Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Muhammad Haggag...  Moderator
Full Name Muhammad Haggag
Nickname Muhammad Haggag 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Redmond, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL mhaggag.wordpress.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1825  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/22/2000 5:29:55 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/MHaggag/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Chapter 2 Chapter 2 discussions go here. EDIT: Removed time period from title. [Edited by - Muhammad Haggag on April 8, 2007 1:45:33 AM] 
Posted January 1, 2007 8:33:16 AM
Student status What follows is a list of students extracted from the registration thread. Members, please respond (with your number) and include your status: Which Chapter, and which section. If you're no longer interested in studying in the workshop, please say... 
Posted February 1, 2007 2:00:50 PM
[C++] DirectDraw Overlay Library I have created a C++ overlay library based on the C++ Overlay Sample published almost a year and a half ago. It improves a number of things over the sample: 1. It works on nVidia cards, using either the YUY2 or UVYV surface formats. 2.... 
Posted April 24, 2007 2:46:28 PM
Electronic Arts Standard Template Library This paper came up on programming.reddit today: Electronic Arts Standard Template Library. Abstract: Gaming platforms and game designs place requirements on game software which differ from requirements of other platforms. Most significantl... 
Posted May 19, 2007 4:29:35 AM
Scheme-like ML with macros? Greetings, So I kinda cheated and read a bit about macros, as well as some advanced Scheme code. In my mind, I keep comparing the code to OCaml (the only ML-derived language I've studied), and can't help but prefer OCaml for mainly 2 reasons:... 
Posted March 28, 2007 1:06:18 AM
Oz...what do you think of it? Greetings, I'm interested in knowing your opinion of the language Oz, as it stands now, and your expectation for it in the future. I've been reading about the "big" functional languages recently, and Haskell, Lisp, and Ocaml seem to be the most... 
Posted March 28, 2007 1:14:13 AM
Workshop revival Apparently, the workshop isn't going smoothly. This is an attempt to analyze why this is so, and how to improve the situation. Feedback from mentors and all students is welcome. First of all, all members please report their status in this thread: ... 
Posted February 1, 2007 2:07:04 PM
[GLSL] gl_LightSource[0] fields always zeroed Greetings, While implementing per-pixel lighting in GLSL, I attempted to use the built-in gl_LightSource array instead of creating and setting uniform variables for the light properties. I kept getting black results, and I narrowed it down to this... 
Posted February 15, 2007 1:18:07 PM
SICP in other languages Chris Rathman has been working his way through SICP, translating the code examples to other languages (e.g. O'Caml, Oz) along the way. You can find the translations here. 
Posted January 4, 2007 1:22:41 PM
Start Here Introduction This workshop is dedicated to the study of the book "Structure and Interpretation of Computers Programs". To quote Wikipedia: Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (SICP) is a textbook published in 1985 about general comput... 
Posted November 18, 2006 8:50:28 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Debugger visualizers for time classes (autoexp.dat) Can you post your attempts? Which version of Visual Studio are you using? 
Posted August 17, 2010 2:33:39 AM
CreateWindowW strips caption to single character!! The last time I ran into this, I was calling DefWindowProcA instead of DefWindowProcW. 
Posted August 17, 2010 2:30:20 AM
weird win32 GDI bug The problem manifests because of the MoveBall call: pe = gpBall->MoveBall(*gpPlayerOne, *gpPlayerTwo); You're dereferencing pointers. That'd have been fine if MoveBall took Player references (Player&), but it doesn't: PlayerEnum Ball::MoveBal... 
Posted July 1, 2010 9:23:44 PM
Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal - Open Beta That looks beautiful. I'll give it a try when I get home. Consider posting it to the Image of the Day gallery. 
Posted May 13, 2010 7:04:11 PM
DX SDK installer not adding paths to VC++ Directories It's been a long time since I've installed a DirectX SDK, so I don't recall what they used to do. I can confirm that the March one doesn't modify the Visual C++ directories, and I think it's better that way. System-wide include/library overrides... 
Posted September 3, 2009 8:36:49 PM
Alternatives to Visual Assist X? As far as Visual Studio plugins go, you won't find anything better for C++. If you're open to moving to other editors, though, some folks on my team use SlickEdit and swear by it. I haven't used it myself, though. 
Posted June 16, 2009 8:36:54 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net I'm too lazy to try GridMove..how does it compare to Winsplit revolution? 
Posted April 28, 2009 3:10:46 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net Quote:Original post by KreK Enrico, Witcher is not DRM free. Many people have all sorts of problems with that game because of its DRM. Use Google and look around. Retail and Steam Witcher seems to come with DRM indeed. The one on Impulse... 
Posted October 16, 2008 5:40:13 PM
DLL abstract class export 1. Is that the actual code you used? I don't see any __declspec(dllexport) on the Object3D class. 2. Where's the code that calls initialize()? 
Posted October 15, 2008 10:34:52 PM
DLL abstract class export CodeProject: HowTo: Export C++ classes from a DLL. I'm not sure how things work on the gcc side, though. I generally avoid exporting C++ classes. 
Posted October 15, 2008 4:46:04 PM
View All Replies Made By This User