what they market it for) if Microsoft itself used better runtime libraries to better suit their target audience? Because... 
Posted July 25, 2009 4:10:41 AM
Parabolic motion smoothing You could try using an exponential function for the angle (not ang velocity), something like: 1-exp(-x*5) On the 0-1 interval it increases quite fast at start and slows down quite a lot at the end. Now if you have a full flown physics en... 
Posted June 28, 2009 4:16:26 AM
[SOLVED] Physics 2D drag problem Quote:Original post by NotTheCommonDose I'm starting to get the feeling that setting a maximum velocity as a result of drag isn't going to be simple. It's not simple but not too hard either: Write the equations of motion: F = a - k*v; v =... 
Posted June 24, 2009 3:56:11 AM
Logic to keep vehicle on course. My solution was something like this: It ensures you hit all your waypoints. 
Posted June 16, 2009 11:48:30 AM
Logic to keep vehicle on course. First of all you need to determine what is your minimum turn radius. If you can turn at 3 degrees per second at speed S you get: R = v / w = v / (TORAD(3)) Now take points B and C. Construct the vector from B to C. Take the perpendicular to it... 
Posted June 16, 2009 11:32:17 AM
why do developers waste electricity on free games or programs? Quote:Original post by Oberon_Command Quote:Original post by MikeTacular Quote:Original post by Samith Oh god I just wasted so much electricity reading this thread! Why!?!?I hope you're happy knowing that you're the reason the ice caps are meltin... 
Posted June 10, 2009 2:41:23 AM
Ex done stole my wii! A! Time for the classic head-butting into the tits eh? 
Posted June 7, 2009 12:31:35 PM
View All Replies Made By This User