Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dacredens...  
Full Name Dacre Denny
Nickname dacredens 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   New Zealand
GD Gathering City Hamilton, Unknown Region, New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.dacredenny.com 
ICQ ID dacredens@gmail.com 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/17/2003 4:54:05 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Strange render target glitch - deferred lighting Hi, I though it would be interesting to implement deferred lighting using C#/D3D9 (I want this app to have independence from XNA). I've basically got it up and running, but can't seem to pin down the cause of some visual artifacts. When I compute... 
Posted October 14, 2010 9:45:13 PM
Possible: D3D10 + Sprites + fonts ?! Hi, I've been running into an annoyance when combining font rendering calls with sprite batch rendering during my rendering sequence. I'm using d3d10 and I've verified that my rendering of fonts and sprites actually produces results that i can see... 
Posted February 14, 2010 8:19:28 PM
Swimming Snake This was our entry into the recent Global Game Jam 2010 event. Entry's into the event had to satisfy a few constraints and in this case it was 'integrating deception' into the game in some way. We came up with the idea of a snake swimming down a ri... 
Posted February 16, 2010 5:39:24 PM
Robust transformations from direction vector?? Hi, I was wondering if there is a robust method of constructing a world/model transformation via a vector that represents the forward vector of the final orientation. My idea is to take the direction vector and find it's other two orthogonal vectors... 
Posted January 31, 2010 6:50:29 AM
global HLSL shader structs (in D3D10)?? Hi, I've come from using HLSL in d3d 9 and I'm migrating to d3d10. Using d3d9, I was able to declare a global instance of a custom struct in my hlsl shader. It seems that I can do this in d3d10 too. However, using d3d9 I could set the data of the str... 
Posted October 25, 2009 5:28:42 AM
Maya: Access/Export color sets Hi, I'm trying to access the color values of different color sets that are assigned to vertices on a mesh object. Until now I've been using the getColor function provided by the mesh iterators but this averages all color values present on a... 
Posted September 30, 2009 5:11:41 PM
D3D10 - Texture Problem - resource view not binding Hi, I'm pretty new to direct3d 10 and some of it's concepts so.. I've implemented some simple rendering code and have a shader up and running I'm now trying to sample a texture on some geometry I've created a resource view/texture successfull... 
Posted August 16, 2009 8:12:39 PM
Maya API: get material list? I'm trying to get access to material objects in my scene via the Maya API. What I need is a result/list similar to that which is returned from the getConnectedShaders(..) function on the MFnMesh object. However I want this list to be independent... 
Posted July 20, 2009 8:26:01 PM
Weird screen quad artifacts Hi, I've been working on d3d9 project for a while now and it involves the use of render targets to store packed data in buffers etc. I'm getting some weird problems when it comes to rendering my screen quad ... the issue has been lurking about f... 
Posted June 21, 2009 6:09:08 AM
"Atlantis" Hi my name's Dacre and I'm a "programmer/artist" Here are a few shots of my current project, some of which show off some of the new features that I've added to my graphics/games engine. I've used this code for my previous game/tech demo projects: P... 
Posted June 2, 2009 10:35:21 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Strange render target glitch - deferred lighting Hi, I tried disabling stencil/depth - I think I've found the problem - I was clearing the depth buffer during the normal/depth encoding/scene rendering pass to ensure that foreground geometry was always seen in front of the scene's skybox - i comment... 
Posted October 15, 2010 6:50:38 PM
Strange render target glitch - deferred lighting Hi, it looks like I can't set render target 0 to null in c#/d3d9 - when I do this I get an exception (?) I'll experiment with the render state before the lighting pass - I'll let you know how things go, thanks for your help Dacre  
Posted October 15, 2010 4:58:33 PM
Strange render target glitch - deferred lighting Hi thanks for your idea, Suppose I was writing the diffuse color to RT0, and specular to RT1, do you suggest I flip it so that diffuse->RT1, specular->RT0? I tried that, what I found was that the glitches occur independently from my shader co... 
Posted October 15, 2010 6:58:13 AM
Strange render target glitch - deferred lighting I did give that a go - when I step through the pixel shader, correct values seem to be output on both COLOR0 and COLOR1. For an 'artifact pixel', the shader seems to be computing the right value - somehow it's just not appearing as it should in... 
Posted October 15, 2010 5:38:43 AM
Air Aces: Pacific FANTASTIC WORK! I really love the visual style for starters - the art direction looks awesome, this is the kind of stuff I love to see on here the screenshots give the impression of some awesome game play too, is there a video? 
Posted March 10, 2010 3:31:57 AM
Esenthel RPG 2 wow this is fantastic!! great job :) 
Posted March 8, 2010 1:35:47 PM
Possible: D3D10 + Sprites + fonts ?! no ideas? have I posted in the wrong section? 
Posted February 18, 2010 4:42:07 PM
Swimming Snake Hi Moe, thanks for that - yeah, I think the good thing about this event is it's duration - it's long enough to make a project like this doable but short enough to allow participants to sustain the level of efficiency and energy required to get it do... 
Posted February 17, 2010 4:40:56 PM
Possible: D3D10 + Sprites + fonts ?! hi, yeah it's all happening within the same render loop and the calls to font and sprite render are virtually right next to each other. I'm just trying to set up a basic ui for my application. Something has just come to mind; do I need to have a... 
Posted February 14, 2010 9:57:46 PM
Robust transformations from direction vector?? thanks for that :) [Edited by - dacredens on February 1, 2010 12:40:49 AM] 
Posted January 31, 2010 3:40:02 PM
View All Replies Made By This User