Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know marcgfx...  
Full Name  
Nickname marcgfx 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.cyberlympics.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/2/2010 1:21:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Cyberlympics Cyberlympics allows you to program your own bots and send them into challenges against other players. The current challenges are very similar to the maybe known "Robocode", you basically just have to destroy the other bots and survive. Unlike "Roboco... 
Posted August 23, 2010 3:05:37 PM
Cyberlympics.com looking for AI-Contestants I've been working on http://cyberlympics.com for quite some time, so far without being able to attract many users. All coding is done in javascript and it's not all that complicated. All battles can be watched online, without registrati... 
Posted November 10, 2010 11:57:16 AM
JSRay - Realtime Preview Raytracer I've spent some more time on my little javascript-Raytracer. Getting it to render fast enough to achieve a sensible framerate is still a dream, but at least I've managed to create a real-time preview ;) ... With time the CPU-Developers will... 
Posted April 14, 2010 9:24:12 AM
Javascript Realtime Raytracer Experiment A few days ago I started on this javascript raytracer, knowing that it's likely going to be a waste of time. Unfortunately I might be quite right about that, but it was still kind of fun. I have learnt a lot about javascript in the proce... 
Posted January 2, 2010 11:27:13 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
First Try Fridays iPhone App looks fantastic. watched the video on the homepage, really impressive. that's possible on the iphone? how did you port the engine from pc to iphone? 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:51:29 PM
Xilvan Design's Candy World IV game graphics look pretty good. what on earth is the wind effect? don't like the interface icons at all. maybe try using real icons/2d graphics instead of those misshapen 3d objects. they are all different sizes and it looks really unclean. the... 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:37:30 PM
Vampire Slayer Squad (Android game) I like the entry screen and the menu. I don't like the in game screenshots at all, sorry. the tiles are brutally repetetive. the background tiles should imho not be so noisy, why don't you try to use the smooth graphics you are using otherwise. they... 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:34:19 PM
Are my goals realistic? I dare say the programming hat not really become much easier. So no it is not realistic in C++, if you don't want to at least be an advanced programmer. maybe you can use some gamestudio type of stuff, nothing i have tried though. do you really... 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:27:53 PM
The power of gradient overlay in Swords & Soldiers great work. it's astonishing how easily the mind can be deceived by such simple changes. I've done some reading on your website and I really like how you approach different problems. keep it up :) 
Posted January 2, 2011 6:30:44 AM
Terraforming over UDP haven't read more than the first 2.5 posts... instead of sending a start/stop signal for the terrain elevation brush, couldn't you just send the start signal and imply the stop, e.g. elevation is added for 1 second. meaning a change in elevation wou... 
Posted December 28, 2010 8:28:28 PM
Cyberlympics yeah registration is not perfekt and a little missleading. you don't have to be a member of the team to take part, you just need an account on onlito.com (it's another project of mine). 
Posted December 27, 2010 6:15:02 AM
Cyberlympics I was not aware of that :) . when I took part in robocode a long time ago, team battles were not available, or I never was aware of them. I am currently working on a few new features, to make it more interesting for other people (that do not cod... 
Posted December 26, 2010 10:29:58 AM
soccer-ai is there no way you can use a scripting language? I've developed a small "ai-soccer" environment for my ai contest site :) (cyberlympics.com)... even with javascript it's still challenging. I believe using this xml approach, you will get reall... 
Posted December 24, 2010 5:35:41 AM
Flocking Behavior you have to reduce the amount of comparisons. e.g. use a grid based approach, where only the objects within a grid and it's neighbours are compared. if the objects are spread out far enough and you have a large grid, the algorithm will have a co... 
Posted December 24, 2010 5:27:25 AM
View All Replies Made By This User