Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Washu...  Curiously Tentacled Community Manager
Full Name Sean Kent
Nickname Washu 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.scapecode.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1926  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/25/2001 12:26:24 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/Washu/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SlimDX June 2010 Released That's right! SlimDX June 2010 release is out! Please look for the survey. Its like finding Waldo, except we want you to do it. Promit tells me there is one. If you find it, please feel free to email Promit with the link, as he'd like to know w... 
Posted June 30, 2010 7:43:10 PM
We have lost one of our own! :( Dear friends, I've been here a long time now, and have seen too many friends come and go from this site, and this world. Today I come to you with more bad news, and this one is even closer to home than most of the others. One of our own,... 
Posted July 1, 2009 1:07:36 PM
Happy Birfday GDNet! Where's the donut holes contraceptives dispenser, Superpig? 
Posted June 10, 2009 1:39:42 PM
yo bitches, this function is sposed to be here, but it's not. why? The title was Mike.Popoloski's idea yo bitches, this function (XMColorNearEqual) is sposed to be here, but it's not. why? On a more serious note: The March 2009 SDK release included the new XNA Math library. We've (Mike and I) been playing aroun... 
Posted April 6, 2009 10:25:45 PM
SlimDX March 2009 *SP1* Released! Promit screwed up and shipped corrupt x64 binaries. He has released an SP1 package to correct the mistake. The March 2009 release of SlimDX is now out! This is a major release in terms of new functionality and improvements behind the scenes. Many... 
Posted March 30, 2009 3:08:27 PM
Welcome to the Hardware Forum This forum is dedicated to hardware in all its glory! Everything from the latest and greatest in graphics to the best possible system builds you can imagine! Why, you can even speculate on the latest in hardware mergers! Such as ATI + AMD vs Int... 
Posted January 5, 2007 3:41:50 PM
Meet your new queen...er king!  
Posted August 11, 2008 1:31:00 PM
ZOMG! IT'S BOOLEAN! And he's not dead! (Although, he could be a zombie.) 
Posted June 24, 2007 12:57:58 AM
Oops, C# Workshop signup thread here Welcome to the GDNet C# Workshop Signup ThreadFor a complete introduction to this workshop, please look here. Workshop Overview This workshop is designed to aid people in their journey to learn beginning C# (C-Sharp). This workshop is targeted... 
Posted June 21, 2007 7:42:49 PM
We're Back! YAY! 
Posted February 13, 2007 1:35:45 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Windows 7 WTF? Can't install fonts without admin priviledges?? Quote:Original post by Grimunlock Quote:Original post by Washu If there's no IT department, then who has admin privileges? That is all that's required to install the font. we have "a guy" who has Admin Privileges, and the guy is out on exte... 
Posted January 4, 2011 4:39:43 PM
Windows 7 WTF? Can't install fonts without admin priviledges?? If there's no IT department, then who has admin privileges? That is all that's required to install the font. 
Posted January 4, 2011 4:04:31 PM
What does VC++2010EE set uninitialised bools to? Do not leave variables uninitialized. Do not depend on the debug or runtime to initialize your variables to any particular value. 
Posted December 31, 2010 4:37:15 AM
Copying a string literal in a char array to a different char array Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Quote:Note also the similarities: std::cout<< count << count++ << "\n"; outputArray[count] = *yourCharacterArray[count++]; so if I am understanding correctly, associativ... 
Posted December 30, 2010 3:26:14 PM
How is C# and best book for learning it? Quote:Original post by OriginUnknown First off I'd like to ask how C# fares for game development now. Secondly I would like to ask what the best book/ebook for learning it would be. You have XNA, SlimDX, and OpenTK for use in creating games. You... 
Posted December 29, 2010 11:33:10 PM
C++ Passing a struct to a function Quote:Original post by LordJulian Simple quiz is simple. Sorry, had to do it :p Yes, such a simple quiz. Funny though how most developers manage to fail it, even professional ones. 
Posted December 29, 2010 9:24:38 PM
C# problem: The name 'nodes' does not exist in the current context Couple of ways, but I have to question WHY you want to do that? A better choice would be to simply either pass the list of nodes straight to the concerned object, or to have the concerned object HOST the node array its self. Also, since the node arra... 
Posted December 29, 2010 4:55:15 AM
WinMain violates RAII (when code crashes) Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ Quote:Original post by Bow_vernon Oh thx guys, so it's impossible to get a memory leak in nowadays OS. Not quite! You can still leak memory and other resources. They will almost always be reclaimed by the OS... 
Posted December 28, 2010 9:20:31 PM
stupid Null Pointer Exception Quote:Original post by boogyman19946 oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh XD So Java doesn't create default objects when arrays are created? Sorry I missed the fact that it was the private class that wasn't created, I thought it was the buffered... 
Posted December 28, 2010 9:19:24 PM
stupid Null Pointer Exception Quote:Original post by boogyman19946 Well that's the thing. I need the tiles to be null, and have to check later if they are in fact null in order to proceed, but I can't seem to be able to check them because the reference itself seems to be null. ... 
Posted December 28, 2010 6:29:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User