Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mntlinstituteflr...  
Full Name Patrick Cason
Nickname mntlinstituteflr 
State/Province, Country TN   United States
GD Gathering City Brentwood, TN, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.patrickcason.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID mntlinstituteflr 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student! 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1090  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/7/2004 4:53:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Guide to Successful Posting Guide to Successful Posting Patrick "mntlinstituteflr" Cason Many posts of the gamedev community are on the Help Wanted forum. However, many of those posts are completely ignored by people on the community because they don't have such... 
Posted May 23, 2007 8:21:22 AM
Dune Buggy This is a dune buggy I've created. No, this is not for the Warhawk Studios game I am working on, which is still going fine, but for another game (Planet X) which is on the Truevision 3D Engine forums. This is a high poly model that will b... 
Posted October 29, 2006 10:55:52 AM
1-month 2D game, looking for one programmer Team name: None, not necessary to have a name Project name: None, not necessary at the time Brief description: I'd like to try the challenge of creating a very small, 2D game in about 1 month's development time. I'm interested in designing... 
Posted January 19, 2010 10:10:58 AM
Problems with footer (HTML/CSS) I have a problem with the positioning of my footer. I'm using a CSS and HTML combo for this website and attempting to use as few images as possible. Attached is a ZIP of the website I've got (just the images, index html page, and the css style... 
Posted December 9, 2009 9:55:36 AM
College Art Portfolio I'm in my last year of high school and have just finished my art portfolio and have almost finished applying for college. I'm going to be applying to Savannah College of Art and Design with this portfolio, I hope to go into Animation or some Visual... 
Posted December 12, 2009 11:36:30 PM
3ds Max Backburner Problem I'm running into a few problems when trying to run a Backburner server from my PC. Here's the set up: Laptop - Running 3ds Max project - Running Manager - Running Server (connected to Manager) - Running Monitor (connected to Manager) Deskt... 
Posted December 9, 2009 9:12:26 AM
Rendering extremely high polygon rates (3ds Max) Hi there, Been a while since I've posted on the forums, I come back with a few questions. I've almost finished working on my art portfolio for college (images shortly after I get this final render done). I'm trying to render a torn dow... 
Posted November 23, 2009 11:41:01 PM
PlanetX Map Editor PlanetX Map Editor is an advanced map editor for TrueVision3D 6.5. If you do not own TV3D 6.5, you will be unable to use it. 6.5 will be out to the public in a matter of weeks, though, so if you are interested keep updated with their site www.truevis... 
Posted July 7, 2007 9:42:43 PM
Portfolio Final (if your interested...) Alright, a few weeks ago I posted the latest from my portfolio. I have taken suggestions and have polished my models a ton. I posted one of them in the Image of the Day section as well (Ferrari F50). I have my portfolio review with a counselo... 
Posted January 23, 2009 12:19:09 AM
Ferrari F50 This is my most current model. I've been working on an art portfolio for college recently and I thought I'd give a small show of what I've been up to lately. Comments and criticism welcome (especially from those who know what a college portfol... 
Posted January 20, 2009 2:04:04 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Architectural Demo You said your friend did the texturing. Tell him to work on a few aspects of it, I'm not too partial to the escalator and the chairs in either picture. It seems very low poly, are there any normal maps being used? This could suffice if you ca... 
Posted March 15, 2010 11:21:22 AM
Need Team For UDK Project Pockets, You need to format your post to the following template. Also, it's advised you fix up your spelling and grammar, it's unappealing to those viewing your thread (and may show your age). Best of luck! Template Suggestions 
Posted March 11, 2010 9:21:05 AM
P90X Experiences (Exercise DVDs) Never done P90X myself... however (being in high school) I know plenty of people who have tried it with great success. Even some of my siblings are doing it (they failed). You need to know that it's, as I've heard, just about the hardest thing you'... 
Posted February 26, 2010 9:18:34 AM
1-month 2D game, looking for one programmer Because I want to have the human contact portion of making a game. That just seems a little... "half-assed" to me. I want to be able to work with somebody else on this game. Personal preference. :) 
Posted January 20, 2010 12:07:45 AM
1-month 2D game, looking for one programmer Isometric gameplay would be neat, but as I understand it... that may not be entirely doable in one month. Overhead is just fine. At the moment I don't have any 2D art to show, however, my plan was to make models in 3D and simply render as 2D (... 
Posted January 19, 2010 8:07:13 PM
Am I destroying the world? Quote:Original post by owl And I was drunk. Am I destroying the fucking world or what=? No, just your kidneys. :) Owl, I wouldn't worry. To be honest, I'm not very old and I won't try to be wiser than I am, but I'd say you shouldn't worry... 
Posted January 5, 2010 9:41:51 AM
Big Indie Action Title In Need of Lead Coder & Texture Artists You could call me impressed... you've got quite a bit of work to show for it!... you should definitely post it here! Remember to use the image tags so we can see you're screenshots and renders straight inside of the thread. 
Posted December 30, 2009 8:04:55 PM
Your favourite game?  
Posted December 22, 2009 1:42:55 AM
Hello Game Dev Forum These should also help get you on your feet: For Beginners Articles and Resources Hate to say it, but getting mentored isn't probably best, I'd take a look at the "Articles and Resources" section of the site (I have even been known to do... 
Posted December 22, 2009 1:35:46 AM
Photoshop Pro vs. Photoshop Elements For Game Development Quote:Original post by 3dmodelerguy I was wondering if Photoshop Pro has any features that Photoshop Elements doesn't have that are crucial for game development? Yes, Elements lacks a few of the things PShop Pro has... well, more like almost all... 
Posted December 22, 2009 1:28:03 AM
View All Replies Made By This User