Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know boolean...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname boolean 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1854  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/21/2003 8:57:57 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/boolean/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
What does name mean in C#? Silly question here. I've tried googling this but it keeps stripping out the characters I'm searching on. When using C#, what does the <> mean? As in, <Contacts>. It seems like it's being used to inherit the class it's declarin... 
Posted February 13, 2010 7:25:06 PM
The definitive guide to game writing inspiration Over the last few months I have noticed that there seems to of been a number of posts asking for help on a similar theme: “Im a coder, not a writer. Please help me write a story” This is a pretty common occurrence. A programmer designs an... 
Posted August 16, 2004 8:18:36 AM
Going to post your story? Read this first One of the biggest parts of writing a game is the story itself. It’s what captures the players interest and keeps them playing until the shocking finale. Its also one of the few parts of game design that requires no programming or technical know... 
Posted August 10, 2004 8:46:59 AM
Business networks - IP confusion I’m confused when it comes to business networks. At my old home the internet setup looks like: Cable modem---->Router---->Users Now at my new building with 200 people, the setup is more like (as far as I can tell): Cable modem--... 
Posted August 17, 2008 5:20:12 PM
Toronto Gdnet gathering! - Or not GDNET TORONTO NARP! (NARP = No Apparent Reason Party, a term stolen from Destructoid) Right now I'm doing nothing but study and wandering around the city going "oooh" and "aaaah" at everything that's bigger than in Australia, so to mix things... 
Posted July 29, 2008 5:16:22 PM
Adobe Air Adobe released the public version of AIR a few days ago, you can grab it for free here. I've been checking out a few apps with it, and it's pretty dang cool. For those who may not have heard of it, AIR is a cross platform SDK/runtime environment w... 
Posted July 21, 2008 3:35:20 AM
Duke Nukem - Best trailer of E3 Anyone who thought the Duke Nukem franchise was starting to get old, this trailer will awesome your eyes right out the back of your skull. Those who thought Duke Nukem wasn't going to have a hell of a showing at this years E3 just got slapped down ha... 
Posted July 17, 2008 12:24:32 AM
Canada! I be in it! Advice on what to get up to? 20 hours of sitting on a goddam plane, 4 stops, 1 suitcase missing for 30 minutes and a very expensive taxi ride later: Hide your moose (meese?), I'm finally in Canada! I'M SO EXCITED! I'm staying on Bloor Street West, right above the... 
Posted July 4, 2008 7:31:10 PM
Lunch time ideas When I was in Australia, my lunch normally consisted of a trip to the local shop for either a pie and coke, a sausage roll and coke or a hamburger and coke. Now that I’m Toronto my lunch time menu is not quite as available as it used to be. Unf... 
Posted July 8, 2008 4:29:06 PM
TV in Toronto (and around the world) - How does it work? So it only just occurred to me that when I get to Canada, I'll have to buy a tv. "No problems" I thought, "I'll just plug it into the wall and I'll be set". Turns out, NOT SO EASY. Here in Australia we have nation wide free-to-air tv whic... 
Posted June 8, 2008 3:02:07 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What does name mean in C#? Still alive Ah Generic types looks like what it is. Cheers! 
Posted February 13, 2010 7:41:27 PM
Quantum of Solace I freakin loved it. It was a bit light on story, but it's still much better than the direction the old Bond movies were heading (at least it didn't start with him surfing into a freakin rebel base or fighting a guy in an electricity shooting rob... 
Posted November 16, 2008 12:24:28 PM
EA: forum ban = game ban Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath Sorry, that may sound draconian, but roughly as draconian as the mall and stores therein banning you after you've (A) stolen something, (B) exposed yourself in the food court. Not really, it would be more like... 
Posted October 31, 2008 3:02:21 AM
EA: forum ban = game ban Quote:Original post by frob It appears they aren't revoking your right to the software, they're revoking your usage of their servers. What about MMO's? They all connect back to the EA master account too 0_o 
Posted October 30, 2008 6:26:17 PM
Live action Dragonball movie... What did any of that have to do with Dragonball? 
Posted October 19, 2008 3:46:44 PM
Yarrrr!!! Arrr, for ye scurvy dogs who be needing help speaking pirate 
Posted September 19, 2008 11:19:31 AM
12 year old upgrades solar panel tech! Psh, big deal. When I was 10 I had a cardboard box that was a time machine. It even said so on the side. 
Posted September 18, 2008 6:23:40 PM
LHC to end the world! As someone said over at CA, it's Y2K all over again. 
Posted September 11, 2008 7:19:08 AM
How to tell a girl you don't know likes you? Quote:Original post by bgilb The weirdest one I got was a girl getting a random Asian dude to give me this crazy ass note confessing her eternal love for me. I once had a girl come up to me at school and say "My friend really likes you, s... 
Posted September 9, 2008 9:42:38 PM
Where is the violence in hobbyist games? Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places 
Posted September 9, 2008 10:11:05 AM
View All Replies Made By This User