Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mvBarracuda...  
Full Name  
Nickname mvBarracuda 
State/Province, Country Dresden, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.parpg.net 
ICQ ID 98600423 
AIM ID barrafife 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1332  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/3/2005 4:43:24 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to protect your software project from poisonous people *video* Not sure if this fits in here, but as it's project management related, I'll go ahead. Feel free to move it to a different subforum. The video is based on the experiences of some Google developers working on Subversion. While it's primari... 
Posted January 7, 2011 3:55:50 AM
OSS Isometric 2d RPG searching for experienced Python programmer *with screenshots* Team name: PARPG development team Project name: PARPG - Post-Apocalyptic RolePlaying Game Brief description: The project has been originally founded in early 2009 and has been in production ever since. The game is heavily inspired by gems of... 
Posted November 4, 2010 2:34:45 PM
Artists and (distributed) version control I hope that this thread fits in here. It's not software engineering related, but rather a project management topic. But as there are a couple of project management threads in here, I figured that this might be the right place to post in. Anyway, I... 
Posted December 7, 2010 5:04:50 AM
PARPG: isometric old school 2d RPG - first techdemo available now The first techdemo of our post-apocalyptical isometric 2d RPG is available for Linux, Mac, Win32 and all sorts of BSD variants now. Video: PARPG r472 video (slightly older than the released techdemo) Download instructions: http://blog.parpg.n... 
Posted March 12, 2010 1:00:36 AM
PARPG: isometric 2d RPG searching for new maintainer / project manager Team name: PARPG development team Project name: PARPG - post-apocalyptic roleplaying game Brief description: The project was founded in late January 2009 when I started to flesh out the concept at our project wiki. PARPG is an old school 2d... 
Posted March 15, 2010 8:31:36 AM
PARPG: isometric old school 2d RPG - first techdemo available now The first techdemo of our post-apocalyptical isometric 2d RPG is available for Linux, Mac, Win32 and all sorts of BSD variants now. Screenshot: Video: PARPG r472 video (slightly older than the released techdemo) Download instructions: ht... 
Posted March 11, 2010 9:00:57 AM
PARPG: isometric old school 2d RPG - first techdemo available now The first techdemo of our post-apocalyptical isometric 2d RPG is available for Linux, Mac, Win32 and all sorts of BSD variants now. Screenshot: Video: PARPG r472 video (slightly older than the released techdemo) Download instructions: ht... 
Posted March 11, 2010 9:06:10 AM
PARPG - isometric 2d RPG looking for programmers, artists & game mechanics designers Team name: PARPG development team. Project name: PARPG - post-apocalyptic roleplaying game. It's just a working title at the moment and we can reconsider it later. Brief description: I had plans for such a project for quite some time but it... 
Posted February 10, 2009 6:31:44 PM
Unknown Horizons are waiting for you Unknown Horizons is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building. Expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods. Increase your power... 
Posted October 19, 2009 1:43:50 PM
Unknown Horizons: isometric 2d economy and strategy game *screenshots* Unknown Horizons is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building. Expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods. Increase your power... 
Posted October 19, 2009 6:33:34 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Python Hello World... I'm sure zer0wolf meant to link here: Think Python :-) 
Posted January 7, 2011 1:21:14 AM
OSS Isometric 2d RPG searching for experienced Python programmer *with screenshots* I haven't forgotten about the news update farcodev :-) Just have been rather busy with fleshing out workflows at our wiki. I can hopefully post the news update over the weekend. Sorry for the delays. 
Posted January 5, 2011 10:38:47 AM
Quake 3 Arena Compilation Error in VS 2010 Express I think they're part of the assets that shipped with the original Quake 3 release you can still buy. However there are open source projects to replace all original assets with free (as in free beer and in free speech) versions. So you either have... 
Posted January 3, 2011 7:20:28 PM
Quake 3 Arena Compilation Error in VS 2010 Express Do you use the original q3 source package ID released or the improved ioq3 package? In case you use the original ID release package, rather download ioq3, which already has a number of fixes and enhancement applied. I'm pretty sure that the origin... 
Posted January 2, 2011 8:51:23 PM
OSS Isometric 2d RPG searching for experienced Python programmer *with screenshots* Thanks for the encouragement farcodev :-) That's really appreciated. If things go as planned, I'll update our dev blog with a status update tomorrow. We've been mostly working on the project infrastructure lately, so don't expect anything gro... 
Posted January 1, 2011 1:19:07 PM
OSS Isometric 2d RPG searching for experienced Python programmer *with screenshots* Still looking for another experienced Python programmer to strengthen our team :-) 
Posted December 30, 2010 7:16:55 PM
Beheaded Studios (re-posted and re-done) Please reformat your post according to the mandatory posting template. Good luck with your project. 
Posted December 27, 2010 12:59:43 AM
Sprite Art Needed for NES/GB-Style Game You might have better luck by following the mandatory posting template and providing some information about your former game projects. Some screenshots or even better: a demo version to play around with often does wonders. Artists are rare to find... 
Posted December 24, 2010 11:47:46 PM
OSS Isometric 2d RPG searching for experienced Python programmer *with screenshots* Here's a little media update as Christmas present: another GUI mockup, this time showing a text-based inventory. We haven't decided yet if we'll go for a mainly text-based or an image-based inventory:  
Posted December 24, 2010 10:50:04 PM
Compiling SDL/Boost in Visual Studio 2010 Did you build Boost from source or used a precompiled package, e.g. from BoostPro? If you've built boost yourself, try the BoostPro package. If you're already using BoostPro, rather build them from source and check if that resolves your problems. ... 
Posted December 22, 2010 11:26:11 AM
View All Replies Made By This User